Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Cotto/Gomez - Margarito/Cintron press conference - Pics included

Cotto, Gomez fight announced!

Undefeated WBA welterweight world champion Miguel Cotto and Contenders’ star Alfonso Gomez pose during today's press conference in New York City to officially announce their April 12 clash at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City and telecast on HBO's World Championship Boxing.
    Monday, February 25 2008
    Fightnews.com

Poor Alfonso, I don't think he as any idea what he has gotten himself into. He actually thinks that he is going to knock Cotto out. Talk about delusional. Alfonso does have heart, and I'm sure he'll make a go of it for a short time, but Cotto is going to destroy him.

Here's a few more pics I just found.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto/Gomez - Margarito/Cintron press conference - Pics included

I just found some quotes from the press conference.

411mania.com: Sports - Gomez-Cotto Presser

"At this point of my career all my fights are important," stressed Cotto. "I don't care if I'm the favorite or not, all I know is that I'm coming to win. I expect to train a hundred percent and I'm going out of the ring the same way I came up into the ring: as the world champion.....I had a great 2007 and I want an even better 2008."

------------------------------------

"I know I'll be hungrier than Cotto," stated Gomez. "Cotto has made millions of dollars in the ring. He has been a world champion for a long time. I know he has hunger, but not like mine. When I first started boxing, I visiualized myself standing at a podium like I am today, talking about fighting for a world title. Cotto is a great, strong champion. He hits very hard to the body, but I'll be more hungrier and I will beat him. I'll be announced as the world champion on April 12th!"

-------------------------------------

Also on hand was a passionate IBF welterweight champion Kermit Cintron (29-1, 27 KOs), who is already chomping on the bit for his rematch with Antonio Margarito. "I've been waiting a long time to get my hands back on Margarito. Emanuel Steward and I are working on my game plans. Margarito gave me my only loss and I will get it back on April 12th!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rep for the pics. I like that one of Cotto playing Nintendo DS with his son.

Didn't Margarito show up?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez The Killer View Post
    Rep for the pics. I like that one of Cotto playing Nintendo DS with his son.

Thanks for the rep. Have some back.

I like the same pic as well, it is my fav of those shown.

No Margarito wasn't there.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Found a few more pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nice 1 for the pics rep up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers for the pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its nice to see a press conference where everyones in good spirits and theres no foul mouthing................... with all the crap talk thats gone on in recent press days its a breath of fresh air to see well mannered professional behaviour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well at least Gomez will get paid well for the sure beating he will take

As far as Cintron, I am so looking forward to watching Tony beat him back to the Stone Age and hopefully running him out of the game. I'm going to feel really silly if Cintron ko's Margarito. Man will I take some heat if that happens

Good pics Diane
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Huh? Lol
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NUCLEAR BULL View Post
    its nice to see a press conference where everyones in good spirits and theres no foul mouthing................... with all the crap talk thats gone on in recent press days its a breath of fresh air to see well mannered professional behaviour

I completely agree!!! It was the same way when Cotto and Mosley were doing the press tour thing.

That is one of the many reasons why I love Cotto so much, he doesn't have to resort to shit talking, and acting like an immature spoiled brat, like some fighters we know. Cotto lets his fists do his talking in the ring, like it should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DGs_Diane View Post
    Cotto, Gomez fight announced!

Undefeated WBA welterweight world champion Miguel Cotto and Contenders’ star Alfonso Gomez pose during today's press conference in New York City to officially announce their April 12 clash at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City and telecast on HBO's World Championship Boxing.
    Monday, February 25 2008
    Fightnews.com

Poor Alfonso, I don't think he as any idea what he has gotten himself into. He actually thinks that he is going to knock Cotto out. Talk about delusional. Alfonso does have heart, and I'm sure he'll make a go of it for a short time, but Cotto is going to destroy him.

Here's a few more pics I just found.

Hey DGs DIANE good pics. Gomez impress Fear ......

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Well at least Gomez will get paid well for the sure beating he will take

As far as Cintron, I am so looking forward to watching Tony beat him back to the Stone Age and hopefully running him out of the game. I'm going to feel really silly if Cintron ko's Margarito. Man will I take some heat if that happens

Good pics Diane
    Gomez is going to need a good payday in order to pay for the plastic surgery he will probably have to have done on his face.

Same with me on Cintron, I hope Tony beats him just as bad as last time. Cintron deserves it for crying like a baby after his fight with Feliciano.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez The Killer View Post
    Rep for the pics. I like that one of Cotto
    Just another example of his lack of footspeed.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really not starting to like all these comments of how easy it will be for Cotto and what not.

Any fighter with the right mind set, will, heart and determination. Sprinkle a little bit of luck and you've got yourself an animal in the ring regardless of name, record etc. etc.

I'm predicting a Cotto TKO, but I think Gomez is gonna Uuuuh! and Ahhhh! us before he goes down.

Thread Information