Thread: Oscar de la Hoya Vs Steve Forbes Predictions, rd by rd and Results ETC

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar de la Hoya Vs Steve Forbes Predictions, rd by rd and Results ETC

Oscar de la Hoya Vs Steve Forbes pub thread.

OK not a massive fight compared to Calzaghe, Hopkins affair but gonna make another free for all sticky topic to post picks results multi round by rounds anyone can chip in or watever you like.

again just treat this thread like your at the pub with your mates
    will kick it off with the weigh in results and photos...

RED CORNER BLUE CORNER

MAIN EVENT - JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHTS - 12 ROUNDS

Oscar DE LA HOYA vs. Steve FORBES
    Los Angeles, CA Portland, OR
    38-5 (30 KO’s) 33-5 (9 KO’s)
    Weight: 150 lbs. Weight: 150 lbs.

JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHTS - 10 ROUNDS

Victor ORTIZ vs. Dairo ESALAS
    Oxnard, CA Miami, FL
    20-1-1 (15 KO’s) 31-12 (25 KO’s)
    Weight: 144 lbs Weight: 142 lbs

JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHTS - 6 ROUNDS

Danny Oscar GARCIA vs. Manuel BOCANEGRA
    Philadelphia, PA Ciudad Juarez, MEX
    5-0 (5 KO’s) 8-8-1 (5 KO’s)
    Weight: 144 lbs Weight: 142 lbs

MIDDLEWEIGHTS - 4 ROUNDS

Daniel JACOBS vs. Jose PEñA
    Brooklyn, NY Kansas City, MO
    5-0 (5 KO’s) 2-2-1 (2 KO’s)
    Weight: 163.75 lbs Weight: 159 lbs

SWING BOUT - JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHTS - 4 ROUNDS

Javier CASTRO vs. Julio GAMBOA
    Ciudad Juarez, MEX Managua, NIC
    15-1 (13 KO’s) 26-12-2 (16 KO’s)
    Weight: 141.5 lbs Weight: 139.5 lbs

PHOTO CREDIT: Tom Hogan/Golden Boy Promotions
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Saddo; 05-02-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar de la Hoya Vs Steve Forbes Predictions, rd by rd and Results ETC

JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHTS - 4 ROUNDS

Hector SANCHEZ vs. Arthur BRAMBILA

San Juan, PR Phoenix, AZ

12-0 (5 KO’s) 9-12 (4 KO’s)

Weight: 141 lbs Weight: 141 lbs

WELTERWEIGHTS - 8 ROUNDS

Freddy CURIEL vs. Sven PARIS
    Vernon, NJ Frosinone, ITA
    18-6-2 (8 KO’s) 23-3 (16 KO’s)
    Weight: 151 lbs Weight: 151 lbs

LIGHTWEIGHTS - 8 ROUNDS

Wes FERGUSON vs. Miguel MUNGUIA
    Las Vegas, NV Mexico City, MEX
    17-3-1 (5 KO’s) 16-11-1 (13 KO’s)
    Weight: 135 lbs Weight: 135 lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar de la Hoya Vs Steve Forbes Predictions, rd by rd and Results ETC

DLH by UD- IMO he will do his best not to KO Forbes...Especially since this is to make DLH get another W since it has been a while and Forbes is a GBP fighter...

Ortiz KO

Garcia KO

Jacobs KO

Castro Dec

Sanchez by dec

Paris by Dec

Manguia by Dec

See everyone on the thread tommorow night...Reps to all that attend
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 05-02-2008 at 11:35 PM.
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will do a RBR in this thread hopefully we get some of that undercard action somewhere, maybe Setanta shows it. Hopefully anyways.

Oscar KO 5

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL DAXX

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Will do a RBR in this thread hopefully we get some of that undercard action somewhere, maybe Setanta shows it. Hopefully anyways.

Oscar KO 5
    Good stuff mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Supposedly the 27,000 seat arena is close to a sellout, so should be a good-sized crowd?

Any members attending? Mick?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ODLH - 4th round KO

Ortiz - 6th round KO

Garcia - UD

Jacobs - 2nd round KO

Castro - 4th round KO

Sanchez - UD

Curiel - UD

Munguia - KO

Pretty much everything has been said already about ODLH - Forbes, looks like most of the night is a showcase for the red corner, I gotta go with Ferguson to lose, Cherry exposed his chin badly in the last fight and while he is trying to be a slick fighter, his defense is not nearly tight enough to protect it. Does PBF still promote for Ferguson?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this tomorrow or next Saturday?

De La Hoya late TKO

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tomorrow

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have nothing but respect for Forbes but Can Oscar really be proud of this one??My head says The Diva gets a 8th round TKO from the corner,My heart would like Forbes to turn the Plotted future for Mayweather Vs. DeLahoya on its pompous head and Forbes to out hustle/maneuver Him over 12...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    I have nothing but respect for Forbes but Can Oscar really be proud of this one??My head says The Diva gets a 8th round TKO from the corner,My heart would like Forbes to turn the Plotted future for Mayweather Vs. DeLahoya on its pompous head and Forbes to out hustle/maneuver Him over 12...
    You think Forbes can Cory Spinks his way to a win or at least a close decision? I think that would be hilarious if that happened and that would take all the steam away from DLH - PBF II. But Oscar the promoter and the fighter, I bet the ring is the size of a California King size bed. I don't think it matters anyways though but hey, this is one time I wouldn't mind to be dead wrong somehow.

I do think though that if De La Hoya is dominant and more dominant then expected, that people will warm up this fight with Mayweather. Meaning if he goes out and you feel bad for Steve Forbes at the end of 5 rounds then Oscar has done a good job. If he comes out looking like a monster then this rematch takes on a lot more interest. We all knew Cotto was going to beat Gomez but when he absolutely demolished Gomez and then toyed with him, it made us think who would get in the ring with him. Oscar did that with Mayorga, he had a meanstreak in him he did against Chavez too.

If De La Hoya tries to outbox Forbes and possibly drag it to decision, I won't be impressed and in that case I hope he does somehow get outhustled. However, if he comes out with a meanstreak from the first round and pounds Two Pounds into the ground I think a lot of people would be impressed and think again he has the chance to beat Mayweather.
    Last edited by amat; 05-03-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar will smash Forbes to pieces. I'm thinking 3 rounds.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know I think I'm overthinking this by even thinking it will go late in the fight. Forbes was a good solid 130-135 pounder. He's got skills, I like him but he's too small (hate to be oversimplistic but if you can't beat Grady Brewer...)and Oscar's just better anyway.

Will be over before 6 rounds.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    You think Forbes can Cory Spinks his way to a win or at least a close decision? I think that would be hilarious if that happened and that would take all the steam away from DLH - PBF II. But Oscar the promoter and the fighter, I bet the ring is the size of a California King size bed. I don't think it matters anyways though but hey, this is one time I wouldn't mind to be dead wrong somehow.

I do think though that if De La Hoya is dominant and more dominant then expected, that people will warm up this fight with Mayweather. Meaning if he goes out and you feel bad for Steve Forbes at the end of 5 rounds then Oscar has done a good job. If he comes out looking like a monster then this rematch takes on a lot more interest. We all knew Cotto was going to beat Gomez but when he absolutely demolished Gomez and then toyed with him, it made us think who would get in the ring with him. Oscar did that with Mayorga, he had a meanstreak in him he did against Chavez too.

If De La Hoya tries to outbox Forbes and possibly drag it to decision, I won't be impressed and in that case I hope he does somehow get outhustled. However, if he comes out with a meanstreak from the first round and pounds Two Pounds into the ground I think a lot of people would be impressed and think again he has the chance to beat Mayweather.
    Good point on Spinks.I'll tell you in all honesty,call me crazy but I can see a scenario were Forbes puts it all together and relies on The hustle/busy Factor.I definatley DO NOT think It will Happen like that but This would be monumental and a huge let down set up scenario,straight out of Hollywood I think Forbes will be pushed to earn respect from Oscar and unlike Spinks in many cases,Stevie will let his moxie and heart get the better of his Being boxing smart.I can in no way or manner see his punches effecting Oscar save for a cut or a one in a hundred temple shot.I can not help but think of an inside mob job here,not to question Forbes Or Oscars professional integrity but can you imagine the possible Unseen back lash on Forbes if he pulled this off??Just speculating out loud but Things might get tough as far as Future promotions and career In general......"How dare you one up the Don" Now you sleep with the fishes Lol.

Agree big time...I do think the best thing Oscar could do is end it early and with little doubt.I think most expect it ,a re-tooling fight to get him back on track with Momentum carrying into Mayweather Rematch.Oscar runs the risk of negativity big time the longer it goes,catches a few too many,A cut,Looks slow against a capable speed guy in Forbes,Gets KD but Can not finish it.The worst thing I belive would be a Wiiiiide descision over 12.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 05-03-2008 at 04:44 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wont be there.... Can you believe they wanted 650 dlls. for Ringside seats to that?

I've had the great fortune to have seen ODLH fight in person, so I passed on this fight here.

Here are my picks....

ODLH TKO
    Ortiz TKO
    Garcia TKO
    Jacobs TKO
    Castro TKO
    Sanchez UD
    Paris UD
    Wes UD

Thread Information