Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nutritionist

Thanks to the health insurance money that comes out of my pay every fortnight I am sometimes offered special deals etc on particular services by my health insurance provider.

This month members are getting a free appointment with a nutritionist.

Thing is I just want to go in there and make the most of one appointment because I'm unlikely to pay to go back again.

What do most people do to make the most of these things?

Should I be making up a diary of my food and exercise etc for a week or two before I go in there?

Any advice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nutritionist

Yes, make a journal showing your workouts. Also what and when you eat in relation to your workouts and try to add anything else that could be helpfull like how you felt after a workout and what not.

Its hard to say what he/she will want or find usefull because every nutritionist is different.

Other than that just be sure to list your goals and any questions you have before going in so you dont neglect to mention them.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If youve got a freebie,take it,and let me know,but I agree,bring in a journal

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember to study your counterpart. Of course bring all of your info., but as we have discerned...if it is a male, his brain is likely wired differently. Get to the facts, quick! (or he'll start daydreaming about golf, or beers at the bar later, or...)

If it is female, go on with your detailed analysis and she'll likely listen to concerns, facts, and have the ability to make a focused and proper response.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Sharla,

I thionk it would be a good idea to log your training regime and your meal times.
    Perhaps record your typical diet alongside your injuries, feelings of tiredness etc.

Identify your goals. Do you want to build muscle or tone or gain strength etc.?

Just have your current regime at hand and propose to the nutritionist what you want to achieve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Hey Sharla,

I thionk it would be a good idea to log your training regime and your meal times.
    Perhaps record your typical diet alongside your injuries, feelings of tiredness etc.

Identify your goals. Do you want to build muscle or tone or gain strength etc.?

Just have your current regime at hand and propose to the nutritionist what you want to achieve.
    Isnt this what i said?? :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks guys all good suggestions!

Youngblood i really hadn't even begun to think about the personality of the nutritionist involved! I'm glad you got me thinking about it!

I'm wondering if (taking into account what you've said) I might actually be better off looking for a female nutritionist to take into account all the little details!

Rather than a male who might be tempted to stereotype me and assume I just have goals more typical of a young woman (to be anorexic looking) - I admit a really common Q/comment for me when I tell men I box has always been "so you do boxercise classes - how often - once a week?"

I'm also wondering if there are standard blood tests people might ask to get done by a GP to see where my Fe, Ca, Zn etc etc levels are?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have thought a proper nutritionist who's gone to the trouble of studying for the qualification, would be bright enough to not stereotype his potential clients. It wouldn't really be in his own interests and i'm sure he knows that.

On the other hand, you never know - he could be crazy

Anyway definitely make sure you feel comfortable and relaxed with him. That's very important. Don't be afraid to ask him questions aswell. If you don't feel comfotable asking him stuff, then he isn't the guy for you.

Good luck with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I would have thought a proper nutritionist who's gone to the trouble of studying for the qualification, would be bright enough to not stereotype his potential clients. It wouldn't really be in his own interests and i'm sure he knows that.

Anyway definitely make sure you feel comfortable and relaxed with him. That's very important. Don't be afraid to ask him questions aswell. If you don't feel comfotable asking him stuff, then he isn't the guy for you.

Good luck with it
    it would be nice to think that but it hasn't been the case for male doctors and chiropractors in the past so??

I'm a small, petite, quietly spoken female so I always suprise people with my passtime - i don't fit any stereotypes.

Also boxing here is much more popular as a fitness craze than an actual sport - not even common for guys and it's not even a popular spectator sport most of at all.

I think Ricky Hatton would only be recognized by the occasional guy in Adelaide - Anthony Mundene might be more well known because he's Australian and controversial but overall boxing as a sport is minor here.

I guess that's just the natural conclusion people jump to.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

Good luck with it
    it would be nice to think that but it hasn't been the case for male doctors and chiropractors in the past so??

I'm a small, petite, quietly spoken female so I always suprise people with my passtime - i don't fit any stereotypes.

Also boxing here is much more popular as a fitness craze than an actual sport - not even common for guys and it's not even a popular spectator sport most of at all.

I think Ricky Hatton would only be recognized by the occasional guy in Adelaide - Anthony Mundene might be more well known because he's Australian and controversial but overall boxing as a sport is minor here.

I guess that's just the natural conclusion people jump to.
    That's too bad, to be fair i don't think over here, people's conceptions are all that different. My girlfriend is small, petite and pretty quite and i can imagine people's reaction if she told them she boxed.....she doesn't by the way, (she's way too small and girly) Just kidding. When are you planning on seeing the nutritionist?

Thread Information