Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: RIGHT NECK ON THE LINE WHO WINS

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jones Vs Calzaghe Come On Guys Put Your Necks On The Line

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jones Vs Calzaghe Come On Guys Put Your Necks On The Line

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Flippin heck, I must admit I'm quite surprised at the amount of votes RJJ is getting!

As far as I can see, RJJ is a shadow of his former self, and is years away from the last real masterclass he dished out. Calzaghe puts RJJ on the ropes and works on him smothering him with punches, until the ref eventually stops it despite big protests from RJJ, who claims his laying on the ropes was really just rolling the punches.
    Same old thing with Joe every fight he has there is always alot of doubters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted for Jones just because hes my fav and i cant vote against him. In reality im not that confident. Hopefully its a good fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Flippin heck, I must admit I'm quite surprised at the amount of votes RJJ is getting!

As far as I can see, RJJ is a shadow of his former self, and is years away from the last real masterclass he dished out. Calzaghe puts RJJ on the ropes and works on him smothering him with punches, until the ref eventually stops it despite big protests from RJJ, who claims his laying on the ropes was really just rolling the punches.
    Same old thing with Joe every fight he has there is always alot of doubters.
    That's not true at all there were doubters when he fought Lacy, Kess and Hopkins end of, noone gave Bika, Manfredo, Ashira, Veit or an old shop worn Reid a chance against JC.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe.

If RJJ was in his prime then of course he would dispose of Joe, but now, I just cant see it. Which is good cause I want JC to win anyway

BTW, have you see his bird? She is pretty tidy

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe is not getting stopped by an ancient roy, no way in hell. Roy doesn't fight offensive enough anymore to knock out a former welterweight, and yet somehow he's going to ko joe. Put me down for joe winning a clear cut ud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    Calzaghe will ruin Roy i mean ruin.
    When is the last Calzaghe has ruined anyone. If he is so great has he ever knocked a guy down three times in a round and was never hit once. Probablly the greatest round ever.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDWnMXzgeZo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by southakron314 View Post
    When is the last Calzaghe has ruined anyone. If he is so great has he ever knocked a guy down three times in a round and was never hit once. Probablly the greatest round ever.

Who said "Calzaghe was so great" and Calzaghe ruined Lacy of that there is no-doubt.

This Roy Jones has no chance against a guy of this calibre, style wise it is a nightmare for Jones.

The two things you cannot do against Joe is stay on the ropes or gas and this shell will do both.

I happen to think this shadow formely known as Roy Jones would get smoked by Kessler, Taylor, pavlik, johnson, Hopkins, tarver i could go on he is totally gone he got no legs.

Who was Roy fighting in that video? one of the cans he fought post Toney?

ICB Guest

Jones Jr is one of my favorites and i think he will knock Calzaghe down early in the fight with a straight right hand lead as he leaps in, but just like Hopkins he hasn't got the stamina anymore, plus he lays on the ropes too much which isn't a good thing against a combination puncher. I'll go with Jones just because he is my favorite fighter but Calzaghe is for certain the favorite.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by southakron314 View Post

Whoa! That vid is pretty impressive

I think Jones the is greatest boxer Ive ever seen .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im voting for Roy. i still think that he has just enough to pull the victory. even a old Roy has some of that Great Roy inside him. He just need to find it and i think this is where he'll find it. Jones by desicion. hopefully by KO.
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even though as I say Jones is the greatest fighter Ive ever witnessed, Im gonna be realistic and vote for Calzaghe .

Jones is no longer at his best and since his relfexes slowed he has relied alot on laying on the roopes with his hands high and stiff . He may cause Joe problems early and it will be abit like the Hopkins fight in the respect that Joe has to comeback but I think his workrate and volumes in the later rounds are too much for Jones to match and Joe takes it on points .

ICB Guest

Jones still has the speed but not the stamina check out when he fought Hanshaw he had him out on his feet and floored him, but didn't even throw 4 punches after that knockdown for the entire round. Jones can only fight for 1 minute of a round i hope its enough though and Jones finishes his career on a high because he deserves it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUE3NFhMdZo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Jones Jr is one of my favorites and i think he will knock Calzaghe down early in the fight with a straight right hand lead as he leaps in, but just like Hopkins he hasn't got the stamina anymore, plus he lays on the ropes too much which isn't a good thing against a combination puncher. I'll go with Jones just because he is my favorite fighter but Calzaghe is for certain the favorite.

Good that your supporting your man i just think people totally under-rate how good Calzaghe is a what he has accomplished in his career.

I always read that if this guy does this he beats Calzaghe for sure. People used to say hes beat no-one so he beats them then its Calzaghe hasnt beat anyone P4P now its Calzaghe hasnt beat anyone P4P prime.

Getting silly got to defend him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe by TKO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We can't really apply the trinidad fight as to were Jones is at the moment...If you watch the fight it's just a joke. Jones knows Tito can't hurt him so let's him hit him a few a times before unloading the occasional right hand.....Good business i suppose.

Regarding Jones fighting Joe...He obviously feels he can expose Calzaghes weaknesses i guess much the same way B-Hop tried to do....If B-Hop had tried anything other than move...right hand...move...right hand...move hold...head right hand.....we would have seen a much better fight in favour of Joe in my opinion.

Now if Jones goes in with the same idea I can see the same sort of fight a messy ud or sd for Joe but none the less deserved.

And as a result Joe will lose stature.people will say jones was a shot,shell of his former self and Joe should have done better...when in reality Jones will probably spoil hoping to pull out a decision.

I got Joe to win but i expect another messy fight.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Thread Information