Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: this dude wants to train me

I'm pretty new here and don't know what went on with this zelenoff guy, or am i raking up things that dont need bringing back up, if so sorry.

Also by the way to kid thunder fair play to you mate (and to anyone) who has the balls to step inbetween those ropes, like said in an above post your'e a proffesional boxer thats more than most people can say and is a dream for many people. Good luck in the future & keep us informed of how you do

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A large part of why Andrew got so much flack is because he is/was associated with the likes of that goof Zelenoff. Charlie Zelenoff is merely a troll who happened to end up on a boxing board thinking he was hard. There are some really funny posts about it...and if ya have 100 + more posts you can even see where it all began a few years back right here on saddoboxing. Hilarious stuff.

So because of that we heard of someone we would never of known about, Andrew Hartley, a person who called Charlie on his many threats and as a result even helped Charlie get a licence and instead of still being keyboard warriors...they actually ended up in a ring in some place in Arkansas? We all got to see the fight, and we laughed, and we cheered, and ultimately what happened was Charlie was exposed for the fraud he was. Not only was he NOT hard, he was a total chicken shit who kept spitting out the gumshield every time he got tapped. (haha @ you Charlie )

Also though, we learned about Andrew. This person whom we never would have known. Never fought amateur. Never trained. Never had a trainer or any formal training, but yet had 14 professional fights. Alot of people cried farce and fraud and mockery, and I was also one of them.

I have since started to gain respect for Andrew. Certainly not for his skill and dedication to the sport, but for his reasons for doing it. The man has 6 children and fights for the few extra dollars it provides to help his family. And also, because he just likes stepping thru the ropes, and exchanging blows.

I don't think it is the right path to becoming a professional boxer, but I do think it is for the right reasons. So I hope very much that you take any kind of training you can find Andrew from wherever you can. And I hope you continue to train and give yourself and the sport more respect then you have gotten of late. You have a lot more from me lately and I thank you, for being humble and asking for it, and for trying.

And I wish Good Luck to you, sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think anyone who doesnt respect Mr Hartleys reasons for climbing in to the ropes is a c***
    You tell me how it feels when you can feel your nose crunch,and then rip on a guy
    And yes,it reverberates through your entire skull when it gets mushed .
    So screw it, the guys got the balls to get in there, and he has the guts to ask for help when he needs it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kid_thunder View Post
    ok i was looking for gyms to start working out and train and i stumble on this guy http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...=976&cat=boxer he said he has seen me fight and he want to train me for free
    You should be able to learn something new from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude, there has to be an easier way to make money, what you get paid a couple of hundred bucks, stop wasting your time man and get a proper job, they always need delivery drivers at pizza hut, or servers at McDonalds, the only thing boxing is going to get you is brain damaged, there is no glory or pride in getting your face smashed in every couple of weeks. All the new trainer is going to get you is beaten up even more, watch your youtube video again man, you ain't no boxer.... You guys can mother him as much as you want, he is not doing anyone any favours including himself, maybe your kids would prefer to reconise you when you are older and vice versa, there are other options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gemandad View Post
    Dude, there has to be an easier way to make money, what you get paid a couple of hundred bucks, stop wasting your time man and get a proper job, they always need delivery drivers at pizza hut, or servers at McDonalds, the only thing boxing is going to get you is brain damaged, there is no glory or pride in getting your face smashed in every couple of weeks. All the new trainer is going to get you is beaten up even more, watch your youtube video again man, you ain't no boxer.... You guys can mother him as much as you want, he is not doing anyone any favours including himself, maybe your kids would prefer to reconise you when you are older and vice versa, there are other options.
    Bullshit
    He's young enough he can be worked out,and its a hell of alot more then "a couple of hundred bucks" and even if it was just that,thats a full tank of oil for the winter.
    Appalachia is not exactly living the high life. And on top of that,hell if I had him in my stable I could sort him out pretty quickly. His hand speed isnt bad,and he's got heart to beat the band

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Bullshit
    He's young enough he can be worked out,and its a hell of alot more then "a couple of hundred bucks" and even if it was just that,thats a full tank of oil for the winter.
    Appalachia is not exactly living the high life. And on top of that,hell if I had him in my stable I could sort him out pretty quickly. His hand speed isnt bad,and he's got heart to beat the band
    Ha Ha who are you a magician, good hand speed mmm, do you know what you are talking about There is no way he is getting more than $1000 bucks a fight, think working at MCdonalds would pay more per month. Stop encouraging this idiot making a fool of himself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bullshit
    Ha Ha who are you a magician, good hand speed mmm, do you know what you are talking about There is no way he is getting more than $1000 bucks a fight, think working at MCdonalds would pay more per month. Stop encouraging this idiot making a fool of himself
    Are you a mouth breathing drooler?
    1000$ down there is a small freaking fortune
    His punches loop to much,and he does need work,but that can be worked with,and fixed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is even if you believe in all this, you should realize Hartley would be better off with a trainer than without. Which is why, as people suggest, he should try it out.

Hell, I dont even box, but the idea of being trained by a guy who once shared a ring with George Foreman, Michael Moorer and Andrew Golota seem pretty interesting to me also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bullshit
    His punches loop to much,and he does need work,but that can be worked with,and fixed
    Am I a what?? Oh I get it throwing insults now, Hey put your money where your mouth is get this guy and board, am willing to bet he will get his ass kicked again and again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I a what?? Oh I get it throwing insults now, Hey put your money where your mouth is get this guy and board, am willing to bet he will get his ass kicked again and again
    Apparantly you are a mouth breather,he has a trainer,and its bad form to swoop another guys boxer. Im sure as hell not going to do it. He's got a local guy who's been in the ring with some big names, Im not going to burn bridges and make him travel up here to boot.
    I dont mind giving him advice,but I wont do that.
    By the by,whats your record?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparantly you are a mouth breather,he has a trainer,and its bad form to swoop another guys boxer. Im sure as hell not going to do it. He's got a local guy who's been in the ring with some big names, Im not going to burn bridges and make him travel up here to boot.
    Pretty sure he said he didn't have a trainer and was asking if he should take on this old journeyman as his trainer, so that is crap, my record is 96-8 as an amateur and am now 4-0 as a pro, please tell me what relevance this has on talking on a forum. What's your record

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty sure he said he didn't have a trainer and was asking if he should take on this old journeyman as his trainer, so that is crap, my record is 96-8 as an amateur and am now 4-0 as a pro, please tell me what relevance this has on talking on a forum. What's your record
    A) Give me your name so I can check
    B) I did Martial Arts(not MMA) I can show you some very pretty medals and trophies. Though I would point out,I never finished out of the medals.
    C) Please give me your name,Id love to book you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks, but I have just signed a deal, I would am not on here for self promotion, just a bit of banter so you will have to take my word for it I'm afraid. Congrats on the medals but I am just voicing my opinion, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks, but I have just signed a deal, I would am not on here for self promotion, just a bit of banter so you will have to take my word for it I'm afraid. Congrats on the medals but I am just voicing my opinion, thanks.
    4 pro fights,and you signed a deal?
    You realize you just got screwed?
    Exclusivity deals are allways an f job,Ive got fighters who cant even fight in this state because of those deals
    Well,it cant be helped now,your sig is on the contract

Thread Information