Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What's the chances of Cotto/Tony- Floyd now

I still believe that Floyd will be tempted out of retirement and if Cotto had beaten Tony then I think that Floyd's ego would have got the better of him and they would have ended up fighting. Obviously that plan was ripped up when Tony beat Cotto in the fight of the year so far for me. So will we ever see Floyd in the ring with Cotto ? There has to be a rematch next year between Cotto and Tony if whoever comes out on top Floyd has to fight. How can he bear to stay away from boxing with ethier of these two taking all the spotlight ? If he was to come back and beat one of these two that would cement his greatness even further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What's the chances of Cotto/Tony- Floyd now

If PBF beats the winner of the rematch of Miguel-Tony, I'd make him an all-time great IMO. Considering PBF is not a big welter in anyway.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    If PBF beats the winner of the rematch of Miguel-Tony, I'd make him an all-time great IMO. Considering PBF is not a big welter in anyway.
    I believe that if Cotto fights Tony in the second fight, the way Floyd would go about it, Cotto could win.

We all seen Cotto can box. Most of you had no idea Cotto can box.
    We all seen Cotto has mad speed and combos. Most of you had no idea Cotto can flurry.
    We all seen Cotto is not as chinny as most thought, including myself (Cotto took his share of hard shots) I thought Cotto was going to get knocked out in the 5th before the fight of course. So not as chinny as I thought

Things that would need to change in order for Miguel to beat Tony?

20' ring
    Miguel Running and jabbing all night long
    Not staying on the ropes ever
    Not trying to knock out Tony this time because damn it he tried and he tried but Tony is made of iron

Cotto can beat Tony like Ray Leonard beat Duran in their second fight. (I would not call that a beating though) because it wasnt.
    It would be a boring fight but that is the only way Cotto can beat Tony. We all know Floyd would have to go about it the same way because ain't no way PBF can knock out Tony either.

I am not sure who would run more, Miguel in his second fight against Tony or PBF against Tony if they ever met in the ring but my guess is PBF would not throw as many shots as Miguel did against Margarito back in June. Miguel threw more combos against Margarito than I have ever seen Cotto throw against anyone, which was rather impressive because I knew he could do this but it's something he hardly ever does

Cotto can out box Tony with less effort if he saves his energy and only steals rounds (save the flurries for the last 20 seconds)

I would like to see Cotto vs PBF both have speed and some great fighting qualities.

I would not get my hopes up. The Welter weight division is much too dangerous right now for Floyd and he should just stay retired so that he does not get exposed, besides, Floyd is boring as phuk and is one of the biggest assholes this sport has ever produced

JT is right about one thing, as of late.... Cotto sure does have a hard time holding his phuking mud.
    lmao.
    Funny stuff JT. but true
    Last edited by SigmaMu; 08-13-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe that if Cotto fights Tony in the second fight, the way Floyd would go about it, Cotto could win.
    We all seen Cotto can box. Most of you had no idea Cotto can box.
    We all seen Cotto has mad speed and combos. Most of you had no idea Cotto can flurry.
    I actually didn't have an idea he would end up like that against an guy IN HIS PRIME.
    It would be a boring fight but that is the only way Cotto can beat Tony. We all know Floyd would have to go about it the same way because ain't no way PBF can knock out Tony either.
    I don't see PBF knocking out Tony, maybe Cotto, maybe, but not Tony. It wouldn't be the most exciting fight to see Cotto running around but it is not illegal in boxing.
    I am not sure who would run more, Miguel in his second fight against Tony or PBF against Tony if they ever met in the ring but my guess is PBF would not throw as many shots as Miguel did against Margarito back in June.
    Probably not as many punches as Cotto but I would expect Floyd's punches to be more accurate and fast.
    Miguel threw more combos against Margarito than I have ever seen Cotto throw against anyone, which was rather impressive because I knew he could do this but it's something he hardly ever does
    I think it looked impressive because Tony didn't move at all so he got all of the punches. If it was a guy who had lateral movements (like early Tyson) or head movements, it would have not be seen the same way. Punch a sandbag and you will look impressive. Punch a sandbag that is moving around and you won't be seen as cool.
    Cotto can out box Tony with less effort if he saves his energy and only steals rounds (save the flurries for the last 20 seconds)
    Yep!
    I would like to see Cotto vs PBF both have speed and some great fighting qualities.
    Do you really think Floyd and Cotto have the same speed and other qualities? The only thing I can give Cotto the edge is probably punching power.
    I would not get my hopes up. The Welter weight division is much too dangerous right now for Floyd and he should just stay retired so that he does not get exposed
    "Dangerous for Floyd"? Tsk tsk tsk. Not as dangerous as it is for Cotto. His flaws/weaknesses get exposed in every fight against guys not in their primes or journeymen and then we have him face a guy IN HIS PRIME and look what happened. Floyd is yet to show a clear weakness/flaw. Even with his closest fights (Castillo I and ODLH), he didn't look bad regardless of the questionable decisions.
    besides, Floyd is boring as phuk
    Sure, but weren't you suggesting Cotto to fight that way too a few lines ago?
    and is one of the biggest assholes this sport has ever produced
    That, I have to agree. But what he does in the ring is something else. Guy has talent.

Thread Information