Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khans opponent confirmed!

Amir Khan will face unbeaten Colombian Breidis Prescott at Manchester's MEN Arena on Saturday 6 September.
    Khan, who stopped Michael Gomez in June, will look to extend his unbeaten run to 19 fights since turning pro.
    The 21-year-old Bolton boxer will be defending his fringe intercontinental lightweight crown against an opponent who boasts 17 knockouts from 19 fights.
    Khan will fight on the same bill as Alex Arthur's WBO super-featherweight defence against Dagenham's Nicky Cook.
    Prescott's record reads well at first glance, with 14 of his fights ending inside three rounds, though his opponents have been of questionable quality and he is not ranked in the top 10 by any of the four major organisations.
    However Khan, ranked number two with the WBO and five by the WBC, said the 25-year-old would provide a real test.
    606: DEBATE

Even though the record might look impressive, he has been beating nobodies

kevchadders

"Prescott looks dangerous but he's just the kind of opponent I need at this stage of my career," he said.
    "He may have been knocking them out left right and centre, but I'm going to make him wake up and smell the coffee.
    "I've been working on my defensive skills with new coach Jorge Rubio, and it looks like Prescott will be testing out what I've been learning in the gym.
    "Along with my strength and conditioning coach, I'm also punching harder than ever before, and I think my offensive skills are going to win me this fight."
    Prescott, who has a height and reach advantage and has fought at light-welterweight before, predicts he can add another quick win to his record.
    "Khan is just a boy. I will knock him out," he said. Khan has also announced a 20-fight deal with Sky Box Office having ended his association with ITV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khans opponent confirmed!

Nice to see Khan really stepping it up

the guy has 3wks to get ready

And Khan is topping a PPV bill here in the UK

O dear.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unknown Columbian bangers are dangerous

Ask Miguel Cotto

20 fight deal? Shit he's nowhere near a title fight!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Khan gets KO'd off this nobody and fucks sky right up. They used to be quite good for boxing but they've let the amateurish Setanta take over and now they are putting Khan on PPV. What a joke!!!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This will be very interesting, although he has fought low level comp and has only 3 weeks, he is bigger than anyone Kahn has faced and has been active.

He is 6 foot and is naturally big, he has fought in the weight above and even though the opposition wasnt great, he has been doing the business on em so has decent power, he has fought twice this year the last being June so should be sharp and fit, 3 weeks aint the worst.

He is an unknown quantity and could turn out to make Kahn look a fool.

Hopefully he is the typical wild Columbian, if he stands back and lets Kahn settle he will get out boxed or at least outscored

Hopefully he comes roaring out with lots of punches and just walks right through Kahn, this could be the next coming of Duran, didnt Mayorga come out of nowhere and just batter Andrew Lewis?

Warren thinks he is doing Kahn a favour but the lack of resistance from his opponents is gonna hurt him here, look what Gomez did to him and we all know that was a shell of Gomez.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren is doing Khan no favors with his match making in Khans last few fights.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn i thought he was fighting Unbeaten John Murray instead.I seen it advertised on the net too!Lying bastards

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon this is a good opponent, hes big, young, undefeated, very active and has good power, hes also beaten 4 undefeated fighters, one had no bouts mind

I can smell an awesome upset with a highlight ko

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Breidis Prescott? Not that world beating house hold name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant find film of him anywhere.

Someone said to me he is slow and clumbsy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By Aaron Klein: Making his first appearance in the United States, undefeated Colombian lightweight knockout artist Breidis Prescott (19-0, 17 KOs) defeated former Cuban amateur star Richard Abril (10-1-1, 5 KOs) by a 10-round split decision on Friday night at the War Memorial Auditorium, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The final judges’ scores were 95-94, 97-92 for Prescott and 94-95 for Abril. I have no problems with the score whatsoever, because it looked as if Prescott, 25, narrowly pulled out the decision by at least a round. Despite his impressive knockout record, Prescott was unable to drop Abril, having to chase him for most of the fight as Abril seemed more content with trying to stay alive in the later rounds of the fight.

The first two rounds were fairly close, as both fighters landed almost equally. What wasn’t equal, however, was the power that they were putting on their shots, because Prescott was loading up constantly with shots to the body and head, winging big body shots and trying to take Abril out with every shot. Abril, not wanting to stand and trade with Prescott, stayed constantly on the move, flicking a jab in the face of Prescott and giving him problems with the movement.

For the most part, Prescott looked like a relative novice in trying to cut off the ring, seeming in part to be seeing a fighter with good boxing skills like Abril for the first time in his career. One look at Prescott’s boxing record tells the whole story, however, for in almost every case, the fighters have losing records which would account for why Prescott has had it so easy with scoring knockouts. Abril, however, wasn’t a one of those type fighters, having fought over a 100 bouts as an amateur in Cuban and he was much like a seasoned professional, albeit a tall slender one with little power.

Abril finally started fighting effectively in the 3rd and 4th rounds, tagging the slower Prescott with powerful right hands to the head, and jabs to the body. Prescott looked a step slow in seeing the punches, and never came close to blocking any of them. It was worrisome, because he was getting hit cleanly by them, and if Abril had a little more power on his shots, he might have been able to take Prescott out with something. Like his fellow countryman Edison Miranda, Prescott had poor defense and good power, and also a record full of relative stiffs.

Prescott pressured Abril constantly in rounds five through seven, tagging him with big shots and keeping him backing up almost continuously. Abril’s punch output dropped off considerably during this time, as he thought more of survival than on throwing any of his own shots. It’s unfortunate for him, because he essentially gave these rounds away and put himself into a position where he had to win the last three rounds of the fight or else risk losing to Prescott.

Abril did little in the next round, appearing to be on his way to losing it when Prescott landed a left hook low. The referee immediately stopped the action and deducted a point from Prescott, who would have won the round easily if not for that. As it was, the deduction made the round and even one.

Abril came back in the 9th and 10th rounds, moving well and tagging the slow-footed Prescott from the outside. Abril made it look so easy when he wanted to, it made me wonder why he had let up and given away the middle rounds of the fight, because he was simply a much better skilled fighter with far superior boxing skills than Prescott, who looked almost amateurish in comparison, when he wanted to.

This guy has fought 9 people that have not won a fight and 11 with losing records he also only has 3wks to get ready and in that time fly from South America to Britain.

Joker they want to charge 15.00 for this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sky are just see £ signs when they snapped up Khan i hope no one pays for his fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy he is fighting is a bit of a bum in his 19 fights most the people have god knows how many losses. But he does have 17 KO's so you never know as Amir doesn't have a great chin

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    This will be very interesting, although he has fought low level comp and has only 3 weeks, he is bigger than anyone Kahn has faced and has been active.

He is 6 foot and is naturally big, he has fought in the weight above and even though the opposition wasnt great, he has been doing the business on em so has decent power, he has fought twice this year the last being June so should be sharp and fit, 3 weeks aint the worst.

He is an unknown quantity and could turn out to make Kahn look a fool.

Hopefully he is the typical wild Columbian, if he stands back and lets Kahn settle he will get out boxed or at least outscored

Hopefully he comes roaring out with lots of punches and just walks right through Kahn, this could be the next coming of Duran, didnt Mayorga come out of nowhere and just batter Andrew Lewis?

Warren thinks he is doing Kahn a favour but the lack of resistance from his opponents is gonna hurt him here, look what Gomez did to him and we all know that was a shell of Gomez.
    LOL, I know you haven't seen him so you don't know but trust me, no. He's not even the next Mayorga.

He was on Friday Night Fights against that Abril guy. Abril moved and jabbed a lot (not so much jabbed a lot but moved a lot) so he probably wasn't the easiest guy to look good against but Prescott's slow, sloppy, etc. Hard to tell his power because he didn't land much clean. If Abril had just manned up and worked just a little bit more he would have won.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Khan loses it will be because he got caught and Prescott's power is real/Khan's chin is shit, other than that Khan is much much better. But who knows, he could get caught.

Thread Information