Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: punching with pinky up

Salty this is only me talking here,so take it or leave it.
    I tend to only try to think of stuff out of the square that works only on certain occasions that present themselves; not a do this every time type of poster.
    Like Von says to teach anything other than the basics to people to start with isnt going to help them at all if anything it will fuk them over.
    For me the vertical fist thumb up shoudnt ever be actually vertical cause its few benifits work on the 45 angle much better. Used to fit into the side of the neck and across the opponents low arm to the heart ,its benifitial at the right distance only if you have gained the correct angle. The elbow down can block and attack at the same time in some of those situations over the outside of an arm. Size and reach of yourself compared to your opponent is a big factor as is their form and reaction to your jabs.
    Horizontal jab is more suited to boxing and its easier to to react off it to someone of the same or taller height that is also fighting high; its also better for outside fighting and distance work but comes unstuck when over reaching as the vertical doesnt if used at the right time against a smaller opponent who tires to make your ribs pay. Getting combinations off of a vertical jab is difficult than off horizontal jabs and it leaves openings for longer so you have to be on the move and know where your heading to make it work for you and not for them in the adjustment.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Salty this is only me talking here,so take it or leave it.
    I tend to only try to think of stuff out of the square that works only on certain occasions that present themselves; not a do this every time type of poster.
    Like Von says to teach anything other than the basics to people to start with isnt going to help them at all if anything it will fuk them over.
    For me the vertical fist thumb up shoudnt ever be actually vertical cause its few benifits work on the 45 angle much better. Used to fit into the side of the neck and across the opponents low arm to the heart ,its benifitial at the right distance only if you have gained the correct angle. The elbow down can block and attack at the same time in some of those situations over the outside of an arm. Size and reach of yourself compared to your opponent is a big factor as is their form and reaction to your jabs.
    Horizontal jab is more suited to boxing and its easier to to react off it to someone of the same or taller height that is also fighting high; its also better for outside fighting and distance work but comes unstuck when over reaching as the vertical doesnt if used at the right time against a smaller opponent who tires to make your ribs pay. Getting combinations off of a vertical jab is difficult than off horizontal jabs and it leaves openings for longer so you have to be on the move and know where your heading to make it work for you and not for them in the adjustment.
    Thanks mate! It really stuffed up my double jab, the second just seemed to be lazy with no snap no matter what I did. So yeah I think i'm going to go back to twisting the hand again and only using the thumb up in the odd occasion
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This also helps defence.

Thread Information