Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
Disappointing but we have to look at a few things here, 1 Calzaghe has been tight at Super Middleweight for years he has to drain himself quite severely to make the weight which is a fact. I think he is very comfortable weight wise at Light Heavyweight and at his age now it would be a bad idea to drain yourself against such a dangerous young champion like Pavlik. But saying that i think they could easily do this fight at catch weight no problem.

Calzaghe is doing the smart option and going for the big pay day over a former legend to close out his career. But lets get one thing straight here people are making out like Jones vs Calzaghe is just a fore gone conclusion when it isn't. Jones may be old but he is still x2 faster than anyone Calzaghe has ever faced, and Calzaghe has never faced anyone remotely close to Jones. So don't underestimate Jones he could very easily pull of the upset, and people are forgetting Calzaghe is also past his peak he isn't no spring chicken either, in fact i noticed in Hopkins fight his jab and combo's wern't has fast or snappy, and he did look like a fighter on his way out to me IMO, so don't think Jones vs Calzaghe will be a fore gone conclusion folks.

Best post so far.. Cant add nothing more if I tried 100% accurate..

Everyone knows I am a Calzaghe fan after Kessler and have accepted his accompolishments as extrodinary, but with that I believe in my heart of hearts Jones wins this in front of a record crowd in England(If they already havent announced the fight and the venue)