Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Winner?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prime Mike Tyson VS Prime Vitali Klitschko...Winner?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson VS Prime Vitali Klitschko...Winner?

Tyson blows him away. Vitali would last a few rounds but Tyson would be relentless.

Makes me laugh how people overate Klitschko based on him losing to an old, faded and fat Lennox Lewis. Lennox in his prime would have sparked Klitschko out aswell.

Klitschko quit against Chris Byrd that says it all.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I don't like Tyson one bit and i think he is very overrated, but he takes the slow robotic Vitali to the cleaner's.
    Really surprises me that you don't like Tyson, I know that you will have watched a lot of his early fights, I can't see how you cannot be impressed? I thought he had just about everything

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    I don't like Tyson one bit and i think he is very overrated, but he takes the slow robotic Vitali to the cleaner's.
    Really surprises me that you don't like Tyson, I know that you will have watched a lot of his early fights, I can't see how you cannot be impressed? I thought he had just about everything
    I like his exciting style but i dislike him as a person and i don't like most of Tyson's fans either because they severely overrate there man. He had amazing talent once but he threw it away, my favorite Tyson fight is his two fights with Ruddock because for once he actually takes solid punches and has to dig deeper than he ever has before. And also his fight with Tyrell Biggs but one thing i didn't understand about the Biggs fight was that he actually won 1st round by sticking and moving, then he decides to stand toe to toe with Tyson for the rest of the fight ?? and then he gets battered from pillar to post that is a mystery to me why Biggs changed his tactics like that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like his exciting style but i dislike him as a person and i don't like most of Tyson's fans either because they severely overrate there man. He had amazing talent once but he threw it away, my favorite Tyson fight is his two fights with Ruddock because for once he actually takes solid punches and has to dig deeper than he ever has before. And also his fight with Tyrell Biggs but one thing i didn't understand about the Biggs fight was that he actually won 1st round by sticking and moving, then he decides to stand toe to toe with Tyson for the rest of the fight ?? and then he gets battered from pillar to post that is a mystery to me why Biggs changed his tactics like that.
    Bigss was being touted as the next big thing before the Tyson fight, but it all ended for him that night. Lost of fighters seemed to abandon their game plan against Tyson for some reason

ICB Guest

Bigss was being touted as the next big thing before the Tyson fight, but it all ended for him that night. Lost of fighters seemed to abandon their game plan against Tyson for some reason
    Tyrell Biggs was quite good he had good movement for a big Heavyweight, he even rocked Riddick Bowe and gave Bowe some problems as well and Bowe was in his prime. But he had a weak chin and his chin always let him down, similar to Carl Williams who gave an aging Larry Holmes all he could handle. Williams had very good movement like Biggs and Williams had one of the best jabs in Heavyweight history IMO. But just like Biggs he had a weak chin and that always let him down in big fights, he dropped Tommy Morrison numerous times in there wild slugfest, but yet again he lost because his chin let him down. James Tillis also had very good movement but not a strong chin and suspect stamina, but for that one night against Tyson his chin seemed solid and his stamina was pretty good as well. Most of the 80s Heavyweights had talent like Witherspoon, Tucker, Tubbs, Page, etc. But they either ruined themselves or they didn't quite have the chin to beat the elite Heavyweights.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That reason was Tyson. If they could they would have boxed and move, but Tyson would not let them. He cut the ring and with his head movement he got in the inside of fighter and gut them like fish. Actually a beautiful boxer when executing his punches and combinations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like Vitali,a much better man than his pussy of a brother... but 80`s Tyson wouldve scared him shytless and beat him up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali by ko
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali Klitschko would not know what hit him. 80s Tyson by TKO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, totally agree 80s Tyson would def. dominate Vlad, nodoubt winner by KO... Mike Tyson
    Last edited by wbcheavywieght; 04-24-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wbcheavywieght View Post
    Yep, totally agree 80s Tyson would def. dominate Vlad, nodoubt winner by KO... Mike Tyson

Welcome to the site mate

This thread is about Vitali, not Vlad

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does not matter he would beat both brothers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I Think Tyson Would Have Given Any Heavyweight Trouble In His Prime Just A Shame He Didnt Have It In The Head, Wot He Could Of Been If Only He Had Teddy Atlas In His Corner As A Pro.tyson Would Have Eaten V.klitschko Up Like Pac Man
    He Would Have Been To Quick For The Bigger Slower Man And
    Thrown Punches To The Head And Body With Power In Both Hands It Is Easier To Throw Punches Up Hill So I Dont Think The Hight Factor Should Come Into It As Most Of Tysons Oppenont Were Bigger Than Him I Like To Think The Tyson Upper Cut Might Have Been The Final Blow To Stop Klitschko Tyson Beat Better Fighters Than Klitschko Styles Make Fights And I Think Klitschko Had A Style Tyson Would Have Loved Also Pinklon Thomas Had A Better Jab Than Klitschko
    Thats For Sure, And Look Wot Tyson Did To Him.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Does not matter he would beat both brothers!
    Agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive gone for vitali by KO...possibly through 7/8

guy has never been stopped and has been in the trenches early on, on plenty of occasions.

Tyson would win any contest early on, hell he could of knocked out ali within a round in his prime as his power and presence was just that devestating.

But in vitali you have a clever opponent who would know that to just spend rounds 1-3 avoiding tyson would be pointless.

He would make the fight very scrappy early on, naturally take some big right hands from tyson all the while avoiding any uppercuts. By 4-5 he would be completely in the trenches with mike getting the better of the fight with his ability to paw his jab and by 7-8 tyson would be completely out of steam and i suspect vitali would have him out of there by 10!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Thread Information