Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Tony Beats Cotto...it doesn't mean Cotto can't beat Floyd....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Tony Beats Cotto...it doesn't mean Cotto can't beat Floyd....

I'm saying this now JUST in case it happens so remember this. I saw Mick mention it and I was going to make a thread about it anyway. Say Tony beats Cotto,I don't want all the Floyd nuthuggers who have gone into hiding to come here and say Cotto was over rated blah blah blah. Styles make fights. Just because Tony may beat Cotto, does not mean Floyd would be able to beat him easily too.NO WAY.

I think Tony beats Cotto but I also think Cotto does better against Floyd. Timing and composure plus best jab in boxing would give Floyd a HEART ATTACK. So don't get it twisted. Cotto is still Floyd's toughest fight out there by far.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Tony Beats Cotto...it doesn't mean Cotto can't beat Floyd....

You wont get the chance to find out. Cotto wont get the Floyd fight if he loses to Tony.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo View Post
    I'm saying this now JUST in case it happens so remember this. I saw Mick mention it and I was going to make a thread about it anyway. Say Tony beats Cotto,I don't want all the Floyd nuthuggers who have gone into hiding to come here and say Cotto was over rated blah blah blah. Styles make fights. Just because Tony may beat Cotto, does not mean Floyd would be able to beat him easily too.NO WAY.

I think Tony beats Cotto but I also think Cotto does better against Floyd. Timing and composure plus best jab in boxing would give Floyd a HEART ATTACK. So don't get it twisted. Cotto is still Floyd's toughest fight out there by far.
    Gamo, normally I'd agree with you 100% about the whole "styles make fights" thing, but in this case I have to disagree.

If Cotto is a true superstar elite fighter (which I think he is), then he must beat a fighter like Margarito. And if he can't beat a fighter of Margarito's level, I don't see how he beats a fighter of Mayweather's level, regardless of style matchups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well , i going say that Cotto , Margarito and Mayweather have different styles , probably we will see Cotto/Margaro with the same style and one of them could get a real KO , but if we see Cotto/Mayweather we will going see probably a UD , because Floyd obviously going outbox Cotto , but i will see cotto by UD because we know that Cotto can box with whoever in his front too and Floyd/Margaro we will going see a UD by Floyd , we know that Margaro don't have boxing and is slow , he will going put pressure , but with frustration , so i mean if Cotto lose with Margaro it doesn't mean that he don't have a chance to defeat Floyd , we cant analyse this just by Level of them because they for me are in the same Level , we can add a features of them to see how probably they have for win to ones of his opponents too.......That's what i guess..........
    Last edited by Macho; 04-16-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather beats them all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    You wont get the chance to find out. Cotto wont get the Floyd fight if he loses to Tony.
    I agree with both of these,I think Tony will beat Cotto,but I give Cotto just as much chance as Tony against Floyd,I think both would give him a decent fight (I dont see either beating him though) Doubt Cotto will get near Floyd if he loses 2 Tony tbh!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by piye View Post
    Mayweather beats them all.
    not a popular opinion but i agree, but cotto i belive would have a much better chance.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post

Gamo, normally I'd agree with you 100% about the whole "styles make fights" thing, but in this case I have to disagree.

If Cotto is a true superstar elite fighter (which I think he is), then he must beat a fighter like Margarito. And if he can't beat a fighter of Margarito's level, I don't see how he beats a fighter of Mayweather's level, regardless of style matchups.

Why is everyone hating on Tony so much? I agree that he's slower and in a sense more one dimensional but, the guy bangs! Tell me if either fighter (Floyd or Cotto) can do what is necessary to beat Marg. and if you dont know what that is ask PW, it would only take just over 1000 punches in the fight to beat Marg...niether Cotto nor Floyd have that work rate. Floyd is slick and he's quicker so thats an easier fight for him but Cotto isnt that quick and he doesnt like to run and niether have faced a puncher like Cotto period. Marg. is the hardest puncher in the ww division. Not Oscar, Zab, Mayorga, Mosley, or anyone else in that division is the puncher that Marg. is, if he was such an easy fight he would not have been the most avoided fighter in boxing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't get me wrong if anyone has a chance of beating Mayweather it's Cotto but I pick Mayweather to beat both of them.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Cotto has a better chance but I would prefer any of these two to fight and test Mayweather than ODH and Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THIS IS A FRESH NEWS GUYS.............................................
    Well Cotto is Ready for get Rest at least now.............
    " Was an exhaustion year , after of Christmas Vacation , i could train more focus and peaceful for Gomez......
    " Now i know that another extremely and hard fights comes for me , i will be in rest for the next 2 or 3 weeks that fallow and then start again to the Gym "........For get ready to that fight that all people want see , i guaranties that going be a tremendous fight ".........commented Cotto in an interview in P.R.........

Last edited by Macho; 04-16-2008 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On the contrary, are the Cotto nuthuggers now scared that he will lose? LOL. Floyd beats them both, but in all fairness, styles have alot to do with fights, and Cotto would pose more of a threat to Floyd than Tony, even if he loses to Tony. I can't see Tony beating Floyd ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    Why is everyone hating on Tony so much? I agree that he's slower and in a sense more one dimensional but, the guy bangs!
    Who's hating on him? All I said was that he's not an elite superstar. Is that hating?

Tell me if either fighter (Floyd or Cotto) can do what is necessary to beat Marg. and if you dont know what that is ask PW, it would only take just over 1000 punches in the fight to beat Marg...niether Cotto nor Floyd have that work rate.
    It takes over 1000 punches to beat Margarito if you're a fighter like Paul Williams, who doesn't have much power and doesn't know how to make his opponent miss. Floyd wouldn't need Williams' workrate because he would know how to make Margarito miss, and Cotto doesn't need Williams' workrate because his punches are much harder and sharper.

Floyd is slick and he's quicker so thats an easier fight for him but Cotto isnt that quick and he doesnt like to run and niether have faced a puncher like Cotto period.
    I don't know what this sentence means.

Marg. is the hardest puncher in the ww division.
    No he's not. He's the most active puncher in the welterweight division. Big difference.

Not Oscar, Zab, Mayorga, Mosley, or anyone else in that division is the puncher that Marg. is,
    Both Cotto and Cintron punch harder than Margarito.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OnixAA
    Why is everyone hating on Tony so much? I agree that he's slower and in a sense more one dimensional but, the guy bangs!

Who's hating on him? All I said was that he's not an elite superstar. Is that hating?

what constitues an ellit fighter Rank, record, opponents faced

Quote:
    Tell me if either fighter (Floyd or Cotto) can do what is necessary to beat Marg. and if you dont know what that is ask PW, it would only take just over 1000 punches in the fight to beat Marg...niether Cotto nor Floyd have that work rate.
    It takes over 1000 punches to beat Margarito if you're a fighter like Paul Williams, who doesn't have much power and doesn't know how to make his opponent miss. Floyd wouldn't need Williams' workrate because he would know how to make Margarito miss, and Cotto doesn't need Williams' workrate because his punches are much harder and sharper.

I would agree with you there but if Cotto and Cintron have the same punch power, Cotto is going to need to work alittle bit more, because Marg. walked through Cintrons punches.

Quote:
    Floyd is slick and he's quicker so thats an easier fight for him but Cotto isnt that quick and he doesnt like to run and niether have faced a puncher like Cotto period.
    I don't know what this sentence means.

I mean to say a puncher like Marg.

Quote:
    Marg. is the hardest puncher in the ww division.
    No he's not. He's the most active puncher in the welterweight division. Big difference.

Quote:
    Not Oscar, Zab, Mayorga, Mosley, or anyone else in that division is the puncher that Marg. is,
    Both Cotto and Cintron punch harder than Margarito.

Again if Cintron and Cotto have anywhere near the same punch power, Cotto is in deep doodoo. Besides I know for sure that Cintron is not as strong as Marg. Cotto maybe but he wont KO Marg.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is all about $$$...hence...he will most likely never fight Tony. If Tony upsets Cotto and makes it clear he is the man at WW....there might be a small chance he will get a fight with Mayweather...but i doubt it. Tony isn't a superstar and he doesn't have a huge fan base. Cotto is the rising superstar and he does have a huge fan base. That being said, i think Tony would be way over his head fighting Floyd. And as good a fighter as Cotto is...i can't see him beating Floyd either. Sure, Cotto has an excellent jab (and a jab is key to having success against Floyd). But he doesn't have great speed and is still open to getting hit. It would be a good fight no doubt. But Floyd is still to slick and fast for him.
    Last edited by zhubin; 04-16-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Thread Information