Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I say ODLH beats Margarito or Cotto

I've always felt ODLH would beat Cotto because he is bigger,faster, and far more durable with a similar level of skills. Cotto might have had a chance with that deadly body arsenal, but besides that Oscar has the better, longer jab, he didn't get to show how hard he lands that left hook against Forbes and Mayweather because their style specifically blocks that punch, however his left hooks that landed against Mayorga were harder then any punch I've seen Cotto ever land. I love Cotto, but this fight also would be all wrong for him because Oscar is a very similar fighter to him, but twice as big(not actually, but close).

The Margarito fight would be closer, simply because Oscar wears down late in fights, but if he fought a similar fight as he employed against Mayorga I think he could go 12 strong rounds, and I don't see Margarito being able to wear Oscar down in 12 rounds. Oscar is very fast, and can land that left hook to devastating effect. If you watch Margarito against both Cotto and Cintron not to take anything away from his chin, but by putting his opponents on their back foot he really stops them from throwing their hardest punches because nobody throws as hard going backwards. However Oscar has that wonderful jab would be able to create a little distance because I saw when Cotto came forward behind his jab that Margarito was letting him a little bit, and while Cotto just backs up after throwing a combination I think Oscar would keep this fighting the middle of the ring because he has the strength, durability, and skillset to do that. Margarito was a sparing partner of Oscar's which a fighter usually only keeps if a fighter is good enough to push them, but not good enough to beat the shit out of them(except Ali).

Anyways I could see Oscar being WW champion if he really wanted to persue with the intensity he persued Mayorga or Mayweather with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I say ODLH beats Margarito or Cotto

Anyone? This is jsut my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great observation, but i don't agree that he can beat Margarito. I'm not ready to make Margarito the next best thing just because he be Cotto. Even before the fight i think he would have beaten Oscar that's why he stayed away from him when he was calling him out. I just thing he is to big and strong for ODLH . He is too far removed from the fighter he was years ago to beat him. Now i for one thought that if ODLH fought Cotto i think he will destroy him. His boxing ability is just to much for Cotto and it might sound crazy, but i think Oscar is stronger than him too also faster. Cotto's boxing ability has gotten better but if he was to fight Oscar i think he would give Cotto a boxing lesson he would never forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar is pretty strong, I mean he stayed there physically with Mayorga who is a very strong 154 pounder, who actually is pretty similar to Margarito. I mean when Mayorga fought Trinidad, Felix couldn't hurt him with head shots so he went to the body to take Mayorga out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i feel you on that but the fact of the matter is Mayorga we love him basically for his out the ring antics. He has great stamina, and can take a punch. He hits hard when he lands, but He can't fight to save his life. His stance is funny, and he throws the widest punches i ever seen in my life. He kinda fight like that retard that knocked Vivan Harris out, Carlos Maussa. Also he hasn't won a fight of any importance since he beat Vernon Forest. I hear your points though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ODH fought at middle I don't think Margo is bigger than him.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he beats both at 154

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by straight down the pike View Post
    i feel you on that but the fact of the matter is Mayorga we love him basically for his out the ring antics. He has great stamina, and can take a punch. He hits hard when he lands, but He can't fight to save his life. His stance is funny, and he throws the widest punches i ever seen in my life. He kinda fight like that retard that knocked Vivan Harris out, Carlos Maussa. Also he hasn't won a fight of any importance since he beat Vernon Forest. I hear your points though.
    That sounds like Margarito to me. I love the fact that Mayorga took like 3 left hooks from Trinidad with his hands down. I can't remember if it stunned him or not, but I would be willing to bet it would stun anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taeth....

You seem to read my mind...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Cotto fight would be closer than Teath thinks IMO. Oscar wouldn't do nearly enough of the things he has to at this point in his career.

Also, Margarito would turn Oscars face inside out. For the same reasons.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A peak Oscar in early 2000 yes but not now. I feel he would be weight drained and be ineffective against Margarito.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    I've always felt ODLH would beat Cotto because he is bigger,faster, and far more durable with a similar level of skills. Cotto might have had a chance with that deadly body arsenal, but besides that Oscar has the better, longer jab, he didn't get to show how hard he lands that left hook against Forbes and Mayweather because their style specifically blocks that punch, however his left hooks that landed against Mayorga were harder then any punch I've seen Cotto ever land. I love Cotto, but this fight also would be all wrong for him because Oscar is a very similar fighter to him, but twice as big(not actually, but close).

The Margarito fight would be closer, simply because Oscar wears down late in fights, but if he fought a similar fight as he employed against Mayorga I think he could go 12 strong rounds, and I don't see Margarito being able to wear Oscar down in 12 rounds. Oscar is very fast, and can land that left hook to devastating effect. If you watch Margarito against both Cotto and Cintron not to take anything away from his chin, but by putting his opponents on their back foot he really stops them from throwing their hardest punches because nobody throws as hard going backwards. However Oscar has that wonderful jab would be able to create a little distance because I saw when Cotto came forward behind his jab that Margarito was letting him a little bit, and while Cotto just backs up after throwing a combination I think Oscar would keep this fighting the middle of the ring because he has the strength, durability, and skillset to do that. Margarito was a sparing partner of Oscar's which a fighter usually only keeps if a fighter is good enough to push them, but not good enough to beat the shit out of them(except Ali).

Anyways I could see Oscar being WW champion if he really wanted to persue with the intensity he persued Mayorga or Mayweather with.
    All that is predicated on if Oscar could make 147, which he can't. Maybe you're driving with gas if Oscar could lure either guy up to 154. As it stands, what DLH does is murderous to make weight at JMW.
    Oops

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ODLH is too big and powerful for either of them

LONG LIVE THE GOLDEN BOY

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the first thread I see where not so much crap is thrown to ODLH .
    Anyways, its interesting how when a figher looses as bad as Cotto people just don’t see them as great as before. If we go back a few weeks ago we can see threads about how Cotto was the biggest thing out there, the most feared, the greatest ever, etc. And after last weekend people finally start to admit he can loose against X, Y, and Z, and even mention his weaknesses which I sometimes felt it was forbidden to mention.
    Good point Taeth.

Thread Information