Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joshua Clottey

If Clottey get past Judah where does he go after that match Does he get the Margarito Rematch that he was guaranteed or does he have to work his way up more before another major title shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua Clottey

Not that im saying he will beat judah and i know i want zab to win on saturday..

But its for the vacant ibf welterweight title and worry not the winner of the fight will have no shortage of challengers im sure of that
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Zab alot but i feel like either he doesn't take the sport serious or he's just not able to make it in the top ranks. I feel like if Clottey didn't break his hand he def had Margarito and Zab being champ wouldn't last i dont think but clottey and be a champ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey seems to have lost his desire his last few fights; and Judah is just a mental meltdown waiting to happen. Is it me alone or does it seem this is just 2 gatekeepers fighting for the top spot to play guard dog and keep an eye on that gate Not trying to be disrespectful, but really where do they go after this? Berto will probably get the winner of this fight. I'm pulling for Clottey though; as I admit I gave up on Zab
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would definitely like to see Clottey win and eventually get a rematch with Margarito. Clottey's chin is just as durable and I'd like to see what Margarito does in the latter rounds against a guy who doesn't crack after he's thrown 100+ punches over several rounds.

I'm not worried about Zab. I'm expecting him to take the early rounds, fade and get dominated. Clottey is not as fast as Judah, but he's no slow-poke, either.
    Oops

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Clottey seems to have lost his desire his last few fights; and Judah is just a mental meltdown waiting to happen. Is it me alone or does it seem this is just 2 gatekeepers fighting for the top spot to play guard dog and keep an eye on that gate Not trying to be disrespectful, but really where do they go after this? Berto will probably get the winner of this fight. I'm pulling for Clottey though; as I admit I gave up on Zab

Im not a fan of either Zab or Clottey but I just hate that term "Gatekeeper" and I know you are not saying it to be disrepectful, but people were calling TOni the gatekeeper up until Saturday, so you really cant count anyone out.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post

Im not a fan of either Zab or Clottey but I just hate that term "Gatekeeper" and I know you are not saying it to be disrepectful, but people were calling TOni the gatekeeper up until Saturday, so you really cant count anyone out.
    Yeah, I hate the word gatekeeper, and was vocal about Tony not being labeled one had he lost to Cotto, so maybe it was a poor choice of words. But in all honesty; I can't think of a better word for Judah or Clottey This could be a real good fight though, as it is a must win for both IMO.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my opinion as a fan of zab's too much has been made of the way he apparently 'fades' towards the end of fights..

because in my opinion he got caught moving backwards with his hands down in the tzsyu fight.. and had an off night and yes faded due to stamina issues in the baldomir fight..

as far as the rest goes people say like it was zabs fault he faded for the rest..

when you fight miguel cotto you get beaten you go to war and the body work is going to slow you down.. that happens and both fought well in my opinion..

as far as the floyd fight zab gave floyd one of his toughest and he didnt fade atall.. floyds whole thing is strategy and ring smarts.. He adjusts during fights and this is why he never looses..

floyd adjusted later in the fight, used good body work.. and over the 12 rounds grabbed enough rounds..

If zab can just box a little more and keep his patience the knock outs will come when he sets up the clean punches.. we all seen the zab coming up undefeated who wanted the knockout and blew his guys out in a round..
    but if zab can lay back and box he is still young and fit and the wins will come and he will look good..

guess we will just see this is a great opportunity for zab to get back on top get some gold and do it right and finish up on top by taking the right fights and showing maturity and allowing people to see how really good he is.. because at present he has underachieved for someone so talented.
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information