11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile De La Hoya/Forbes Press Conference Quotes & Pics

DE LA HOYA VS FORBES PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES

RICHARD SCHAEFER, CEO GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS

"Oscar made it happen that he will be fighting at the Home Depot Center in front of all of these fans. He could have been paid much more and it's really a tribute to all the fans and Oscar made that happen. And on behalf of the fans, I want to personally thank you Oscar for doing this for the fans.

"We are going to have food stations, live entertainment in between bouts, new field boxes, for special VIPs, a great night and an unbelievable night of boxing.

"Tickets go on sale a week from today and they are expecting sellout.
    Oscar fights always sellout and this will be no different. Also tickets start at $25. When was the last time someone could see an Oscar de la Hoya fight for $25.

"The fans are going to have a ball. Going back to what it is all about and this is Oscar's gift to the fans."

JEFF WALD

"This is part of a long history for Oscar, one the last great superstars in boxing.

"We're here in Hollywood, and actually now Stevie just got his own Oscar"

STEVE FORBES

"Today's my birthday and what a great present. My last two fights have been with Golden Boy and they have treated me like a Champion the entire time.

"I considered myself a hardcore boxing fans fighter and since the beginning of my career, I was taken in my the Mayweathers and they taught me everything I know. Even though I will now be on the other side of the ring from Floyd SR, who I think of like an uncle, but I will have Roger in my corner so there is still a part of the Mayweather family, who knows everything about boxing.

"I want to thank Oscar for giving me a shot. He could have picked a million guys for this fight and he picked me. I don't consider myself as the "tune-up" opponent and I will be in the best shape of my life and prepared to win. This is a dream come true and I am going to take the opportunity, relish it and be a winner May 3rd.

"I am going to fight hard and WIN"

FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR

"First of all, there will be no poems today as I really like and respect Stevie Forbes.

"More importantly, it's a great feeling to be back with Oscar. I am excited to be able to add to his great legacy. It's strange to be against one of my former pupils and I was with him for a long time. I was with him when he won the world title. But now I have a job to do and that is to help Oscar win another big fight so he can has the opportunity to rematch my son in September."

OSCAR DE LA HOYA

"Always I want to thank the media first and everyone that is here today. It is an honor to be here, and it just feels like a culmination of years of hard work, dedication and all the fights I have had. Now I am back home and part of this great event.

"I feel as though it's Steve Forbes who is giving me the opportunity. He might be from the Contender but actually I am a contender now. I am not a champion so I am coming to fight as hard as I can.

"I am not going to fall for the "tune-up" talk either. I've been down that road before and so I look at this fight as one of the most serious fights of my career.

"Floyd Sr. is back and it feels good and comfortable to have him with me. The way we prepare together is key to my success. There is no doubt about that either. We are going to train in Big Bear, train there, back to where it started too. The whole team is going there to get ready.

"I am going to fight three times this year and I feel I have to go back to hard work, dedication, and to re-organize myself. Everything is riding on this and I am totally preparing myself for the schedule ahead. It all starts here.

"Of course I want to give back and we are fighting here at Home Depot Stadium, 32,000 fans cheering us on and cheering on and supporting the sport of boxing. There are 20,000 seats @ $75 or less. I decided that that is how it was going to be. I want all the fans to enjoy themselves and this isn't about the money for me. It is about giving back.
    "Giving back is what it's all about for that weekend"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: De La Hoya/Forbes Press Conference Quotes & Pics

"Of course I want to give back and we are fighting here at Home Depot Stadium, 32,000 fans cheering us on and cheering on and supporting the sport of boxing. There are 20,000 seats @ $75 or less. I decided that that is how it was going to be. I want all the fans to enjoy themselves and this isn't about the money for me. It is about giving back.
    "Giving back is what it's all about for that weekend"

My language skills are limited to English mainly, but loosely translated from Greenish, here is what he actually said:

"Of course I want to make money, but to make money I have to give a little bit to fool everyone into thinking that I care for the fans. Mayweather is demanding that since I am coming off a loss, that i have to spark their interest again by acting like the people's champ. Mayweather is my green ticket so I will do what he asks and will beat up on this small pudgy guy to appease him. I could make 20,000 seats at $1000 each, but being the great guy that I am, I will let them go at a bargain basement price of $75.
    "Giving back a bit now will earn me another big payday soon, and that is what it is all about"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This feels more like the Mafia don Sending one of his associates In for the sacrifice. Glad to see he's reeping rewards but with respect to Forbes this is a bridge too far Vs.The Diva Oscar.
    Great pic's Diane.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How cynical of you Dean....surely you realise that ODLH has other guys earning the big pay days for him these days. Going out into the ring and fighting is just like a cheap way of getting a gym membership for him these days. $$$$$$$$ in is after all cheaper than £24.95 to Fitness First.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it has been a year of justice so far in sports

it would be a huge justice for ODH to lose this fight

for ODH mayweather 2 to be prevented would be a great thing, theyd probably go through with it even if ODH got KTFO tho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone else think this is a little f'ed up with promoter fighting one of his fighters? In my mind it puts to much doubt on the legitimacy of the fight. They could be rehearsing right now for all I know...(ok we gonna make this a FoTY, and I'm gonna k.o. you in the last minute of the 12th)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Anyone else think this is a little f'ed up with promoter fighting one of his fighters? In my mind it puts to much doubt on the legitimacy of the fight. They could be rehearsing right now for all I know...(ok we gonna make this a FoTY, and I'm gonna k.o. you in the last minute of the 12th)
    Well technically, Forbes is promoted by TOC. TOC has just worked with Golden Boy to get Steve, and some other fighters on some Golden Boy cards.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really? I thought he was GBP's , then it's not too bad but I still think Oscar shouldn't be allowed to fight someone he's promoting. Are there rules about that sort of thing, because he has alot of fighters?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really? I thought he was GBP's , then it's not too bad but I still think Oscar shouldn't be allowed to fight someone he's promoting. Are there rules about that sort of thing, because he has alot of fighters?
    Can You say...Conflict of Interest? To many chef's in the kitchen over at GBP

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, Steve signed with TOC during his Contender stint, although based upon some of his past interviews, I get the feeling that once his contract is up, he won't be signing with them again.

Not sure if there are any rules about promoters fighting their own fighters though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's some video's from the press conference.

Press Conference Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-wqK2yXPjM

Press Conference Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyTaN0cHcjw

De La Hoya Roundtable Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhpo_NTLK5E

Forbes Roundtable Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B1Wdq4XuUQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it would amazing if forbes won

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow man cheers for the info bit of a weird fight for me steves just 2 small for Oscar, although 2 pounds looks to have put on a few pounds.

Thread Information