Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enzo saying Pavlik fight will never happen. Pavlik does not deserve it.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Enzo saying Pavlik fight will never happen. Pavlik does not deserve it.

Enzo Calzaghe: "A Kelly Pavlik Fight Will Never Happen" - Boxing News

Enzo Calzaghe, father/trainer of Joe Calzaghe, said his son will never fight WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik. He says Pavlik has not earned his right for a bout with Calzaghe and he feels Roy Jones Jr. will be a tougher fight for his son.
    "At the end of the day it's never going to happen," Calzaghe told Setanta Sports. "Simply because I don't feel he deserves a shot yet at the big-time. On the back of one performance against a subdued, light fighter. There's a vast, vast difference between Gary and Joe Calzaghe. Gary would be the first to say that. It's chalk and cheese.
    "I'm not interested in boosting the profile of a fight that aint going to happen. At the end of the day, you've got Carl Froch, you've got everybody coming up with some [fight]. We want the best available. Someone who I have always admired. Let's be honest about it. Do you think Pavlik deserves to be mentioned on that level? Pound-for-pound as the best fighter in the world?"
    Calzaghe says fighting Jones will provide his son with more motivation. He doesn't think Pavlik has done anything special to be considered above the level of Jones.
    "I look at it with a different perspective," Calzaghe added. "Motivation is about will. Will is about passion. Does he care about the public, Joe? No. So why scream about it. I want rewarded. Joe wants to be rewarded. Let this guy [Pavlik] win five/eight different belts. Come and talk to me face-to-face, pound-for-pound, somebody who can have a chance to jump the ship."
    "Without a question of a doubt. Big Time. He beat Jermain Taylor so what? Joe would have wiped the floor with Jermain Taylor. A Light weight small puncher. So we should give a fight to everyone who wants one? 'It's my turn next'. Let him earn the right to go into the position. In Britain half the public don't know who Pavlik is, only the connoseurs of boxing. It's not bigger than Roy Jones-Calzaghe, its impossible.
    "Without question it is the harder fight. But Joe said he wants to go out in flying colors. The best beats the best. He's got a right to that claim. He deserves it. Hypothetically, if the s*** hits the fan it happened with an all-time great."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Enzo saying Pavlik fight will never happen. Pavlik does not deserve it.

He then calls Jermain Taylor a lightweight puncher

Oh the irony!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Enzo saying Pavlik fight will never happen. Pavlik does not deserve it.

Yeah, that's pretty amazing... Enzo is a huge tool shed! Normally I would just call him a tool... But he is an entire shed full!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i mean unfortunately the stuff that Enzo is saying as far as Pavlik has not accomplished what Jones has is true.. but it's a silly argument to anyone who can see through his bullshit..

obviously calzaghe will fight jones over pavlik any day of the year even if pavlik has one hand tied behind his back..

guess it's up to RJJ!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After Enzo witnessed Pavlik executed a one-way beating against Lockett,.. I don't think he would wanna see his son suffer the same fate.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enzo is a rambling nutter.

But at Joes AGE Roy is the better fight for him. Enzo gives the game away with his last quote - "Hypothetically, if the s*** hits the fan it happened with an all-time great."

Pavlik is a risk Joe doesn't need to take ANYMORE.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has Enzo always been this much of a brash, loudmouthed asshole? Or is he just trying to get as much time as possible in the limelight now that JC is nearing the end of his career?

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    After Enzo witnessed Pavlik executed a one-way beating against Lockett,.. I don't think he would wanna see his son suffer the same fate.

I was going to say the same thing

Check out these photos

The last one is my favorite because that is the towel that Enzo had to throw into the ring to avoid the massacre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL, fantastic!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

ICB Guest

Nonsense what has Jones done more than Pavlik to earn his shot ?? lets use simple logic here Pavlik beat Taylor twice who beat Hopkins twice, and correct me if im wrong but Calzaghe's win over Hopkins is Calzaghe's best win yes ?? and if Taylor defeated Hopkins twice that makes him the better fighter right ?? and Pavlik defeated the man who was better than Hopkins correct ?? so why doesn't Pavlik deserve his shot ?? Calzaghe also said Jones vs Tito was a fight between two old hasbins, so if that is correct why does he want to fight an "old hasbin" the contradiction here is unbelievable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In years to coem when people look back on Joes record, what gonna look better . .a win over Roy Jones Jnuior who was regarded as one of the best fighters ever . Or Kelly Pavlik ?

Exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enzo doesn't think Pavlik is "deserving" of a "shot at the big time"; but it was o.k. to take the Manfredo fight We all know how accomplished Petey was
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kelly still cracks me the fuck up....i swear if i saw him on the street i would think i could take him....but in reality he's whoop my ass and i'd never see it coming. What enzo is saying and doing is interesting, either he's hyping the fight down the line or he saw pavlik first hand and just simply knows pavlik is too much for joe right now, maybe five years ago but now roy jones isn't safe, but it's a much safer bet. I really belive he thought lockett was going to loose but not so badly. I even heard freakin lockett might even retire now, joe probably would too if he fought pavlik. Not that i think joe is all that bad but pavlik right now is just too good at what he does.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    No doubt that's it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets get this straight Calzaghe is not afraid of Kelly Pavlik, Jeff Lacy was just as hyped and a genuine 168lb fighter.

He is just being greedy.

Thread Information