Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Clinton Woods Vs Tarver outcome!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Clinton Woods Vs Tarver outcome!!!

Hi U.K boxings fans.Have any of you's got a idea what the outcome of the up and coming bout between Clinton Woods Vs Traver fight will be?How do you think the fight will dominate,who do you think will have the advantage and if so why?Im a great fan of Woods.I think he has the full package as a really good boxer.I like and feel he fights greater when he doubles up on his punches as well as him applying the great old 1-2s.Theres no dought that he has the power either...Great right hand!He has really improved after each fight from the pass couple of bouts.I think he'll be too good for Tarver and i see him taking to the canvass in round 8-9.
    Would like him to fight Roy Jones jnr for a rematch?or would you like to see him have a good old domestic fight with Joe Calzaghe?
    Both fights could easily happen!!!
    Last edited by yvonne; 04-03-2008 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Clinton Woods Vs Tarver outcome!!!

Hey Yvonne,
    I think that Tarver is the unknown Quantity in this fight. He's looked verd lethargic lately and many have accused him of getting old.
    Of course this may be true, but it's also a possibility that his lay off and subsequent weight gain during the filming of "Rocky Balboa" has played a part in this.
    If Tarver shows up motivated and in shape, he's a handful.
    His reputation as a puncher is overestimated, the stoppage of Jones was good, but Jones could have been knocked cold by even Vinny pAZ, had a blow landed on his head the way Tarver did. Of course no blow thrown with intent in boxing is a fluke.

Woods is the much more reliable fighter. He trains diligently and in every fight he arrives in condition, looking to add to his "w" column.
    Woods is technically sound and although not a recognised puncher has enough power to demand respect.
    A solid fighter, with a much more solid mentality than Tarver, Clinton has to be the favourite.

Clinton should grind out the win, if he tries to bully Tarver early. Tarvers will is easily broken. We all saw in the Hopkins fightnthe great intentions he came out with in the sixth. These rebellious feelings were easily quelled when Hopkins roughed him up on the inside.
    Clinton needs to bully Tarver early, who is essentially a bully himself and will back down when he cant impose his will on the opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright they mate!Some good points there on the Woods Vs Tarver bout.How do you feel about a Woods Vs Jones rematch?It's a great possibility for it happen again soon.I've even heard that Roy Jones would jump to the chance on fighting Woods again.I think if their do get it on again that Woods will have a better chance of winning the fight with Jones 2nd time around.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

woods by majority points
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon Woods will be fitter, stronger and more motivated than Tarver, who hasn't impressed at all in recent outings, and might even get the KO later on as he wears Tarver down.

There isn't much love for Tarver on this board from most fight fans, and I hate to say it but in this case its probably deserved. Bad fights against Bernard Hopkins and uninspiring against Muriqi and Santiago more recently have seen his stock drift downward, and the "Rocky Balboa" fiasco hasn't done him any favours either.

As for Woods, assuming he gets past Tarver, I'd love to see him go against Calzaghe, because although Calzaghe's going up against Hopkins, I think he'll be wanting to become a two-weight world champ before retiring.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could've sworn I replied a second time to this thread before!

I'll mention it again. Traver is like Zab, it depends which Tarver shows up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi their U.K boxing fans.How did you think our Sheffeild man"Clinton Woods" do against Tarver this mornig?I was impressed the way Tarver was fighting.I thought he really done well!He clearly dominated the fight.What gets me though is why would'nt Wood dodging and weaving on the way in on Tarver?Woods was walking in too face on,that he was getting clocked!I was a bit frustrated when Woods was putting his foot down then he'd quickly revert to backing off again and again and again throughout the fight.If he just kept on pushing Tarver into the rops and corner and let loose on Tarver he would of he a change to change the outcome of the bout.I like Woods.Im a fan of him....i just feel that he could of do alot better.Taver though was really good considering his last night!
    It looks like we wont see a good domestic bust up with Woods Vs Calzaghe,if Calzaghe beats Hopkins.....DAMM
    Last edited by yvonne; 04-14-2008 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As usual I got it bang on in this thread....Woods cruised his way through and battered the inferior Tarver sorry, I mean pass me another portion of humble pie.

Woods was fairly competitive for the first four or five in the early rounds, but in the second half he was dismantled, then totally ineffective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was gutted to see Woods be beating by Tarver.I did'nt think T arver had it in him in the run up to the bout.Mind you i fought Tarver fought really affective.He was alot better from his last fight.I was a bit frustrated with the way Woods was fighting.I can understand why he just did'nt go through the gears.For me,he seem to go into 1st then 2nd gear then go back into nautral.He kept walking in on Taver too straight on.There was'nt enough head movement on the way in as well as on the way out from Wood.I've always like Woods it's just ashame that he did'nt fight his fight that night!
    I've just heard that Woods is now thinking of calling it a day in the sport of boxingAfter he lost his IBF title to Tarver he has mention he might retire.Im hoping he continues for 2or3 more bouts.Will him and Calzaghe still have that domestic bout??What do you think?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you Box with your hands up above your shoulders waiting to get hit, you get Hit. Hands above ears you cant punch back elbows are not where they should be for response, end off.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the fans who missed the Woods Vs Tarver fight it repeated now on Setante Sports2 at 5pm today!Just thought i well you's know.

Thread Information