Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Whoever was compubox recorded was retarded

First it was a close fight, I felt B-Hop won that fight personally, but even Enzo Calzaghe going into the 12th knew it was a close fight. That being said I think its criminal how many punches compubox credited Joe.. I didn't even see him land 100 punches with real effectiveness. I mean I saw Joe landed good crisp punches against Kessler, but he didn't land that many against B-HOp, and I thought some of the rounds they were crediting him with 25 landed punches when I saw him MAYBE land 5 or 6... it was ridiculous. Both guys fought great, but B-Hop really exposed how limited technically Calzaghe is compared to the great, and that he isn't the greatest athlete a lot of people credit him with being. I see this fight like Dawson-Johnson... it was a close fight that could have gone either way, but I felt one guy was landing the far better punches, and using much better defense and ring generalship. A younger B-Hop might have even stopped Calzaghe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whoever was compubox recorded was retarded

Compubox is misleading because it leads you to believe that every connected punch was a clean punch, in reality a pitter pat punch counts the same as a clean shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How does the compubox work anyway?.. WTF is it?.. Cuz obviously it's not accurate.

Does it compute the fight in 4 different angles?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Compubox is almost always wrong, those are way off. Gatti apparently landed like 50 punches in six rounds against Floyd.

To be fair it must be a really difficult thing to do especially with quick handed fighters.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    First it was a close fight, I felt B-Hop won that fight personally, but even Enzo Calzaghe going into the 12th knew it was a close fight. That being said I think its criminal how many punches compubox credited Joe.. I didn't even see him land 100 punches with real effectiveness. I mean I saw Joe landed good crisp punches against Kessler, but he didn't land that many against B-HOp, and I thought some of the rounds they were crediting him with 25 landed punches when I saw him MAYBE land 5 or 6... it was ridiculous. Both guys fought great, but B-Hop really exposed how limited technically Calzaghe is compared to the great, and that he isn't the greatest athlete a lot of people credit him with being. I see this fight like Dawson-Johnson... it was a close fight that could have gone either way, but I felt one guy was landing the far better punches, and using much better defense and ring generalship. A younger B-Hop might have even stopped Calzaghe.
    Totally agree Taeth i've been saying that all day that Compubox was inaccurate, most of Calzaghe's punches were pitter patter and most of the punches were landing on the arms and gloves. Hopkins landed the much more effective and harder blows. I scored it 114-113 for Hopkins.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never take them dumboboxes seriously, they count almost anything as hits even when a punch hits the gloves. Better ignore them and consign them to junkshops.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Totally agree Taeth i've been saying that all day that Compubox was inaccurate, most of Calzaghe's punches were pitter patter and most of the punches were landing on the arms and gloves. Hopkins landed the much more effective and harder blows. I scored it 114-113 for Hopkins.
    At least he was throwing some

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It used to be more accurate, but lately I've found it very misleading
    Mayweather only landing 39% against Hatton, but he landed 57% of his power shots againt ODLH? Mayweather clearly landed at a higher frequency against Hatton, He was having troubles hitting ODLH at some points.

THere was also fights like Cotto-Mosely where I thought Cotto landed quite a few more punches than Mosley did, or a lot of WInky fights have his opponents landing a lot more than they did, like against Jermain Taylor, then against B-HOp I felt Bernard landed more than he was credited for against Wright. Roy JOnes Jr-Trinidad, I have no idea how they saw Trinidad landing anywhere near as many punches as Roy even early in that fight.

These guys are way off... I like that they have the punches recorded it was especially good when I first started watching boxing, but the more I watch the more I realize these stats are misleading in a lot of fights, but on the otherside sometimes they are pretty accurate which makes it hard to cross reference from one fight to another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

when i saw the punch stats a felt there must be something wrong because i'm sure calzaghe never landed nor threw that many shots, they get thses wrong sometimes..... i watched jirov v toney again not long ago and they completly got it wrong to the point jim lampley said half way threw reading them that these ststs are wrong will have to double check, just reading them the man could see there not right

whts happened has happened now, joe got the nod.........i gave it to hopkins myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    How does the compubox work anyway?.. WTF is it?.. Cuz obviously it's not accurate.

I sat behing the guy doing the compu box at a fight before. It's somebody with a playstation controller hitting buttons to track the punches. Ever since I've seen that I put zero credence into it. Let's face it you can trust your own eyes with what's going on.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Compubox is a false indicator and misleading Imo.If They want to count punches to determine who is winning....do it in an Amatuer/olympics match where Three judges have to hit a button within under a second of each other for it to count.And don't they sit on different sides of the ring...like judges..Thats the last I heard anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well without compubox there isn't much hope for Calzaghe because I felt in almost every round the two or three punches Hopkins landed did more damage and landed clearner than anything Calzaghe would throw in the whole round.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post

I sat behing the guy doing the compu box at a fight before. It's somebody with a playstation controller hitting buttons to track the punches. Ever since I've seen that I put zero credence into it. Let's face it you can trust your own eyes with what's going on.
    So it's done by humans afterall, the same guys I guess, no different than those judges and referees. So much for the 'compu' thing.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Compubox is the name of a computerized punches scoring system run by two operators. Compubox is used in boxing matches across the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm assuming they look something like this...

Wow! That is so freakin' high-tech. lol!

Thread Information