Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who's gonna win and how?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Juan Diaz by KO

2 7.41%
  • Michael Katsidis by KO

13 48.15%
  • Juan Diaz by Decision

10 37.04%
  • Michael Katsidis by Decision

2 7.41%
  • Draw

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juan Diaz vs Michael Katsidis

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz vs Michael Katsidis

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Kats by KO.

Campbell and Katsidis have similarities on their fighting style. But imo, Kats is quicker and hits harder.
    Not really. Nate is the much better schooled, craftier fighter. Katsidis is about as slick as sandpaper.
    You won't see much difference if Katsidis also fight Diaz on the inside toe to toe, which I'm sure he will. Katsidis will inflect more damage than Campbell did Diaz.
    The difference is Campbell could inflict damage without taking everything Diaz threw flush on his chin. I don't doubt Katsidis will land some hard punches on Diaz, just don't think he can keep eating combinations in order to do so.

ICB Guest

Kats by KO.

Campbell and Katsidis have similarities on their fighting style. But imo, Kats is quicker and hits harder.
    Not really. Nate is the much better schooled, craftier fighter. Katsidis is about as slick as sandpaper.
    You won't see much difference if Katsidis also fight Diaz on the inside toe to toe, which I'm sure he will. Katsidis will inflect more damage than Campbell did Diaz.
    Sorry Pac but your way off here you actually think Katsidis will roll with the shots and counter like Campbell did ?? you must be joking surely bro ?? Katsidis and Campbell are about as different as you could get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Sorry Pac but your way off here you actually think Katsidis will roll with the shots and counter like Campbell did ?? you must be joking surely bro ?? Katsidis and Campbell are about as different as you could get.
    Campbell was countering?.. maybe. But he was more exchanging than countering (timed punch). He pretty much refused to be bullied in the ring. He made Diaz tasted his own medicine. It was a give-n-take fight. But Diaz was the one who's been "taking" a lot.

Campbell may be well schooled than Katsidis. But like I said, you won't see much difference if Kats fight JD on the inside too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaz will prove too busy an opponent and will outwork kats for a UD win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got Katsidis by KO.

Diaz is going to get backed up no matter how many punches he throws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Katsidis by KO. Diaz also has leaky defense and gets hit a lot, as does Katsidis, but I feel that Katsidis has a power advantage and that he'll be able to match or exceed Diaz' work rate. Nate Campbell almost stopped Diaz, so it's not like he's some unstoppable. Katsidis will stop him.
    Nate Campbell almost stopped Diaz with what? Diaz's problem is he's a natural brawler without power. Campbell beat Diaz simply because he outslicked him. Any fighter who doesn't have that kind of finesse doesn't stand a chance against Diaz. Half of Diaz's defense is his insane workrate that made his last 2 defeated opponents quit on their respective stools. When Diaz is trained out of his brawler mentality he is a monster. His defense against Cotto was genius- any time you can weather an opponent throwing an onslaught of 100+ punches in the first 3 rounds and make it look easy means you know how to defend. The loss will do Diaz a lot of good and he will return to doing the things his team has wanted him to do to not only be more well-rounded but extend his career if he wants.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are out of your damn gourds. Diaz is going to smoke Katsidis.

After Juan is through with him Katsidis will never be on a major card in America again.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    Katsidis by KO. Diaz also has leaky defense and gets hit a lot, as does Katsidis, but I feel that Katsidis has a power advantage and that he'll be able to match or exceed Diaz' work rate. Nate Campbell almost stopped Diaz, so it's not like he's some unstoppable. Katsidis will stop him.
    Nate Campbell almost stopped Diaz with what? Diaz's problem is he's a natural brawler without power. Campbell beat Diaz simply because he outslicked him. Any fighter who doesn't have that kind of finesse doesn't stand a chance against Diaz. Half of Diaz's defense is his insane workrate that made his last 2 defeated opponents quit on their respective stools. When Diaz is trained out of his brawler mentality he is a monster. His defense against Cotto was genius- any time you can weather an opponent throwing an onslaught of 100+ punches in the first 3 rounds and make it look easy means you know how to defend. The loss will do Diaz a lot of good and he will return to doing the things his team has wanted him to do to not only be more well-rounded but extend his career if he wants.
    I didn't mean he almost stopped him in that he dropped him or anything, but Diaz' eye was a mess and there were times where it looked like he wasn't going to come out for the next round. I probably should've said something like it looked like he was in danger of being stopped or that it looked like he could've been stopped.
    Last edited by CFH; 06-16-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't mean he almost stopped him in that he dropped him or anything, but Diaz' eye was a mess and there were times where it looked like he wasn't going to come out for the next round. I probably should've said something like it looked like he was in danger of being stopped or that it looked like he could've been stopped.
    Didn't the ring doctor approach his corner at one point and checked him out? That should indicate that the fight was close of being stopped.
    Hidden Content
    Baggins Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diaz UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SE7EN View Post

Didn't the ring doctor approach his corner at one point and checked him out? That should indicate that the fight was close of being stopped.
    You're talking about apples and oranges. Diaz being cut and the fight almost being stopped because of it isn't the same as Diaz almost being taken out because Campbell put the hammer down on him. That sort of thing could happen to any fighter. When Casamayor "stopped" Corrales in their first match, did Corrales look defeated? Or did Corrales look ready to pour everything out in between rounds to try to get Casa out of there so he didn't lose? How it looked is entirely different than what actually went on. Diaz was there all night and unfortunately for him, the bullying style he employed only worked in Campbell's favor.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Katsidis hit more harder than Campbell and stopped Diaz clearly , obviously Katsidis will make pressure to Diaz toe to toe and will KO him....

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SE7EN View Post

You're talking about apples and oranges. Diaz being cut and the fight almost being stopped because of it isn't the same as Diaz almost being taken out because Campbell put the hammer down on him. That sort of thing could happen to any fighter. When Casamayor "stopped" Corrales in their first match, did Corrales look defeated? Or did Corrales look ready to pour everything out in between rounds to try to get Casa out of there so he didn't lose? How it looked is entirely different than what actually went on. Diaz was there all night and unfortunately for him, the bullying style he employed only worked in Campbell's favor.
    I clarified what I meant, but I do think that Diaz looked completely defeated in the latter stages of the Campbell fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Katsidis by KO
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information