Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GUYS V.S. GIRLS

Or maybe they're like me... some would call me a chauvanist but I consider myself a gentleman. Aside from fighting for my life, I don't think I could find it in me to really unload on a woman. Even if I decided to get in the ring and spar with her, in the back of my mind, I would never be able to hit her like I would hit a man.

I think if a guy wants to spar with a lady that's fine, but he needs to let her set the pace. If you're not hitting her harder than she's hitting you, she should be fine. But the fact of the matter is that guys are naturally much stronger than women (of course there are exceptions) and you could seriously hurt a woman if you hit her too hard. As bad as it would be to get beat by a woman, I'd think it be worse to be known as the guy that beats up girls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B
    Or maybe they're like me... some would call me a chauvanist but I consider myself a gentleman. Aside from fighting for my life, I don't think I could find it in me to really unload on a woman. Even if I decided to get in the ring and spar with her, in the back of my mind, I would never be able to hit her like I would hit a man.

I think if a guy wants to spar with a lady that's fine, but he needs to let her set the pace. If you're not hitting her harder than she's hitting you, she should be fine. But the fact of the matter is that guys are naturally much stronger than women (of course there are exceptions) and you could seriously hurt a woman if you hit her too hard. As bad as it would be to get beat by a woman, I'd think it be worse to be known as the guy that beats up girls.Â
    perhaps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats a valid point, cool klik 4 that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't mean to be picky but how are we supposed to improve if we 'set the pace'? Surely the best sparring session you've had are with lads that are better than you but you've picked out there weak spots (in the midst of taking some heavy blows) and improved under pressure? jxx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well ive only had 4 sessions, so i wouldnt really no and as ive said b4 in a ring i expect to get hit, simple as, i aint gonna go cry if i hurt myself, i took up a sport which involves gettin hurt so i have to expect that but what he did say has some points i agree with jade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah
    well ive only had 4 sessions, so i wouldnt really no and as ive said b4 in a ring i expect to get hit, simple as, i aint gonna go cry if i hurt myself, i took up a sport which involves gettin hurt so i have to expect that but what he did say has some points i agree with jade.
    how would you feel sparring with a 13 year old, fragile looking girl?
    that kinda puts it into perspective for me. i weight 200lb for gods sake, there arent many people bulky like me, and fighting a girl would be like fighting somone much younger and weaker than you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went and sparred with the girl again yesterday but i just treated her as if she was a guy, i put a devestating hook into her right side and cracked one her ribs. But she didn't seem all that made after she stoped screaming in my ear. Any ways i solved 2 problems, now i know i only have to block everything and throw slapes at girls and i don't even have to worrie bout that cuz she not gonna be sparring for a while any ways

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you're an arse. Simple thing to do is hit some ape low when he's trying to bully you, not so tough now.

BTW this thread is over duw to some folk trying to be smartarses. Shame as there have been some good suggestions as how to handle this because not all guys are experienced enough to know how to deal with this situation there has been some total BS.

Maybe I've been lucky in the gyms I've found myself going to so I haven't had to deal with too much BS, but when I have I earn their respect wit either by taking whatever they throw or because I can hit hard for a fem and they don't expect that- but how people conduct themselves in the gym comes from the top and if your trainer is a shithouse you can bet some of the boxers will be to.

Thread Information