Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Winner?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prime Mike Tyson VS Prime Vitali Klitschko...Winner?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson VS Prime Vitali Klitschko...Winner?

Quote Originally Posted by ichatfilipina View Post
    Mike Tyson KO todo Knock Out
    You are mental....Vitali has done nothing but dominate the heavyweight division. Added to which he has the perfect style to befuddle and beat Mike Tyson any day any time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Of course everyone will hate me for it but I say Vitali by KO.

Vitali was hard for LENNOX LEWIS to hit square due to his awkward lean back style. You have to figure Tyson with his short arms, short reach, and affinity for nailing people in the head would have trouble with Vitali's low guard and leaning back to avoid punches.

On offense Vitali is a monster, he has a decent jab, great right cross, and good upper cut. He also KO'd all but one of his opponents

he siad in their prime, cmon brother, tyson was the best in his day no doubt, tyson would KO him early rounds no question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, I am fully cognizant that I'm going to take some heat for this one, but I'll begin with the question....
    Who did Mike Tyson ever beat?
    His biggest wins were against a Light-Heavyweight who hadn't been fighting regularly for a number of years in Michael Spinks, a victory over a faded, very faded Larry Holmes, Two victories over Razor Ruddock, who went on to lose to anyone of substance, and two victories over Frank Bruno.....and along with that a collection of has been WBA retreads who traded the alphabet titles through the eighties while Holmes was champion, and capped it off with an easy victory over Buster Douglas.....oh no, wait....he was crushed by Douglas over the ten rounds.

The majority of his opponents had already soiled themselves before the opening bell, and fought that way. Trevor Berbick went down from a powerful breeze.......

Having said all that, if he hit Klitzchko solid it might have been different, but we are talking Vitali here, and he has the better chin, and the riskier style.....but, and Tyson NEVER showed this.....Vitali has toughness. Yes, there was the loss to Byrd when he was destroying him....but Vitali has more than made up for that, especially against Lennox Lewis.

When we look at the top Heavyweights from 1980 to 2005, I would argue that Tyson really isn't in the top four, or maybe five....
    My list would be.......never mind, I'll start a new thread......

Vitali by late round TKO, after Tyson tried to foul his way out of the fight.....

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peak Tyson would not use that many fouls, just the forearm, a bit of elbow, punching on the blind side of the ref. Nothing major
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    First off, I am fully cognizant that I'm going to take some heat for this one, but I'll begin with the question....
    His biggest wins were against a Light-Heavyweight who hadn't been fighting regularly for a number of years in Michael Spinks, a victory over a faded, very faded Larry Holmes, Two victories over Razor Ruddock, who went on to lose to anyone of substance, and two victories over Frank Bruno.....and along with that a collection of has been WBA retreads who traded the alphabet titles through the eighties while Holmes was champion, and capped it off with an easy victory over Buster Douglas.....oh no, wait....he was crushed by Douglas over the ten rounds.

The majority of his opponents had already soiled themselves before the opening bell, and fought that way. Trevor Berbick went down from a powerful breeze.......

Having said all that, if he hit Klitzchko solid it might have been different, but we are talking Vitali here, and he has the better chin, and the riskier style.....but, and Tyson NEVER showed this.....Vitali has toughness. Yes, there was the loss to Byrd when he was destroying him....but Vitali has more than made up for that, especially against Lennox Lewis.

When we look at the top Heavyweights from 1980 to 2005, I would argue that Tyson really isn't in the top four, or maybe five....

Vitali by late round TKO, after Tyson tried to foul his way out of the fight.....
    You've just rubbished Tyson's opposition and sure it wasn't the strongest in history but was it worse than Vitali's?

Vitali defended the title against Danny Williams - hardly the stuff of Legends. Then Vitali fought back pain for a few years.
    Danny Williams wouldn't have beat Bruno. I forgot Vitali also beat Herbie Hide (several years after Bowe spanked him).
    Vitali also defended his WBO strap against Ed Mahone and Obed Sullivan who are hardly better opponents than the people Tyson defended against.

Throw in him quitting against Chris Byrd - the same man destroyed by Ike Ibeabuchi 1 year earlier. Then a Prime Vitali can't beat a 38 year old, heaviest in his career Lennox Lewis.

They do have a common opponent in Jose Ribalta who Vitali beat alot quicker....12 years after Tyson had done the job.

Yet you think he can beat a Prime Mike Tyson. Shocking.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm the only one that has gone for Tyson by decision. I don't think he would've KOed him, but I think he would've busted him up and won a UD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Prime Mike Tyson VS Prime Vitali Klitschko...Winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post

i can understand what you are saying, but dont discard spinks for one minuet back in the 80's spinx was the perfect example of the word "ATHELETE" fare enough it was a match weight fight but he could hit hard, like i always say tyson was a baby in the heavyweight ranks back then the MEN he fought had years of world title experience and where pro long before tyson, he fought the best of that time, as for douglas fight WHAT A JOKE tyson won the fight in the early rounds but promotion and event was fixed becasue people wanted to see him fail, he had a reputation and douglas was the next best thing, problem was he could never deliver like tyson could, thats why he lost his title soon after. the count was a second or two too slow, if you watch the fight you clearly see Don King screaming at the bell man to call it, douglas was a bum he was a one hit wonder, his hit was "BEATING" tyson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali would go down as every other opponent does. Tyson's style fits perfectly with Klitschko's. He was made to destroy taller opponents. I don't even doubt in the slighest Tyson would beat Vitali. I would think a KO but I'm not quite sure. Tyson is a beast... Vitali couldn't take mike's power punches, look he quit with Chris Byrd. He would need to be TOUGH to stand up to Tyson. But even if Vitali could keep coming, Tyson's defense is rock solid. I doubt he could do anything. By the way, this is the young tyson right? The old one... I'd bet my money on Vitali... maybe.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Well Spinks was a light heavyweight....Vitali has never been knocked down.

Tyson liked to flurry and go to the body some and Vitali's style just doesn't fit for that kind of fight. Certain fighters gave Tyson hell, the tall fighters who can box, take a shot, and have the ability to win on points.

Vitali was a killer
    Vitali by KO
    Agree... VItali is more solid than Tyson and easily as powerful with a bigger range and more weight. Most of Tyson's opponents lost because they were terrorize before the match even started. Not Vitali. Plus the guy is wayy too smart for a slugger blender like Tyson, he would keep him at bay with his hard jab, wait till Tyson run out of gaz (i.e around the fifth) or et enraged because it doesn't go his way and hammer him around the tenth. Also, Lewis did grind down Tyson and normally, Vitali should have won against Lewis, I think it says a lot. So, personally, I say Vitali K.O 9-10
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Well Spinks was a light heavyweight....Vitali has never been knocked down.

Tyson liked to flurry and go to the body some and Vitali's style just doesn't fit for that kind of fight. Certain fighters gave Tyson hell, the tall fighters who can box, take a shot, and have the ability to win on points.

Vitali was a killer
    Vitali by KO
    Agree... VItali is more solid than Tyson and easily as powerful with a bigger range and more weight. Most of Tyson's opponents lost because they were terrorize before the match even started. Not Vitali. Plus the guy is wayy too smart for a slugger blender like Tyson, he would keep him at bay with his hard jab, wait till Tyson run out of gaz (i.e around the fifth) or et enraged because it doesn't go his way and hammer him around the tenth. Also, Lewis did grind down Tyson and normally, Vitali should have won against Lewis, I think it says a lot. So, personally, I say Vitali K.O 9-10
    I think thats what all of Tyson's opponents thought "ill keep him away with my hard jab.....hes short i got height advantage...He'll run out of gas sooner or later" But Tyson moved his head alot so jabs almost didnt affect him. and although he did run out of gas all it took was one shot and its light out for you.
    Its true Lewis did beat him and Vitali would MAYBE have beat him but as they say styles make fights.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime Tyson would KO prime Vitali and Wlad.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel "Chubby" Medina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Vitali by KO
    I think thats what all of Tyson's opponents thought "ill keep him away with my hard jab.....hes short i got height advantage...He'll run out of gas sooner or later" But Tyson moved his head alot so jabs almost didnt affect him. and although he did run out of gas all it took was one shot and its light out for you.
    Its true Lewis did beat him and Vitali would MAYBE have beat him but as they say styles make fights.
    Peoples at the beginning didn't realize that Tyson was fading out after the fifth, it got discovered a bit later I would say. Also, Vitali has a jab a lot heavier than most of Tyson's opponent... and more range, enough to landf a hook or something if Tyson close in. Thus said, I agree that styles make fights, perhaps I am wrong but that's all the beauty of fantasy, we can say what we think and speculate over it
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you joking? tyson would have killed vitali in his prime, tyson was fast and powerful people say he was the best or one of the best heavyweights in the sport and your pitting him up against vitali comon.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont even have to read the topic, Tyson will KO him hands down...we are talking prime here and Vitali isnt even a good fighter the people that voted Vitali are obviously just plain Tyson haters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike will eat Vitali's ear off!!! LOL

Thread Information