Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Our P4P Rankings

Hey there,

I guess there would have been alot of talk already about new P4P lists and so on with Floyd "retiring".

However, being the creator of my own boxing site, I decided to put up a Pound-4-Pound rankings list, after discussion with some of my contributers, to drive some people to our site and have their say on our standings.

Since it is purely subjective, people are never going to agree on any one list of pound 4 pound contenders, however we thought it'd be good to create our own, maybe a bit different to others, but justifiably so.

I'd be interested to know what the saddo members thought of our pound for pound list.

You can find it here: Total Boxing | Total-Boxing.com Pound For Pound Rankings

Cheers fella's

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Our P4P Rankings

Having Klitschko and Haye over Fernando Montiel is ridicules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TOTAL-BOXING.COM has produced its very own Pound-for-Pound rankings!

Manny Pacquiao
    Super-FeatherweightThe Filipino becomes the rightful successor to Floyd Mayweathers crown. Arguably the most exciting fighter in any division, Manny has beaten future HOF fighters Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Moralles both twice. Recently he also beat P4P contender Juan Manuel Marquez in their second fight after a draw in the first. Next in line is a shot at David Diaz to become a 4 weight world champion.

Miguel Cotto
    Welterweight The fierce Peurto Rican is tipped to be the dominant force of the welterweight division after the disappearance of Floyd Mayweather. Currently undefeated, Cotto's resume includes names such as Shane Mosely, Zab Judah, Paulie Mallignaggi, Carlos Quintana and Ricardo Torres. With Mayweather out of the picture, future fights with De La Hoya, Hatton and Paul Williams could add strength to Cotto's number 1 P4P challenge.

Joe Calzaghe
    Light-Heavyweight After his masterclass against Jeff Lacy and Super-middleweight unification win against Mikkel Kessler, the Welsh Dragon is the longest reigning current World Champion and has recently "executioned" the legendary Bernard Hopkins in his step up to the light-heavyweight division. Not long from retirement Joe Calzaghe is now "the man" and has a number of avenues to explore before he finally bows out in a blaze of glory. Arguably Britains best ever boxing talent.

Israel Vazquez
    Super-Bantamweight Big hitting Israel Vasquez has cemented his place in pound for pound history after his two wins over a brutal, three fight trilogy against fellow mexican Rafael Marquez. Vazquez's record includes an avenge win over Oscar Larios, as well as a victory over Jhonny Gonzalez.

Juan Manuel Marquez
    Super-Featherweight Despite losing out against Manny Pacquiao last time he held the Filipino to a draw in 2001. Juan Manuel Marquez is still a world class operater in the superfeatherweight division, having beaten Marco Antonio Barrera for the WBC title back in 2007.

Kelly Pavlik
    Middleweight The Ghost has come a long way from growing up in Youngstown, Ohio. After beating Edison Miranda in 2007, Pavlik went on to knock out middleweight king Jermain Taylor not once but twice! This feared puncher is undefeated and has knocked out 30 of his 34 victims. Since Pavlik has beat the man (Taylor) who beat the man(Hopkins), he is now the dominant force at Middleweight and may be looking to fight at super-middlweight in future. Currently a mouth-watering fight against Joe Calzaghe is on the cards for later in the year.

Christian Mijares
    Super-Flyweight Mijares became the number one in the division following wins over Navarro, Arce and Munoz. A bout against Fernando Montiel for the Ring Magazine belt could be not too far off.

Rafael Marquez
    Super-Bantamweight Rafa Marquez lost out to Israel Vasquez (2-1) in their thrilling trilogy, which will rank up there with the very best boxing contests ever. However at 33, and after such brutal matches, it remains to be seen how much longer Rafa can go on at the top of his game.

Wladimir Klitschko
    Heavyweight The linear champion in a somewhat poor division. Klitschko has been in most people's eyes the best heavyweight since Lennox Lewis retired, some seeing his brother Vitali as the better of the two. Despite Vitali coming close to ending Lennox's reign, he has been forced into retirement allowing Wlad to rule the division. Wlad has two mandatory defences against young prospects Tony Thompson and Alexander Povetkin lined up for the rest of the year. With David Haye looking to step up to havyweight, a potential showdown in 2009 could put some spark back into boxings stellar division.

David Haye
    Cruiserweight
    Hidden Content
    Baggins Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haye isn't the best in his weight class

i think steve cunningham can beat him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    There are obviously another half a dozen or so candidates that could make the list, and as I say this is purely speculative and a matter of opinion. I've seen alot of people who feel Klitschko deserves to be up there.

Anyway myself and the contributers to the site wanted to make a listing that was abit different than most sites and the ring magazine list, as to create abit of interest.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto shouldn't be 2.

Haye, and especially Wlad shouldn't be on the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Cotto shouldn't be 2.

Do you say this because of the state of the division they are in? Both heavy and cruiserweight aint that great, but they are by far the best in their division.

Anyhoo, all opinions and comments are welcome

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm actually fine with Cotto being number 2. But the bottom of the list is very sour for me unfortunately. Not so much Klitschko but Haye. There are so many more viable guys to have on there. I would think Guzman deserves it, anyone but Haye really.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by totalboxing1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Cotto shouldn't be 2.

Do you say this because of the state of the division they are in? Both heavy and cruiserweight aint that great, but they are by far the best in their division.

Anyhoo, all opinions and comments are welcome
    I say it because P4P is about mythical matches with the size and weight leveled.

Being heavyweights, they don't have the speed, visual skill or output to match lighter fighters.

I'm a big fan of Haye. But I can pick 10 better than him. I can pick 50 better than Wlad.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are obviously another half a dozen or so candidates that could make the list, and as I say this is purely speculative and a matter of opinion. I've seen alot of people who feel Klitschko deserves to be up there.

Anyway myself and the contributers to the site wanted to make a listing that was abit different than most sites and the ring magazine list, as to create abit of interest.
    You want to get your site some creditability than stay away from the garbage lists. Look at Boxing Rec. There lists are different. But there ridicule for it. That what you looking for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You want to get your site some creditability than stay away from the garbage lists. Look at Boxing Rec. There lists are different. But there ridicule for it. That what you looking for?
    Ultimately most of these kind of things will get ridiculed, but along with it comes debate and interest! It was just a push to create more interest thats all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All of these lists are pure speculation, biased by our own views. Here's my biased speculations:

1. W.Klitchsko
    2-10. Everyone else in the Heavyweight division.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ultimately most of these kind of things will get ridiculed, but along with it comes debate and interest! It was just a push to create more interest thats all.
    It was a push...pretty much sums it up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Amat, Wladdy doesn't bother me that much because he is by far the best in his division (but some argue that heavyweights should never be in p4p lists). But having Haye up there is ridiculous. I would argue that Pavlik is a little high also.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Thread Information