Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who's gonna win and how?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Juan Diaz by KO

2 7.41%
  • Michael Katsidis by KO

13 48.15%
  • Juan Diaz by Decision

10 37.04%
  • Michael Katsidis by Decision

2 7.41%
  • Draw

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juan Diaz vs Michael Katsidis

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Juan Diaz vs Michael Katsidis

Looks like it's already confirmed according to boxrec.. Juan Diaz

Who's gonna win and how?
    Hidden Content
    Baggins Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Diaz vs Michael Katsidis

Juan Diaz by UD
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JD by decision for me simply because Kats' defense is not that great imo. He gets hit a lot. And he gets careless when he feels like he's winning the fight.

I was gonna vote for "JD by KO" but most of us know he doesn't have power.
    Hidden Content
    Baggins Clan

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Katsidis by KO. Diaz also has leaky defense and gets hit a lot, as does Katsidis, but I feel that Katsidis has a power advantage and that he'll be able to match or exceed Diaz' work rate. Nate Campbell almost stopped Diaz, so it's not like he's some unstoppable. Katsidis will stop him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I talked about this in another thread, hopefully I can get the same essence.

Diaz and Katsidis are both coming off loses, but Katsidis comes off his loss the better of the two.

When Campbell took the fight to Diaz, Diaz took quite a beating. He was used to controlling the fight, but when someone was able to do it to him, he folded and couldn't find an answer.

Katsidis began his fight with Casamayor by being knocked down twice, then went on to lose the next couple of rounds. All of a sudden Kats showed his heart and fought his way back and even led at one point in the scorecards. And if you forgot, knocked Casa out of the ring.

When Diaz needed to show heart, he couldn't find it, when Katsidis had to dig deep, he shined (even though he got blasted in the end).

I see Diaz outworking and controlling the first couple of rounds against Kats. Eventually Kats doesn't bow down and Diaz gets discouraged. Kats then fights his way back to the scorecards and stops Diaz late in the fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12 View Post

Diaz and Katsidis are both coming off loses, but Katsidis comes off his loss the better of the two.

When Campbell took the fight to Diaz, Diaz took quite a beating. He was used to controlling the fight, but when someone was able to do it to him, he folded and couldn't find an answer.

Katsidis began his fight with Casamayor by being knocked down twice, then went on to lose the next couple of rounds. All of a sudden Kats showed his heart and fought his way back and even led at one point in the scorecards. And if you forgot, knocked Casa out of the ring.

When Diaz needed to show heart, he couldn't find it, when Katsidis had to dig deep, he shined (even though he got blasted in the end).

I see Diaz outworking and controlling the first couple of rounds against Kats. Eventually Kats doesn't bow down and Diaz gets discouraged. Kats then fights his way back to the scorecards and stops Diaz late in the fight.
    The only thing I disagree about is Diaz' heart. I thought by finishing the fight on his feet he showed a lot of heart, he looked like he wanted to quit, but he stayed there and fought as best he could. He just didn't have the skills/gameplan/ring smarts to match Campbell's game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

katsidis via late round rally with jd trying to survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12 View Post

The only thing I disagree about is Diaz' heart. I thought by finishing the fight on his feet he showed a lot of heart, he looked like he wanted to quit, but he stayed there and fought as best he could. He just didn't have the skills/gameplan/ring smarts to match Campbell's game.
    i'm envisioning the same scenario as caleoh but i think diaz would have it in him to survive to lose by a close decision.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went Juan Diaz KO, just because TKO or stoppage wasn't an option. I think Diaz has the far better skills and at least an equal workrate. Campbell was able to get to Diaz and hurt him a little but he has far more craft than Kats could dream of and is just as tough imo. It's not as though Campbell was the first guy Diaz fought who could punch ither.. Freitas and Julio Diaz could both bang as well. I don't see Katsidis being able to take as many punches as he should against Diaz, assuming Juan has his head in the fight. He'll give it his all and I don't expect Diaz to take it easily, but Katsidis will have to be willing to take several shots to land one as long as Juan keeps throwing them. Should be a very exciting matchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kats by KO.

Campbell and Katsidis have similarities on their fighting style. But imo, Kats is quicker and hits harder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta go with the local boy. Katsidis to come back in a big way after his loss to make a statement to the world.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

ICB Guest

Im still a fan of Diaz i just think Campbell had his number that was an excellent performance from Cambell his slickness was just too much for Diaz on the inside and outside. I do think what hurts Diaz is that he doesn't have power thats why he couldn't turn it on late against Campbell. In fact Diaz reminds me of Jesus Chavez similar height and similar style etc.

Katsidis is limited but he does have power so maybe he can shake up Diaz, he certainly will have his chances with Diaz coming forward all night, someone mentioned Diaz has a bad defense, i don't think his defense is that bad for a swarming fighter, i think Katsidis's defense is far worse. Im picking Diaz by UD in a all out war with both men hitting the canvas.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Kats by KO.

Campbell and Katsidis have similarities on their fighting style. But imo, Kats is quicker and hits harder.
    Not really. Nate is the much better schooled, craftier fighter. Katsidis is about as slick as sandpaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Kats by KO.

Not really. Nate is the much better schooled, craftier fighter. Katsidis is about as slick as sandpaper.
    You won't see much difference if Katsidis also fight Diaz on the inside toe to toe, which I'm sure he will. Katsidis will inflect more damage than Campbell did Diaz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The volume punching of Diaz could cause Katsidis some trouble as he cuts easily. While Diaz may not have the KO power to stop Katsidis it could get stopped on cuts i guess. Katsisdis needs a big win as does Diaz so it should be a great fight.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Thread Information