Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Calzaghe: "I wont repeat Hatton mistakes! "

He has promised not to make the same mistakes as Ricky Hatton in his Las Vegas super-fight with Bernard Hopkins.

Calzaghe is continuing to train in familiar surroundings in Wales before jetting out to the United States a fortnight before the April 19 showdown.

Excitement is building both here and in the States over Calzaghe’s American adventure, but the Welshman insists that keeping his cool in the Nevada desert will be the key to victory.

And that is something Hatton spectacularly failed to do ahead of his ill-fated December date with Floyd Mayweather, the Mancunian clearly too hyped up at the weigh-in before thousands of his travelling fans.

“Perhaps it got to Hatton a bit but you’ve got to keep your discipline and stay cool, calm and collected,” said Calzaghe....

read more http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_ ... =2008&m=03

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe: "I wont repeat Hatton mistakes! "

I'm actually looking forward to the weigh in almost as much as the fight, Hopkins is definetly going to try and get in his head and make him uncomfortable... I wonder how many UK fans will make the trip this time though... Anyone have any idea how many tickets have been sold overseas etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    He has promised not to make the same mistakes as Ricky Hatton in his Las Vegas super-fight with Bernard Hopkins.

Calzaghe is continuing to train in familiar surroundings in Wales before jetting out to the United States a fortnight before the April 19 showdown.

Excitement is building both here and in the States over Calzaghe’s American adventure, but the Welshman insists that keeping his cool in the Nevada desert will be the key to victory.

And that is something Hatton spectacularly failed to do ahead of his ill-fated December date with Floyd Mayweather, the Mancunian clearly too hyped up at the weigh-in before thousands of his travelling fans.

“Perhaps it got to Hatton a bit but you’ve got to keep your discipline and stay cool, calm and collected,” said Calzaghe....

read more http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_ ... =2008&m=03
    And here I thought Hatton lost because he matched up with a superior opponent. Learned something new...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It doesn't matter if Calzaghe repeats Hatton's mistake. He's still losing the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got my tickets carnt wait for the fight, weight in should be fun to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he also mentioned FRANK BRUNO, NAZZIM HAMED and BARRY McGUIAGAN........... truth is HATTON lost to the p4p no1, FRANK was beaten by TYSON when mike was in his prime and even naz ( who i really disliked ) was beat by a prime barerra

joes fighting a semi retired, past his best 43 year old hopkins....its hardly the same. the others were all mostly big underdogs to win in the first place were as calzaghe is the big favorite, all the others entered the lions den, took a big risk.........that takes courage, good old joes only taking this fight due to hopkins being a lesser version of himself at 43 so he should stay away from putting his name amung those brave gladitors who willing took on better fighters then themselfs

also once again joes interview is full of his " i've been champion for over 10 years, i'm undefeated, i've had big fights before etc etc etc............. someone should write him some new interview materail

i hope now he gets royaly beaten and shuts up........ hes got no buisness useing national heros defeats as a cheap build up for himself, how many fights has he had where you looked and said " oh god, thats goner be a real tough one.......joe may get hurt in there ". when hatton fought alot of people said mayweather will be to big, to fast and to good for him, when BRUNO fought tyson we all knew he was in big truble. joes always taken things in his comfort zone

just stuck to your same old boring line and dont mention your name in the same breath as the other braver men who fought in vegas from the uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruno lost wat before he got in the ring ,he was like a scared cat on way to the ring!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will Sky be doing a 'Joe' documentary before the fight.
    The ITV ones were comedy:
    'Look at that', says Joe as he points across the field, 'fresh air'.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get the feeling that Galzaghe and Hatton do not get on. They have made negative comments in the past about each other implying they were the best of British. I was surprised that Joe was allowed at the Hatton weigh in, I bet Hatton will not be there for the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually want Hopkins to win coz I wanna see Slappers "0" go but I see him beating Hopkins. I hope I'm wrong even with a shit ass sig from VD I want Hopkins to win and I'll be rooting for Bernard on the night.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    I actually want Hopkins to win coz I wanna see Slappers "0" go but I see him beating Hopkins. I hope I'm wrong even with a shit ass sig from VD I want Hopkins to win and I'll be rooting for Bernard on the night.
    Better make room for Two of those Sig's Lefty, Remember ..... Guess I need to come up with a more potent Sig......Hmmmm

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im still surprised that Hopkins signed up for this. I can only assume its for the final paycheck. Calzaghe is gonna make him look old, lazy and slow. Hopkins was faded against Winky IMO and looked less than stellar in his final fights at MW. Calzaghe is still throwing 1000 punches at 36 and not looking too bad for it...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    I'm still waiting for you live up to your bet, boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe as much as i hope you do not go out there and make stupid mistakes....a 42 year old Bernard Hopkins is far from a prime and at his physical peak PBF. However, you cannot get careless and get wound up by certain aspects of BH game. Good luck out there....i sense youll need it!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Im still surprised that Hopkins signed up for this. I can only assume its for the final paycheck. Calzaghe is gonna make him look old, lazy and slow. Hopkins was faded against Winky IMO and looked less than stellar in his final fights at MW. Calzaghe is still throwing 1000 punches at 36 and not looking too bad for it...
    There is no way Hopkins took this fight for the paycheck. Absolutely NO way, he'd never take a fight he didn't believe he could win. Calzaghe also doesn't represent some mega payday, plus Hopkins could have fought far lesser fighters for a good one. I think Hopkins has to see something in Calzaghe he can exploit big time. The fact is he already has no problem with southpaws, and his right hand should serve as if nothing else an equalizer to Calzaghe's workrate. It doesn't matter if Joe throws 1000 punches against Jeff Lacy or Sakio Bika, he's not going to be that active against Hopkins, I'd bet my life on it. You can't be, Hopkins is too smart to get hit with so many flurries or intimidated by workrate alone. I do agree Hop is hard pressed to win this fight, but I think no matter what happens he is going to land some great right hands that will slow Calzaghe down. I expect Bernard to adopt the role of the puncher, moreso than he has done in almost any of his fights. Hopkin's has looked to have been slipping lately, but Calzaghe has still never fought anyone nearly as crafty, and I think he is really vulnerable to straight right's, especially counter's.

Thread Information