Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *Billy Collins Jr vs. Luis Resto* Full Fight!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default *Billy Collins Jr vs. Luis Resto* Full Fight!!!

Alright, this has been a LOOOOOOONG talked about fight. Theirs been a couple of threads here in regards to the fight.

This fight between Billy Collins Jr and Luis Resto is IMO one the worst acts of cowardness ever to happen in a ring. I know a lot of you have asked where you can see the fight and asked for footage. I myself couldn't do it as to be honest I've never seen the fight and I own it as part of my collection. Well someone has uploaded it to YouTube and I came across the fight just now.

WARNING!!! Let it be known that what you will witness is BRUTAL and can really have some type of effect WARNING!!!!

As I've said in the past I don't watch these kind of fights I also have Pintor vs. Owen, Paret vs. Griffith III among others...... I refuse to watch them.

Well then you've been warned.

I've only seen the ending of the fight as I was told about how Billy Sr. notices something funny with Restos gloves...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgpXhCML6ak

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: *Billy Collins Jr vs. Luis Resto* Full Fight!!!

Hope you guys don't mind me bumping this one....
    Just incase anyone missed it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just read up on the fight and i guess its the one where lewis tampered with the gloves...how the hell did lewis only get one year in jail Shit like this needs to be punished much more harshly...and I really have no desire seeing this fight I never wish to see anyone hurt in the ring permanently, and to know a trainer and a fighter conspired to do this here is just sickening.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Piece of shite Panama Lewis should be rotting in jail.Hard to watch in hindsight but Thanks for putting it up Mick.Did Resto actually know what lewis did...?Guess he had to feel the difference right?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I've seen this fight before Mick, truly disgusting sportsmanship. To only get a year in jail is unbelievable!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I just read up on the fight and i guess its the one where lewis tampered with the gloves...how the hell did lewis only get one year in jail Shit like this needs to be punished much more harshly...and I really have no desire seeing this fight I never wish to see anyone hurt in the ring permanently, and to know a trainer and a fighter conspired to do this here is just sickening.
    I agree.... How in the hell does he only do 1 yr. in jail?
    Panama & Luis will rot in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Piece of shite Panama Lewis should be rotting in jail.Hard to watch in hindsight but Thanks for putting it up Mick.Did Resto actually know what lewis did...?Guess he had to feel the difference right?
    Yes, Spicoli.
    Resto was aware of the tampering with the glove that's why he also served time in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Yeah I've seen this fight before Mick, truly disgusting sportsmanship. To only get a year in jail is unbelievable!
    I agree Galaxy this shit! is sickening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....couldn't even watch it.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

ICB Guest

I watched this as a little kid my Grandad taped this fight it was truly sickening to watch. I just watched it recently again and i couldn't watch it all it truly was disgusting. The rumor has it Collins Jr committed suicide because he was going to go blind he was only 22 what a shame. What is amazing to me though is how Collins Jr took them punches flush he must of been one of the hardest boxers i've ever seen, he had a lot of talent and could of gone quite far IMO. If i remember right Collins Jr said in between rounds to his corner that something wern't right he felt like he was getting hit with a brick, truly disgraceful act by Lewis and Resto.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know If I should watch it.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    It is brutal i would advise not to, i watched it once when i was little kid and it was disgusting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still have yet to see it... Nor do I want to. I hate Lewis with the intensity of 1000 suns and hope Resto rots in hell. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Rest in peace, Billy! Take solise in knowing you'll never see these men again as the place they're going isn't anywhere near you.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think more then anything it's knowing now what is going on as the fight is happenig.

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    I still have yet to see it... Nor do I want to. I hate Lewis with the intensity of 1000 suns and hope Resto rots in hell. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Rest in peace, Billy! Take solise in knowing you'll never see these men again as the place they're going isn't anywhere near you.
    I'm with you man...

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    ....couldn't even watch it.
    I know what you mean.

Thanks to all of you for the comments...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I think more then anything it's knowing now what is going on as the fight is happenig.

This is exactly why I can't watch it... It is litterally bringing tears to my eyes typing about it.

Here you have Resto who served a scentence that someone who steals money out of a cash register at the gas station they work at gets. He's "suffering" so much... Must be nice to be able to suffer cuz someone else is dead due to his actions.

Now you have Lewis... "Banned" for life. this is the most amazing thing to me. He can still train fighters... He can still go to fights. I don't care if it's the US or not. He's still been to fights in the US. I could smell this piece of shit 4 miles away... and he's still been to fights in NY. WHAT?!?!

He says he's suffered... His father passed away while he was in jail... To bad! He suffered a heart attack... Well, IMO the attack didn't attack hard enough!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No doubt; I am debating on whether to view this travesty or not. I have always wanted to see it; but now that the chance is here I just don't know. Pretty sick, twisted sh#t is that

Thanks though Mick; good of you to post it.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a few days ago it came out that not only were the gloves fucked with but the handwraps were done with plaster

Boxing News 24 hours/day -- the #1 resource in boxing -- following Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray, Oscar De La Hoya and all your boxing favorites

Resto admits loaded handwraps!
    Former welterweight fighter Luis Resto admitted today at a press conference in New York City that he not only battered "Irish" Billy Collins Jr. for ten rounds with padding-removed gloves, but that his knuckles were pre-cast with tape soaked in plaster of Paris - before the hollowed gloves were placed over his fists. Resto, along with his trainer Panama Lewis, were both convicted, incarcerated for 30 months, and received a lifetime ban from boxing. The brutally-beaten Collins quickly fell into a downward spiral and died in a car accident nine months later. An attorney for Collins' widow Andrea Collins-Nile today filed a motion in Federal District Court to reopen the previous case against the State of New York. That case, alleging "gross and wanton dereliction of duty, breach of contract, assault and battery, conspiracy, fraud, and negligence of the commission" for failing to detect the doctored gloves was dismissed in 1994. With Resto's revelation today that his handwraps were also tampered with, something the NYSAC should have detected, Collins' family believes the original judgment would have been different. Resto's admission came to help promote a new film titled "Cornered," which documents the scandal.

Thread Information