Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Running in a vinyl sweat suit...Does it work?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Running in a vinyl sweat suit...Does it work?

What kind of results will i see if i run in a sweat suit, nylon or vinyl? I want to lose about 15lbs. in 4-6 weeks...will a sweat suit help me see those results? Is it safe in this hot humid weather?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Running in a vinyl sweat suit...Does it work?

yes it will work, is it safe, personally i think it's not safe in this humid weather, might as well try indoors on treadmills and be supervised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you losing this to make weight for a fight? Or to actually lose permanent weight?

Will the suit not just make you sweat more, making you lose water weight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you're thinking about using a suit for losing fat then no. Vinyl suits are for making you sweat, which loses water weight fast to make weigh ins(I hate them enough for that, losing that is hard on your body and makes you tired for a match).
    Hi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^^ I agree with the above. It may make you lose weight temporarily for a weigh in, but inreality terms, as soon as you have a glass of water after your run you're putting back into your body about the same amount that you sweat out...

Another advantage of the suits though (which doesn't relate to weight loss) is that a lot of toxins get stored in your skin and stay their longer than in your bloodstream,,, so sweating a good amount each day helps to keep your body fresh and free from gunk.. If you have a night out and smoke a heap of cigarettes you wouldn't usually smoke, going for a run and working up a sweat helps detoxify yourself.... So running in a suit that makes you sweat more can be quite beneficial to you, but you'll want to keep toping yourself up with fluids or you'll just dehydrate yourself. Which is no good for anyone, before a fight or otherwise..
    And most diets i've read recommend drinking a lot of water to help lose weight, so trying to sweat the weight off and keeping your body constantly low on fluids won't help your weight loss...
    Eating a low fat meal at lunch compared to one of average fat content would probably help you lose more weight than 2 weeks of running every day in the sweat suit...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Thread Information