Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just rewatched Pacquaio-JMM 1

Share/Bookmark
    Addicted to_boxing Guest

Default Re: Just rewatched Pacquaio-JMM 1

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    Relax pal, we'll see who the real fool is in couple of weeks. But be very careful, I'm really good at analyzing boxing and I hardly go wrong.

What you say has not merit as to what happens in the ring. In two weeks I will not be foolish waiting 4 years for a man to age is great strategy on PAC teams behalf. JMM is really good but many PAC fans have already mention how slow and flt footed JMM has looked recently. So Kudos to the Geriatric Assassin. Bring on Soto, Juan Diaz and Guman and lower the age requirements. Pac should win this fight, I just anxious to see if JMM can muster up one last effort. More interested in A Pac vs Baby Bull match or a sibling revenge fight with Soto. Not a circus match against a UK midget with little over rated skills.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    What you say has not merit as to what happens in the ring. In two weeks I will not be foolish waiting 4 years for a man to age is great strategy on PAC teams behalf. JMM is really good but many PAC fans have already mention how slow and flt footed JMM has looked recently. So Kudos to the Geriatric Assassin. Bring on Soto, Juan Diaz and Guman and lower the age requirements. Pac should win this fight, I just anxious to see if JMM can muster up one last effort. More interested in A Pac vs Baby Bull match or a sibling revenge fight with Soto. Not a circus match against a UK midget with little over rated skills.
    I just can't help but comment on your post addicted to_boxing.

First, Pacquaio's team did not wait for JMM to age. It was JMM who did not accept the rematch after their first fight.JMM opted for Chris John so PAcquaio had to look for more worthy opponents(in terms of financial reward and prestige).Nor has JMM shown any interest of fighting Pacquaio again not until recently. When JMM challenged Pacquaio, it was immediately accepted by Pacquaio after JMM conceded to accept the terms of PAcquaio which was actually very reasonable (hope you know what it was coz it was as if you know everything in boxing, though in truth you had no idea of what you were talking).

You were talking of Soto and Guzman as better opponents for Pacquaio................. are you serious? They are good boxers, no doubt about it, but JMM is still the best opponent PAcquaio could have for now.

No doubt Juan Diaz is also a good choice for Pacquaio but the boxing world's clamor was for PAcquaio to fight JMM first. Can you blame Pacquaio or his team for being gracious about it?

Second, who are you calling a UK midget with little overrated skills? Hatton's first defeat was from the P4P #1. Does that defeat make him overrated? Tell that to all the respected members in this forum and they will tell you that you lack some boxing knowledge despite of your being addicted to it.....

Peace man.
    Last edited by brucelee; 02-26-2008 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM won the first fight for me,he adjusted beautifully. It was close though. However,had JMM been slightly awake during the first round and not been knocked down,that would have been an easy W. Take away the first and maybe the second,and JMM looked awesome. There were a few(very few) other close rounds too.

For the rematch, JMM has shwon his age in his last few fights,not in terms of his skill,but his body. His face cuts like heck,even after a few punches and NONE of those guys he has faced hit anywhere remotely as hard as Manny. JMM has never been able to get out of the way of the straight left,you can see that in his fight with Terdsak(I think). Manny has added more to his arsenal so I just feel he has enough to win.

This fight will show us other things though:Can Manny bring the old fire back? Sure,there's nothing wrong with using more head movement and blocking more but the fire that got him to where he is has been missing for the last year. He needs that because if he thinks he's going to outbox JMM,he's wrong.

I have Manny UD but I want JMM to win this one so badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also you have to take into affect.They have moved up in weight since their last battle,and ask yourself who has looked better.Defenitely Marquez from what I've seen.Sure PAc-man stopped an old Morales and did have a iffy showing against Solis and lastly an ok performance against Barrera.Now look at Marquez against Barrera one of his best performances and again with Juarez.How many times have we seen when little fighters move up in weight they leave that power at the lower weight class.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Pac has looked good for a long time. If he couldnt beat Marquez last time when he was young and hungry , what chance does he have now .

I dont think it will be that entertaining but we'll see a ring master in Marquez who although past his best will know enough tricks to expose Pac for a 2nd time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    I dont think Pac has looked good for a long time. If he couldnt beat Marquez last time when he was young and hungry , what chance does he have now .

I dont think it will be that entertaining but we'll see a ring master in Marquez who although past his best will know enough tricks to expose Pac for a 2nd time.
    I see like always already making excuses. Anti pac is back, last time i check jmm didn't win the fight so how can you say pac couldn't beat him if neither went home with the win. If you look at each fighter after the fight, look at jmm....he looks like he suffered two strokes a few concussion and severe nerve damages. Since then who has been less defensive and has been caught way too many for a so called master boxer from lesser southpaws. Honest to god, JMM ain't been the same since that fight. Pac hasn't been in a close fight since the morales rematch and jmm was just in one against mab who pac easily beat barely trying. Yea if you think pac didn't look good why couldn't your great marco come close to beating him like he nearly beat jmm and even dropped him. What arguement do you really have other then your bias oppinion? Since when does a fighter performace poorly when he lands over 50% at a fight and easily cruise to a u.d? FAns like you are just use to seeing pac knock out his oppenent and anything less then that is a poor performance.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    well said pacfan. You know I have the video of Pacquaio showing his blistered foot after the fight.... that's why I'm confident that Pacquaio will win this fight against Marquez. I've been scoffed at and ridiculed before when I said what you have just said.
    Marami pong salamat, as usual pareng Bruce. Yup, nobody seems to want to believe about pac's injury - they're just simply in state of denial. If people ignore some vital info's in their analysis, they are naturally bound to fail. So we'll get our revenge soon for all the fun they made on us - not that I care, haha, cuz I'm always easy...

The only thing that concerns me though - it's a bit of superstition so you may laff it off if you wish pareng Bruce - is that pac's fate always seems to follow Ate Glo's fate, so naturally I'm a bit concerned with all the trouble she's going through now. Remember right after the controversial first Marquez fight, it was an equally controversial election the next day. These sort of things continued up to now... Hahaha, sige tawanan mo na ako.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    You outta be kiddin.' Soto & Guzman is nowhere in the class of Marquez, though I concede that Baby Bull could be a real tough customer and if I were pac's team, I'd avoid him until he has settled well enough in the 135 class. And of course, 'no circus match against the UK 'little giant.' Oh, ya I almost forgot, pac's good at making prime fighters turn old overnight.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    I see like always already making excuses. Anti pac is back, last time i check jmm didn't win the fight so how can you say pac couldn't beat him if neither went home with the win. If you look at each fighter after the fight, look at jmm....he looks like he suffered two strokes a few concussion and severe nerve damages. Since then who has been less defensive and has been caught way too many for a so called master boxer from lesser southpaws. Honest to god, JMM ain't been the same since that fight. Pac hasn't been in a close fight since the morales rematch and jmm was just in one against mab who pac easily beat barely trying. Yea if you think pac didn't look good why couldn't your great marco come close to beating him like he nearly beat jmm and even dropped him. What arguement do you really have other then your bias oppinion? Since when does a fighter performace poorly when he lands over 50% at a fight and easily cruise to a u.d? FAns like you are just use to seeing pac knock out his oppenent and anything less then that is a poor performance.
    Don't take that too seriously, Julius. Isn't that just one of his usual tricks just in case something goes wrong, he'd be saying pac beat another old man. Right, Mr. Game? Just asking.
    Last edited by pacfan; 02-26-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac couldnt beat Marquez so therefore I am entirely justified in the statement I made. As for lining up the excuses , its fact that Marquez is past it . 10 years ago he'd be in his pysical prime but now just like with Barrera and Morales , Pac is willing to get it on but you dont see him calling out young hungry fighters like Diaz cuz guys like that would make mincemeat of Pac .

Still nobody has been clear with how strategically Pac can possibly beat Marquez. After what we saw in the last fight I dont think its realistic that he can expect victory . Im not not bothered about the fight and couldnt care less who wins but I know it'll be Marquez cuz he is sooooo much better than Pac .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alot of Pac-man fans I guess in here anyway.I just can't see what all or your have so called seen out of Pacman these last few outings.Being dropped dosen't mean a damn thing unless you stay down.Marquez got knocked down three times and got right back up.That shows one thing
    HEART.Something that really hasn't been tested on Pacquiao do too his blazing fists.I am not putting Pac-man down I just don't know about his desire and determination in his last few.It seems he has a step or two where Marquez has looked excellent recently.If you point to Marquez being knocked down against Barrera I say look at the fight again and you can plainly see Barrera was never even in the fight.Were in the Pacquiao fight it wasn't until the championship rounds we seen who won.

Again the master counter-puncher Marquez in 10.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    Alot of Pac-man fans I guess in here anyway.I just can't see what all or your have so called seen out of Pacman these last few outings.Being dropped dosen't mean a damn thing unless you stay down.Marquez got knocked down three times and got right back up.That shows one thing
    HEART.Something that really hasn't been tested on Pacquiao do too his blazing fists.I am not putting Pac-man down I just don't know about his desire and determination in his last few.It seems he has a step or two where Marquez has looked excellent recently.If you point to Marquez being knocked down against Barrera I say look at the fight again and you can plainly see Barrera was never even in the fight.Were in the Pacquiao fight it wasn't until the championship rounds we seen who won.

Again the master counter-puncher Marquez in 10.
    ? I agree that Marquez clearly beat Barrera, didn't understand all the people who thought Barrera won but Pacquaio clearly handled Barrera, if anything easier than Marquez did. That fight was not won by Pacquaio in the championship rounds, he clearly won.

Anyway I'll go with Pac, he's improved more, added a right hand and bodywork to the guy who only threw right jabs and left hands against Marquez first time out. Marquez is still a great fighter but he's been getting hit more lately. Maybe that's only because he's been more offensive and he'll go back to a more defensive style against Pac but I'll still go with Pac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac couldnt beat Marquez so therefore I am entirely justified in the statement I made. As for lining up the excuses , its fact that Marquez is past it . 10 years ago he'd be in his pysical prime but now just like with Barrera and Morales , Pac is willing to get it on but you dont see him calling out young hungry fighters like Diaz cuz guys like that would make mincemeat of Pac .

Still nobody has been clear with how strategically Pac can possibly beat Marquez. After what we saw in the last fight I dont think its realistic that he can expect victory . Im not not bothered about the fight and couldnt care less who wins but I know it'll be Marquez cuz he is sooooo much better than Pac .
    "Marquez cuz he is sooooo much better than Pac". Okay dude, whatever. Just don't forget our bet (name change - e.g. "Owned By Pacstraightleft").

Same with you ICB (50 rep/cc).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaz did call out pac, thats true but what kind of fighter calls out a guy beow his weigt class and his fighting at a weight division he was once above? Diaz will get his fat ass whoop by pac one day he can wait his turn. Who else has called out pac other then diaz? Valero? he did call out pac a few times but always pull out and later make statements him or his camp about not being ready for pac. What else young fighter is there? Tell me game, grant us your boxing wisdom and elaborate further with your statements.

AHAHAHAHA JMM ten years ago? you didn't even know jmm ten years ago, ten years ago he would get knock the fuck out by raw 4 years ago pac that he fought the first time.

Strategically? here:

Jab, Jab, Left Staight, right hook follow up....

body movements....boom right hook counter, down goes marquez.

Speed, speed, power, stamina, size. All in favor of pac!!!!!!!!!

What does jmm have on his side? boxing skills? well we'll see how good he is against true prime pacman.

Can you answer this question game....Do you think pac was prime the first time they fought? JMM sure was.

LEts have a name changing bet men, since you don't have much rep around here I won't even bother so lets just have a name changin bet. Loser(you) will have to bare whatever winner choose for you to have. Put your ass where your mouth is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaz did call out pac, thats true but what kind of fighter calls out a guy beow his weigt class and his fighting at a weight division he was once above? Diaz will get his fat ass whoop by pac one day he can wait his turn. Who else has called out pac other then diaz? Valero? he did call out pac a few times but always pull out and later make statements him or his camp about not being ready for pac. What else young fighter is there? Tell me game, grant us your boxing wisdom and elaborate further with your statements.

AHAHAHAHA JMM ten years ago? you didn't even know jmm ten years ago, ten years ago he would get knock the fuck out by raw 4 years ago pac that he fought the first time.

Strategically? here:

Jab, Jab, Left Staight, right hook follow up....

body movements....boom right hook counter, down goes marquez.

Speed, speed, power, stamina, size. All in favor of pac!!!!!!!!!

What does jmm have on his side? boxing skills? well we'll see how good he is against true prime pacman.

Can you answer this question game....Do you think pac was prime the first time they fought? JMM sure was.

LEts have a name changing bet men, since you don't have much rep around here I won't even bother so lets just have a name changin bet. Loser(you) will have to bare whatever winner choose for you to have. Put your ass where your mouth is.
    Good posting Rain. A raw Pac floored prime JMM 3x. Now I can't wait the result of prime (present) Pac against past prime JMM.

Unfotunately, GAME can no longer do name changing bet with you or anyone else coz we already made that bet on each other.

Thread Information