Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation Audley Harrison Vs Martin Rogan

Hi they british boxing fans!Prizfighter winner Martin Rogan is set to fight Audley Harrison in a ten rounder on the 19 july at the Aston Villa Event Centre in Birmingham.I have lost all hope of Harrison in the last couple of years.He has let himself and u.k fans down so many times.He's had ample of opportunaties to do great things in the heavyweight division but has failed.This fight is make or break it for him.There his words,not my!!!Im still watching this fight though.I think Logan deserved to win the PRIZEFIGHTER tournament.He did well to win the top prize of £20,000.I feel this could still be a good slug fest,"Not exactly a clean fight!"nevertheless i feel Rogan will give a really good go at Harrison.

what do you guys think of the fight and who do you think will win the fight??Thanks!
    Last edited by yvonne; 06-17-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Audley Harrison Vs Martin Rogan

Wats up yvonne. Good to see you around. I'm looking forward to this actually. Rogan will come to fight as this is his big chance. Audley looked nervous in his last fight and I wonder what his approach will be? the good thing about this fight is it really is a must win for both as whoever loses their careers are pretty much over. Should be pretty decent. I'm picking Audley by late stoppage due to experience and the fact Rogan is inexperienced when it comes to the latter rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty much think same as you Lee. I think Rogan will really go at Audley and possibly could dominate for a couple of rounds.
    However i think Audley will cover up and the rough, tough guy from Ireland will tire and get stopped late.

Would laugh if Rogan won though.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The biggest problem that I can see, and have pretty much always seen with Harrison, is that though he's a big guy with a reach advantage on many, he can't seem to make it count. He's always been too tentative with his jab, and smaller fighters with any resemblance of class can get inside and work him way too easy.

In this one, if Rogan treats it like a shorter fight, he could get Harrison out of there sharpish. Harrison says he's been working a lot on his jab, but I'll believe it when I see it. I think if Rogan roughs upHarrison like he did to Dolan, Rogie should win by stoppage.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Rogan but the comp flattered him a bit, was taylor made for him.

Audley will pick and poke at him until he's ready for the taking and then tell us how he'll be undisputed by the end of next week.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Audley destroys Rogan.

There is litle debate or discussion needed. Rogan has worked very hard to get where he is ; the winner of prizefighter. Excuse me for being underwhelmed.

Audley on the other hand hasn't worked at all to get where he is. So Audley with minimal effort should beat Rogan with ease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still maybe think if harrisons head isn't right and rogan gets at it him straightaway like a bull in a china shop he could beat him (and in a way I sort of hope that happens) but i reckon harrison will probably win, late stoppage, maybe even points. Think i'm gonna go to this fight (as i dont live too far from birmingham) as enzo's topping the bill too, wouldn't go for audley harrison!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by saturday_kid View Post
    I still maybe think if harrisons head isn't right and rogan gets at it him straightaway like a bull in a china shop he could beat him (and in a way I sort of hope that happens) but i reckon harrison will probably win, late stoppage, maybe even points. Think i'm gonna go to this fight (as i dont live too far from birmingham) as enzo's topping the bill too, wouldn't go for audley harrison!!
    Good point on Harrison getting caught out cold in the early rounds.Theres a really good possibility of that happening especially coming from Rogan,after all he'll be really up for this one and he'll want to win this one for sure.I think he has a really good chance to do so!I mean remember the Sprott Vs Harrison fight a while ago!!!Sprott was a clear underdog by miles(Bookmarkers had him 6-1 for a straight win)due to the fact that he was a lot lighter in weight as well as being a foot or so smaller than Harrison.But look what happened when he caught Harrison cold with a hook in the 2nd.....Harrison hit the deck and never recovered and made me £60 up.

I think this will be a good slug and an entertaining fight to watch.With it being soo crucial for each one of them to win,it should end up like watching two bulls locking horns.Rogan will be up for this one.
    Last edited by yvonne; 06-17-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rogan doesn't have the hand speed (well speed in general) or power to KO Audley.

Fat John McD could have won "prizefighter". Even Pele Reid. Butterbean would have pissied it.

Audley will KO him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Rogan doesn't have the hand speed (well speed in general) or power to KO Audley.

Fat John McD could have won "prizefighter". Even Pele Reid. Butterbean would have pissied it.

Audley will KO him.
    I reckon Rogan has the power to down him in the early rounds.After all he put my man("Young Favorite",Dolan)down twice in the final of the Prizefighter comp.Im backing Rogan at the bookmakers!!!!!Show me the money!!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see anyway Rogan will win the fight.

Audley's level of comp is light-years better. Audley's ability is light-years better (thats going over the top, i know). And as I said, I don't think he has the ability to score a KO.

Rogan is basically a 37 year-old, ten fight, part-time novice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I don't see anyway Rogan will win the fight.

Audley's level of comp is light-years better. Audley's ability is light-years better (thats going over the top, i know). And as I said, I don't think he has the ability to score a KO.

Rogan is basically a 37 year-old, ten fight, part-time novice.
    Rogan has been calling out the likes of Timlin, Belshaw and Perez prior to this. They are all virtual beginners and goes to show how out of his depth Rogan is.
    He's cashing in as he always desired, he has no actual hunger for the sport, just money.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxer beats street fighter at boxing.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rogan is raw as fuck and hes an animal. I would not be surprised at all if he knocks audley out early. I saw Rogan throw more punches in one fight in 3 rounds, than audley has thrown in his career.

Rogan KO for me. Im sticking to that as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Rogan takes this and its not cuz Audley was K.o'd by Sprott or that cuz I think Rogan is a good fighter . . .

Its cuz In Audleys last fight vs that nobody he showed that even with very little resistance infront of him he will not fight back . He will go into his shell vs Rogan no doubt . We know what to expect from the Irish guy Audley though will not box teh way a gold medallist should and will be stopped . Im pretty certain .

Thread Information