Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default heavy feet and hands

man today was a totally f'ed up day. (in the gym)
    i had a rest day yesterday, did not had a ruff day at work, so i should be fit.
    yeah i eat a little late ( finished 30 before training) but that should not have this freaking big effect.

i seriously could not move my feet in the ring and my hands dropt a few times and got some in the head.
    mentally i was realy fit, but my body felt like shhh,

so after my first sparring session i did some bag work,
    and did my second sparring session with a guy who did no competittion (so i could stay more in 1 place).
    i dont compete (yet) so there was no shame in boxing at a lower pace (though my trainer axed me wtf i was doing).

but what should i do if this happens again? i want to start competition in sept. wtf should i do when i get in that ring and this happens??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: heavy feet and hands

you know what?
    i dont have a clue.
    im competitng this september aswell, what weight division are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'll be in lightwelter, my trainer told me a year ago that i was ready to start competing.
    though i did not feel ready myself so i didn't.
    but now i feel ready, (exept yesterday) i only spar competing boxers at my gym that are c-class and i get the upper hand most of the time. and even some in B-class, but most in B-class are better than me.
    so i should have it easy when i start in N-class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cool man
    im heavyweight, but after this season im moving down to middleweight. i got 2 fights in sept then none till feb, where i can try and lose that weight.
    i would honestly describe myself as an A class boxer, without blowing my own trumpet. ive so much better recently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a-class thats great. whats your record?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

13 wins, 1 loss and no draws with 11 KO's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This may not be my place to say because I am new to boxing but for what it is worth with the suggestions to restore yourself back to health.... I can honestly see from your post that I suspect it is because your body is becoming overworked and your muscles do not want to work with you. The another possible reason is pooling of blood in the legs and arms.... I read somewhere that if you excersice too much blood then can pool in your legs and arms? I was told eating bananas are good for muscle cramps. I think the best answer would be to give your body a couple days of sleep and rest and drink alots of water to re-hydrate your body. You might want to check with the doctor if those symptoms don't go away with these natural suggestions. I am trying to eat right ... give my body rest and let my muscles work with me and not against me and reading up on what healthy foods are good for what body parts scientifically to help increase my strength etc. I want a drug free and 100% natural body to be strong and a fighter.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

clarify, you ate 30 minutes before training and wonder why you were sluggish?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it was the sugar intake I dunno? I was told sometimes sugar can seriously affect an athelete's performance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    clarify, you ate 30 minutes before training and wonder why you were sluggish?
    yeah i know, but i've done it a few times before and it really feld F'ed in my stomach,
    but this was like nothing else, i couldn't even get outta range after setting up some punches.
    hope training will be better today. Â

and thnx deafman, i usually dont really pay attention to my diet, cuz i have a fat% of 9% and at my highes it was 11%, and i eat what ever there is, (but do eat 3 fruits and drink lots of water every day).

but i have a hard time getting a few pounds on when i need it.
    mayb it is because of my active job.
    but anyways it could never hurt, taking a little more healthy diet.

Quote Originally Posted by alex w
    13 wins, 1 loss and no draws with 11 KO's
    did you won your first A-class fight? cuz this guy at my gym didn't cuz he found swithing to 3min rounds realy hard in the ring, though he trained towards it, but in the ring it feld lots longer.

Â

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You might want to look into eating alittle more vegetables ... have a well rounded meal ... steak ... vegs fruits and water maybe alittle of wine with your dinner red wine....but not alots....just try to pay more attention to your diet from now on and you should have no more problems. Hope that solves your problems .... I also think alots of water before during and after training helps put the spring in your step and arms responds much better as I have noticed that with myself. You are welcome and God Bless ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nah mate i lost my first one on a dodgy decision.
    i think the first round leaned in his favour, got to the 2nd round and connected with a overhand right that sent him flying into the ropes. he kinda stumbled at me, as i walked forwards into him. i liften my knee too high, but i was a good 8 inches away from him and the ref called it a foul and stopped the fight.
    apparently he thought i was going for a low blow, ridiculas, diddnt even warn me, and as i said i was a fair distance from him
    i got 8 consecutive KO's after that tho, which wasnt bad atall!

Thread Information