Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sweat Runs????

Whats the best way 2 do them?,iv'e heard and been told diffrent ways.I used 2 go out 4 about a hour and run just over a fast walking pace and stay at that pace.Not drink any fluids whilst on the run or 4 20mins afterwards,and not eat 4 40mins afterwards.Is it best 2 do them 1st thing in the morning on a empty stomach? How many lbs can u expect 2 lose on 1 sweat run? Would much appreaciate as much facts/opinion on them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sweat Runs????

Hi njackets.

Speaking of which, I just got back from a shirt-soaking run and I'm now feeling happy enough to shed some of it here.

I just went for a 3.5 mile run which took me 26 minutes. My time wasn't bad considering that much of it was cross country and over a lot of hills. The biggest thing for me was my heart rate for the most part after the first mile hovered just below 175, topping out at 186 (which left me feeling like I got nailed in the stomach).

I believe it's about pushing your heart rate up to higher levels that really gets the sweat glands pumpings, that's why you're more apt to break a sweat after running a fast clip more than you would during a long and slow jog.

It's even easier to break a sweat when you are running in the early afternoon because of the heat, and even more so if you're living in a humid-ball-sweaty place such as the Philippines or Florida.

Some guys opt for a sauna suit which is basically plastic pajamas that cause the average dude to sweat more than a plumber's asscrack in hell. The idea is that besides getting you to expell every ounce of water in your body, it will also allow you to burn more calories of fat as an effect of making your body warmer.

I wouldn't recommend that unless what you need calls for drastic measures. I'd say that your money would be better spent in a heart rate monitor and finding someone that can teach you how to run fast and injury free.

Also don't run early on the morning on an empty stomach, after several hours without food, your body is in catabolic (eats itself) mode if it doesn't have any other fuel to go by. Usually you want to avoid a lot og salt in your diet by staying away from food and softdrinks that are loaded with sodium. Warming up before your run is important and helps get a good sweat going, and even more important is learning how to run properly.

Once you can run alright, there's a lot of different programs that are worth doing.
    Last edited by Chris Nagel; 08-04-2008 at 12:06 AM.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good stuff Chris ! ! ! !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks 4 your help mate! Haven't got a problem with running mate,im actually a fitness instructer in the Army,so im not that clueless! Im not sure thats the correct tequnique,everyone iv'e ever known do a sweat run has kept the pace low,keeping the heart rate at the same sort of level and has gone out 4 at least 40mins,1st thing in the morning,anyone else got anything else?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris thats superb advice
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One little point,Your Metobalisam takes four hours after you have woken up to reach its optimun level for working at extremes.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've long been a practicioner of early morning runs.
    If you do use these, I'd reccomend a little whey protein or even creatine is used as those runs can wear you down and result in strains and injuries.

In order to get a really good sweat up try warming up with a couple of minutes sprint skipping to get the heart rate up.
    Last edited by donnydarkoIRL; 08-05-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Wording

Thread Information