Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Expressions of interest

Hear any that ring your bell?

A prisoner I saw on telly walking out of a jail recently said to one of the screws who asked if he would be comming back;

"I've learnt that boys make excuses and real men make changes".
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Expressions of interest

"I don't know the difference between ignorance and apathy and I don't care." -Graffiti

If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To do is to be.
    Socrates

To be is to do.
    Sartre

Do be do be do.
    Sinatra

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Sometimes the best way to avoid a punch is to just stand back, but stand back too far, and you're not really fighting at all" (Million Dollar Baby).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post
    "Sometimes the best way to avoid a punch is to just stand back, but stand back too far, and you're not really fighting at all" (Million Dollar Baby).
    An old boxing axiom I've heard before, "Sometimes no footwork is the best footwork." It comes to mind when I watch a Locche or McCallum fight. Ironically Muhammad Ali said it himself that if you have to take three steps to your opponent's two that you're going to get tired.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nagel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post
    An old boxing axiom I've heard before, "Sometimes no footwork is the best footwork." It comes to mind when I watch a Locche or McCallum fight. Ironically Muhammad Ali said it himself that if you have to take three steps to your opponent's two that you're going to get tired.
    There are some great boxing quotes. I think there was a thread started about this in the main board.

Another quote (that doesn't apply to boxing only) I heard went something like this: "People hardly ever follow their own advice, no matter how good it may be". Can't remember where I heard it, although something similiar was said in Million Dollar Baby as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course it's possible to love a human being if you don't know them too well.
    Charles Bukowski
    The artist doesn't have time to listen to the critics. The ones who want to be writers read the reviews, the ones who want to write don't have the time to read reviews.
    William Faulkner (1897 - 1962)
    At 18 our convictions are hills from which we look; At 45 they are caves in which we hide.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896 - 1940)
    In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896 - 1940), "The Crack-Up" (1936)
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    Oscar Wilde

Now some funny ones:
    Dan Quayle:
    I have made good judgments in the Past. I have made good judgements in the Future.
    Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.
    The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that Dan Quayle may or may not make.
    We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe.
    What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.
    When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.
    One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.
    The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.
    We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world.
    We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.
    For NASA, space is still a high priority.
    Public speaking is very easy.
    I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.
    "In George Bush you get experience, and with me you get the future."
    You all look like happy campers to me. Happy campers you are, happy campers you have been, and, as far as I am concerned, happy campers you will always be."
    In a speech to American Samoans
    "I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."
    "Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."

The Govornator:
    "If I would do another 'Terminator' movie I would have Terminator travel back in time and tell Arnold not to have a special election." -after all four of his ballot initiatives were roundly defeated in the special election he called
    "To those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say, Don't be economic girlie men!"
    "All of a sudden, we see riots, we see protests, we see people clashing. The next thing we know, there is injured or there is dead people. We don't want to get to that extent." –on the dangers posed by gay marriage

"As much as when you see a blonde with great tits and a great ass, you say to yourself, 'Hey, she must be stupid or must have nothing else to offer,' which maybe is the case many times. But then again there is the one that is as smart as her breasts look, great as her face looks, beautiful as her whole body looks gorgeous, you know, so people are shocked." –in an interview with Esquire

"I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman."
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Gay marriage being between a man and a woman"? I like it, and it's good advice, even though I don't understand it.

Thread Information