Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do u train to get that one hitter quitter?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default how do u train to get that one hitter quitter?

how do u train to get that one hitter quitter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: how do u train to get that one hitter quitter?

man, thats a great way of putting one punch KO!
    depends. do you mean you land the first punch and KO them , or the first good punch you land?
    do you mean in the ring or in the street?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^I'd be interested in hearing both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wtf are u talking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok kiddies gather round and listen to uncle alex....
    nah but being serious.
    in the ring its generally about the positioning of the head. the blove provides a large area, increasing the strike surface and therefore the ffluid shock to the nerves,
    in the street its normally the accumiation of punches.

couple of helpers: in the ring, when your sweaty, wipe your gloves on your neck. youll get the surface moist. then wipe the gloves on your shorts when you get a moment, and punch to their eyes.
    when you wipe the sweat on your shorts you will leave the surface of the glove damp and grippy, ideal for tearing that tender skin around the eyes!

in the street, punch somone on their right eye. keep punching them in that eye, cause they wont be able to see. ive done this so many times.
    just punch people in their eyes, then you can have some fun with them.
    not to mention the fact that they wake up in the morning with some almighty shiners... EVERYONE CAN SEE YOUR HANDYWORK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree alex.

Another thing for the street: A flush shot right under the ear, a lil in toward the nose (the back of the jaw bone). if landed correctly, it's lights out. I learned that from a cop who does it with an open hand and uses the bottom groove on the palm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AKA a rabbit punch matey
    well thats what i call it anywho
    thats where all your nerves passages are to your brain

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One punch power is the most ridiculous term in boxing; unfortunately it appeals to guys that once wrote about pro-wrestling. Now these mags and all say "one punch power" like it comes standard. It is a curious thing because any pro can score a one punch ko; they all spend hour after hour practicing punching things, but throughout boxing history how many serious, consistent one punch threats have there really been? And among that number a sizable percentage will be guys like Ricardo Lopez who used brain power to set them up, or Terry Norris , who had seven I believe, who was primarily known for hand speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm no expert, but from my life experiences, one hit knock outs are a combination of your ability to properly throw a punch, and you're opponents inability to recieve one. Even a relatively weak puncher can knock out a guy with a relatively good chin given the right circumstances. I'd say the great majority of the one hit KOs are on counterpunches. When your opponent is coming in with his chin up, and you land one clean on his jaw, no amount of training will stop those lights from going out.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes have to agree with the above two posts, if you want to improve your power and prospects of knocking people out you need to improve all areas, become a fitter, stronger, better boxer. As Ive said before, natural punchers are natural punchers long before they step foot inside a boxing gym IMO.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

trying to define it is hard, but heres me veiw:

the punch needs to be:

unnoticed by your opponent: if they dont see the punch coming they dont have time to prepare. this means a number of things, in that their chin will be in the wrong position (generally)

When the punch collides with your opponents head, the direction the head moves in comparison to the body and neck.
    you ideally want to be snapping their head from side to side, as this will temporarily cut off their nerve endings, aswell as some of the oxygen supply to their brain, causing them to basically pass out.
    The nerve ending sometimes add hilarity, look at the zab judah dance...

the speed and power of the punch are the factors which control the 2 above mentioned.
    speed allows unnoticed/unprepared for punches, and power adds to the sudden jerking of the head.

its also important to follow through your punch as it hits its target, aimint to punch to the back of the head, but once you have connected you need to get that hand out of there.
    not only for defensive reasons, but leaving your punch out disperses the enegry of the punch, reducing the force. youll end up with more of a push than a punch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can you make your chin stronger against punches or is it just a natural ability to take a strong punch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you sure as hell can, called head raises. wear your boxing helmet, and using thick string tie a weight to you helmet.
    then slowly lift and lower your head. this is strengthening your neck muscles, which aid in your ability to take pnches

nothing works as well as a solid defense though

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For street: try not to get into street figts, it messes up your hands and you get into trouble with the law. I made the mistake 3 weeks ago of knocking out this little $hit who had hurt my little brother one year ago. He thought he was going to get away with it, I had it made up in my mind that he deserved two good punches and only two. So I jabbed him once and followed through with the right knocking him out cold. The only problem is I hit him in the damn mouth, knocking out a tooth and looseing a few others. So I got arrested and now me and my family must pay for his med bills. I also felt bad after ward because my intention was not to knock any teeth out. Bad situation. Avoid street fights. Also I am prob gonna have a permenant scar on my right middle knuckle from it too. I aint braggin neither, far from it, the kid was 3 years my junior. Knocking people out aint all its cracked up to be.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    For street: try not to get into street figts, it messes up your hands and you get into trouble with the law. I made the mistake 3 weeks ago of knocking out this little $hit who had hurt my little brother one year ago. He thought he was going to get away with it, I had it made up in my mind that he deserved two good punches and only two. So I jabbed him once and followed through with the right knocking him out cold. The only problem is I hit him in the damn mouth, knocking out a tooth and looseing a few others. So I got arrested and now me and my family must pay for his med bills. I also felt bad after ward because my intention was not to knock any teeth out. Bad situation. Avoid street fights. Also I am prob gonna have a permenant scar on my right middle knuckle from it too. I aint braggin neither, far from it, the kid was 3 years my junior. Knocking people out aint all its cracked up to be.
    Yeah and plus if they hit there head on the concrete then its murder or manslaughter.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Thread Information