Default Full Planche pushups...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Full Planche pushups...!

supposedly that is not a hard trick, but ten that was from a gymnast not a regular human...adding a push up and that must be hard on the core...good find

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    supposedly that is not a hard trick, but ten that was from a gymnast not a regular human...adding a push up and that must be hard on the core...good find
    If your body is in good shape, it's just a question of endurance and training your body's CNS to be able hold that position.

I suppose you would gradually practice holding other planche positions until you can move onto the planche pushup position. It's impressive to see, but it's not going to help a boxer out.
    Last edited by Chris Nagel; 08-10-2008 at 04:52 PM.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While on the topic of push ups, I have added a lot more clap push ups to my regime. The thinking is that they help build fast twitch muscle response...therefore helping increase handspeed. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you mean "regimen".

There's no problem as long as you concentrate on technique and speed, and avoid doing them when your muscles are fatigued. It won't transform you into a fast-twitch muscle bazooka but it helps.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nagel View Post

There's no problem as long as you concentrate on technique and speed, and avoid doing them when your muscles are fatigued. It won't transform you into a fast-twitch muscle bazooka but it helps.
    I actually run a whole 3rd world country, and make all of my underlings do that stuff. We`re still building our army. (wow, I spend too much time in the hidden forums )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nagel View Post

I actually run a whole 3rd world country, and make all of my underlings do that stuff. We`re still building our army. (wow, I spend too much time in the hidden forums )
    Get out of it before it's too late: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMYISZjwgI8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While on the topic of push ups, I have added a lot more clap push ups to my regime. The thinking is that they help build fast twitch muscle response...therefore helping increase handspeed. Thoughts?
    Rossboxing/rosstraining has lots of this type of stuff. They're supposed to be great for explosiveness.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
    Rossboxing/rosstraining has lots of this type of stuff. They're supposed to be great for explosiveness.
    Yea, that is basically why I added them. Hoping to improve both explosiveness and hand speed. I think I have gone as far as I want with strength training for now, and just wish to maintain. So the next logical step is improving other facets. I tried some of the push ups you started this post on, and I can say with certainly...gymnastics is not in my future haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea, that is basically why I added them. Hoping to improve both explosiveness and hand speed. I think I have gone as far as I want with strength training for now, and just wish to maintain. So the next logical step is improving other facets. I tried some of the push ups you started this post on, and I can say with certainly...gymnastics is not in my future haha.
    Its still strength training, just a different kind of strength.

You should look into Combat Conditioning. Its all body weight exercises. There are many kinde of push ups, bodyweight squats and neck strengthening exercises, and i think it would be really good for boxers. I have a couple of thte videos i can hook you up with.

Also you need to start doing pull ups (LOL no im never going to stop telling you that) because they really are the best thing ever for building raw strength.

Thread Information