Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heres your Zen training for the year.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Heres your Zen training for the year.

[quote=Trainer Monkey;581941]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    "Winning a battle is not a success,it is a failure at negotiation"
    wow thats a fair bit deeper than it first appears! It even brings into account what should be held as the first priority amongst men.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    I not sure if its from the art of war ?
    But I read one that stated A small country can overtake a large country by declaring war then surrendering... True when you look at Japans fall then her rise and the USA's cost of rebuliding her and now her leading world market.
    No, that's from pacfan's art of 'letting it be and letting go.' When the Japanese tried hard they failed, but when they let go (surrendered), they succeeded, simple as that.

You can only give something up to the extent that you own it.
    Funny but that's particularly true for those people, counsellors or advisors giving advices on various media. If you look at some of their lives, they're probably no different from most people, with their shares of same, worldly problems which they can't handle, but which they try to solve for others. Strange but true, it's always easier to solve other's problem than your own, if you get my drift...
    Its also very true if want to take the dis of ease in disease.But can go one step further than lettingit be; If you actually give thanks that it is in you and learn to love firstly the lesson it brings, or the warning, or the forced changes to your life, or your thoughts, or your new standpoint then increase it and join it all up into sending self love into the problem area instead of fear, the friction is then removed and the there is no fight.
    Your body/mind can heal itself with greater ease because you realize that you one way or another allow it in at the onset. Then you no longer belive in some external secret force that has landed this onto you.
    No fight = no blame= no victum.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=Andre;582161]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    "Winning a battle is not a success,it is a failure at negotiation"
    wow thats a fair bit deeper than it first appears! It even brings into account what should be held as the first priority amongst men.
    It could even be failure to negotiate with yourself, in that why are you personally needing to battle in the first place...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its also very true if want to take the dis of ease in disease.But can go one step further than lettingit be; If you actually give thanks that it is in you and learn to love firstly the lesson it brings, or the warning, or the forced changes to your life, or your thoughts, or your new standpoint then increase it and join it all up into sending self love into the problem area instead of fear, the friction is then removed and the there is no fight.
    Your body/mind can heal itself with greater ease because you realize that you one way or another allow it in at the onset. Then you no longer belive in some external secret force that has landed this onto you.
    No fight = no blame= no victum.
    Exactly. You answered it yourself. First you let go of the friction and then the belief that some external force... You see, there are so many mental blocks in our imperfect self that we have to release or let go all of them before you become completely free - free from bondage, be it disease, addiction, hatred, prejudice, etc. When we let go of them, all the good things automatically sets in, like love, faith, ease, etc. That's why, you have to ultimately let go of all these burdens in your heart with whatever way it takes - as you say sending self love - before you become the true you, the you that God ultimately intended you or us to be. And as the masters say, when you let go or take away all these burdens, ki or chi will start to flow freely in your body as there is nothing more to block its flow...

But... sometimes, the first step for letting go is just letting it be. When you let something be, that means you are not trying to fight it off which only reinforces itself but just letting it be, and when you do that, the pressure or friction starts to go away little by little until ultimately you can let go or remove it...
    Last edited by pacfan; 08-17-2008 at 04:44 PM.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=Dizaster;582212]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    It could even be failure to negotiate with yourself, in that why are you personally needing to battle in the first place...
    Too right.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To all,"The Art Of War" is mandatory reading if you wish to engage in anything martial
    It amazes me to this day,how much he understood even then,we may have computers and technology,but he had common sense
    Which has been often proven,is none too common

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...talking of ki, when I was in deep meditation one night, I released all the loads on my body and soul, and so feeling nice and light, with only pleasant light surrounding me, I suddenly felt something surge inside me, tingling my body. So I thought, aha, this must be the ki energy! So I went to the kitchen and got myself a nice, shiny spoon and immediately went back to my couch and got myself again in my lotus position, holding on to my spoon. Then I started to put my mind into the spoon waiting it to bend - yes you heard it right, bend. Then...

...I must have dozed off. Where were we Andre? ah, back to work...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a vision...

Here's another one of my visions during my deep meditation session, the latest one. Not very sure about this one but just decided to put it up anyway 'cause who knows, right? Here goes:

I had a vision, somewhere in the east, most likely Japan, or maybe Philippines, or others. I saw land and building shaking, an earthquake perhaps but not sure. At any rate, it was an earth and building shaking turmoil, perhaps not a catastrophe but something significant nevertheless...

This one is probably another earthquake but the reason it made me doubt a bit is that unlike the usual earthquake vision, I knew it was coming in advance, sort of like with a countdown, 5..4..3..2..1, where usually, like an earthquake in real life, it comes unexexpected... Give it a month or so, and if it didn't happen, call it a dud. I'll give it 49%...
    Last edited by pacfan; 08-20-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Thread Information