Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Winner?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Prime Mike Tyson VS Prime Vitali Klitschko...Winner?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson VS Prime Vitali Klitschko...Winner?

tyson by ud. once vitali tastes tyson's power he'll be on defensive mode and iron mike would have a difficult time finding the big tall man's chin.

El Kabong Guest

Vitali would take him...perfect style to fight Tyson. He's tall, doesn't get hit to the body, he's awkward, strong, powerful, and has a great 1-2 and perfect uppercut to beat Tyson.

Prime Tyson had trouble with tall fighters who could jab and could take a punch and even more trouble with those guys who could punch back....Douglas and Lewis.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Vitali would take him...perfect style to fight Tyson. He's tall, doesn't get hit to the body, he's awkward, strong, powerful, and has a great 1-2 and perfect uppercut to beat Tyson.

Prime Tyson had trouble with tall fighters who could jab and could take a punch and even more trouble with those guys who could punch back....Douglas and Lewis.
    prime Tyson would have beaten Lewis and Douglas.

Vitali is too slow and robotic to even trouble Iron Mike.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Tyson had a little trouble with Tony Tucker and I think Vitali is faaaaaar more dangerous than Tucker was.

At no point in tim ewould Tyson have beaten Lennox Lewis or Evander Holyfield.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson had a little trouble with Tony Tucker and I think Vitali is faaaaaar more dangerous than Tucker was.

Tucker landed an uppercut in the first, you could count on one hand how many good shots that got through to Tyson. The same period that he beat Tucker he would have beaten prime Lewis or any version of Holyfield.

El Kabong Guest

Even in his prime Tyson got tied up easily....Tucker did more than land just one punch in the first round.

Vitali is a very sturdy fighter, I just don't see Tyson hurting him as Vitali has very seldom been hurt before only Sanders and Lennox Lewis have hurt him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Tucker landed an uppercut in the first, you could count on one hand how many good shots that got through to Tyson. The same period that he beat Tucker he would have beaten prime Lewis or any version of Holyfield.
    i agree, imo the tyson before d'amato's death is unbeatable.

El Kabong Guest

...and what all-time great fighter did Tyson destroy pre-1985 (Cus died November 4, 1985) to deserve such high praises from you guys?

Yes Tyson was an awesome fighter but he is a human, he had more power than Floyd Patterson and a better chin too, but he was not without his flaws and he most certainly was not unbeatable.

Vitali Klitschko isn't unbeatable either but looking at his record the only times he has lost have been due to injury (Shoulder vs Chris Byrd and Cuts vs Lennox Lewis). I just think the skill Vitali has at being able to stay in his range while being out of his opponent's range coupled with his chin and punching power make him a very tough fighter for Mike Tyson to beat. I am not saying Tyson could never have done it, I am just saying it would be extremely difficult for him....6'7-6'8 vs 5'10.....245 vs 218-220...Vitali could keep Tyson at the end of his jab and if Tyson connected there is no reason to believe that Vitali would be hurt OR that Tyson would be able to follow up as nobody has done that to Vitali thusfar in his career.

It is an interesting fight to think about though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson by WIDE UD. Vitali's tough, but way too robotical and without skills, no one is beating a prime Tyson, no one.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...and what all-time great fighter did Tyson destroy pre-1985 (Cus died November 4, 1985) to deserve such high praises from you guys?

Yes Tyson was an awesome fighter but he is a human, he had more power than Floyd Patterson and a better chin too, but he was not without his flaws and he most certainly was not unbeatable.

Vitali Klitschko isn't unbeatable either but looking at his record the only times he has lost have been due to injury (Shoulder vs Chris Byrd and Cuts vs Lennox Lewis). I just think the skill Vitali has at being able to stay in his range while being out of his opponent's range coupled with his chin and punching power make him a very tough fighter for Mike Tyson to beat. I am not saying Tyson could never have done it, I am just saying it would be extremely difficult for him....6'7-6'8 vs 5'10.....245 vs 218-220...Vitali could keep Tyson at the end of his jab and if Tyson connected there is no reason to believe that Vitali would be hurt OR that Tyson would be able to follow up as nobody has done that to Vitali thusfar in his career.

It is an interesting fight to think about though
    I go with Lyle on that one, Tyson struggled against tall fighters with a good jab. Vitali's jab not only good but it is powered by a killer piston. Another thing comes to my mind: Vitali's probably the best heavyweight when it comes to adapt himself, Merchant stated it, Dan Raphael and I think I can even recall Russ Anber stating how Vitali wasn't only strong and tall but was also very good to adapt himself, the guy's not only a killer machine, he's fuck** damn smart too, which Tyson ain't. I think that Vitali would only frustrate Tyson in the end, frustrated, he would go all gun ho as we've seen it so often only to get into the "robot''s gear and get mashed in the long run... especially because Tyson tends to lose a lot of juice after the fifth. Don't get me wrong, Tyson was a monster, a real one, but styles make fight and Tyson would only be super suited for Vitali.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tyson by ko in like 4. cus d'amato/kevin rooney made him the fighter he was, peek a boo style would have killed vitaly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mike tyson by KO4

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I go with Vitali by UD or late KO. Tyson always had trouble with guys 6'4" and taller. He looked ordinary against Bonecrusher, Buster Douglas, Tony Tucker, Mitch Green, etc.

And another thing Vitali isn't a blownup HW like Michael Spinks with a questionable chin at the division.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He won easily against against Bonecrusher, Buster Douglas, Tony Tucker, Mitch Green, Tyrell Biggs ect

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    I go with Vitali by UD or late KO. Tyson always had trouble with guys 6'4" and taller. He looked ordinary against Bonecrusher, Buster Douglas, Tony Tucker, Mitch Green, etc.

And another thing Vitali isn't a blownup HW like Michael Spinks with a questionable chin at the division.
    Mike Tyson destroyed Carl Williams, Tyrell Biggs, who were both 6'5. I don't think he struggled with any of those fighters you listed above. Well obviously with Buster Douglas but were on about the mid 80's late 80's Mike Tyson.

Bonecrusher Smith just looked to survive, Mike Tyson won 12 rounds to 0 how is that struggling ? Mitch Green was no different and lost every round. If your opponent is scared and is looking to survive that isn't struggling.

Tony Tucker was a good Heavyweight in his prime, and actually gave Lennox Lewis a few problems when he was past his prime. Again apart from some of the early rounds, it was still a clear UD win 8-4 or 9-3, again that isn't really struggling.

Thread Information