Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Collazo vs. Berto

What do you guys think?

I think this would be a relatively even match-up at this stage of both of their careers, Collazo only has a bad record IMO because he stepped up much earlier than Berto.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Collazo vs. Berto

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    What do you guys think?

I think this would be a relatively even match-up at this stage of both of their careers, Collazo only has a bad record IMO because he stepped up much earlier than Berto.
    Killersheep you read my mind the last few days i have been saying Berto needs to fight someone like Collazo, who isn't top Welterweight but is good enough to test him then we can see what kind of level Berto is at. Not really sure how Berto will deal with Collazo's slickness but Collazo isn't big puncher plus his out put is very low as well which will hurt him against Berto. I think Collazo will give Berto fits for about 4 rounds but once Berto starts to really lay down the pressure Collazo won't be able to cope IMO, and i can actually see Berto stopping Collazo late on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo is very under rated, the Hatton fight could have gone his way and he was injured during the Molsey fight, he is a former World Champ who has won and defended the WBA Belt, albeit against not the toughest out there, he has been stopped once in his career but he will certainly give Berto a great fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Off the top.......I think Collazo,Boxing in peak form could Beat Berto.Berto would have to make it a facefirst Issue.He has shown Niiice hand speed power in last couple (Berto) and could hurt Collazo Early but needs to develope some gears to live at top teir Imo.Collazo needs to find some activity level.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was shocked that Hatton could not walk down Collazo like Rivera was able to do for a good portion of his bout with Collazo. Collazo had the faster feet versus Hatton and that kept him out of a lot of trouble imo. Collazo is a good boxer just has no punching power and he can't fight on the reverse which is where I think Berto would have him. He would give him some problems with his slickness and accuracy but would eventually be run down imo. I know it was a long time ago but Rivera gave Collazo hell on the ropes which is where I think they would end up. Would definitely favor Berto here.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Berto by late stoppage. I see his power being the difference.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to go with Berto too, I think it would be a good match-up & Collazo would cause some problems but I think Berto would start to overwhelm Luis at the later stages.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo by stoppage.

He pretty much beat up Hatton and he was doing fine with Mosely until he broke his hand.

I can see him frustrating Berto and taking him out late on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I was shocked that Hatton could not walk down Collazo like Rivera was able to do for a good portion of his bout with Collazo. Collazo had the faster feet versus Hatton and that kept him out of a lot of trouble imo. Collazo is a good boxer just has no punching power and he can't fight on the reverse which is where I think Berto would have him. He would give him some problems with his slickness and accuracy but would eventually be run down imo. I know it was a long time ago but Rivera gave Collazo hell on the ropes which is where I think they would end up. Would definitely favor Berto here.

Ive always put that down to motivation.. The hatton fight was bigger.. he had the motivation.. He was in tip top shape.. he had the rivera, gonzalez fights behind him title fight experience.. it was his defense.. he wasnt the challenger and he fought like the champ..

I actually cant believe people are writing off collazo against berto..

Honestly it takes 5 - 8 rounds til collazo breaks him down and stops him..

He's slick.. good chin.. Berto would make it close.. that little bit faster but collazo is that little bit slicker.. better counter puncher.. and for 3 rounds you'd see them both punching off eachothers punches.. and nothing in the rounds.. then collazo's work to the body would start to break berto down..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Off the top.......I think Collazo,Boxing in peak form could Beat Berto.Berto would have to make it a facefirst Issue.He has shown Niiice hand speed power in last couple (Berto) and could hurt Collazo Early but needs to develope some gears to live at top teir Imo.Collazo needs to find some activity level.
    i totally agree with that ..

Lou needs to start fighting more often..

Where he's at now.. hes having a bit of a shit time.. Cos hes been at this top level.. and he wants to fight often.. but against the right competition.. he doesnt want these bums and nobody is fighting him..

He fought the hatton fight and the sugar shane fight.. and he needs to be back in the mix..

He had the fight with clottey all set up.. Clottey pulls out.

He was sposed to fight on the undercard of tito - jones against jorge linares' brother.. linares pulled out with an injury i think..

So he fights the dos santos barros guy at short notice for barros and shuts him out.. real skillful performance btw

.. And barros isnt any sort of contender but hes a pretty good guy.. he was one of cotto's chief sparring partners for the malignaggi fight and hes had some good experiance better then his record would sujest
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geezus Christ!... People are underrating Collazo... If you people think Berto is stopping Collazo you're out of your mind...

Hope this helps
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is a perfect test for Berto. I also would like to see him in with Josh Clottey. That would be a great action fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post
    That is a perfect test for Berto. I also would like to see him in with Josh Clottey. That would be a great action fight.

And clottey beats him up with his leaky defense... You guys have to much faith in this untested fighter
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont get me wrong berto is real good right now and hes really up and coming but i dont even think josh clottey is any good for him right now either.. He bangs to hard in my opinion..

This is the problem for a prospect at welterweight.. there really arent enough fights for them.. Its all MEN LOL No boys.. Im half joking there but you can see what i mean.. to stick berto in with anyone witha title would be pretty harsh..

I mean the biggest and best fights for him right now are still fights with guys like julio (Although is he doing his 154 thing now?).. Or even an undercard fight with alfonso gomez..

Im not even sure i would stick him in with Quintana.. I would say thats a sweet fight for him before this last williams fight.. but now man.. i see carlos stopping a bro..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaaking of quintana i just got a little news about my boy luis collazo..

I keep in touch a bit with lou's pr guy Ed Rosa n he tells me Lou is currently in camp helping paul williams out with sparring for the rematch!

Which is wicked news.. Keeping sharp and fit with no fights scheduled..
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information