Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: With Hopkins probable retirement looming Jan. 15 2006, who will be the next year's middleweight king

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the Middleweight King of 06?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who will be the Middleweight King of 06?

I didn't put Sturm because of his relatively recent loss to De La Hoya, his youth, and the fact that he hasn't fought much outside of Germany. I consider him a rising prospect.

I didn't put Abraham up for the same reasons.

They are still in the mix though, I just didn't want to put more than 10 up there, for readability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kelly Pavlik will beat taylor for the title in 06 or 07

i picked jermaine on the poll ...then wished i had picked winky :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideX4
    Edouard beat taylor in the amatures and look what short work taylor made of him! Sturm will be in the same boat!
    Eduord aint got shat on Taylor. Sturm will not be in the same boat because Sturm aint his fookin sparring partner...I don't know if you've noticed (...which I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE NOT BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS ASSES STURM WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE MAN WHATSOEVER!) but Sturm aint the same fighter that he was in the Olympics.

He changed his style...Taylor has not. Put that in your pipe & smoke it.

Give Sturm some credit.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Edouard beat taylor in the amatures and look what short work taylor made of him! Sturm will be in the same boat!
    Eduord aint got shat on Taylor. Sturm will not be in the same boat because Sturm aint his fookin sparring partner...I don't know if you've noticed (...which I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE NOT BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS ASSES STURM WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE MAN WHATSOEVER!) but Sturm aint the same fighter that he was in the Olympics.

Give Sturm some credit.
    What has sturm done for me to give him credit besides getting beat by a bloated welterweight??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give Sturm some credit.
    What has sturm done for me to give him credit besides getting beat by a bloated welterweight??
    The same thing that Taylor has done. He has a great am career. He fought in the Olympics & he has a win over Taylor as Taylor does him. He also fought & held a middle weight title for quite sometime. Just because you don't know a fighter does'nt give you the right to automatically dismiss him just because you are limited on your proof.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give Sturm some credit.
    The same thing that Taylor has done. He has a great am career. He fought in the Olympics & he has a win over Taylor as Taylor does him. He also fought & held a middle weight title for quite sometime. Just because you don't know a fighter does'nt give you the right to automatically dismiss him just because you are limited on your proof.
    I don't dislike sturm, he just hasn't done anything and also lost to lil' oscar that was fat and sturm couldn't finish him and you know it! Taylor is the middleweight champ so you can't even compare the two anymore I bet you luv when I say that huh? But thats what friends are for right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't dislike sturm, he just hasn't done anything and also lost to lil' oscar that was fat and sturm couldn't finish him and you know it!
    Actually...you do dislike Sturm. You make it always obvious.

Taylor is the middleweight champ so you can't even compare the two anymore I bet you luv when I say that huh? But thats what friends are for right?[/glow]
    Actually, I love it when you say that...especially after watching Taylor this weekend. Because real friends do what I have been trying to do for you for the past year & that is to convince you that Taylor is going to lose to Bernard & Sturm & Winky.

I can compare Taylor to all of the above 3 names...because he has'nt beaten any of them. He just got the decision over Benard. He did'nt beat him down or DOMINATE him like you said. He was the one that got dominated...all the way into a concussion & all the way through the last 3 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't dislike sturm, he just hasn't done anything and also lost to lil' oscar that was fat and sturm couldn't finish him and you know it!
    Actually...you do dislike Sturm. You make it always obvious.

Taylor is the middleweight champ so you can't even compare the two anymore I bet you luv when I say that huh? But thats what friends are for right?[/glow]
    Actually, I love it when you say that...especially after watching Taylor this weekend. Because real friends do what I have been trying to do for you for the past year & that is to convince you that Taylor is going to lose to Bernard & Sturm & Winky.

I can compare Taylor to all of the above 3 names...because he has'nt beaten any of them. He just got the decision over Benard. He did'nt beat him down or DOMINATE him like you said. He was the one that got dominated...all the way into a concussion & all the way through the last 3 rounds.

He'll do even better next time, you'll see! ..and as for sturm, come on sturm hasn't proven anything but that he can get wooped by a blown overweight welterweight! Winky has proven alot I do agree, but not that he can be champ at 160, 154 yes but not 160!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How come this topic is supposed to be about who will be the top middle in 2006 and there are so many non middles
    eg
    PBF
    Kessler
    Calzaghe
    Lacy
    and some good middles missed out
    eg
    Eastman
    Sturm
    Soliman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record i voted for taylor, with winky a very very close second. Nearly too close 2 call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    How come this topic is supposed to be about who will be the top middle in 2006 and there are so many non middles
    eg
    PBF
    Kessler
    Calzaghe
    Lacy
    and some good middles missed out
    eg
    Eastman
    Sturm
    Soliman
    I thought the same thing but some people include jr and super middles too

mosley shouldnt be on the list as he said he wont fight above welter again.. i might see him fighting forrest there if forrest wont come down and he wants a rematch..besides that i dont see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky cant beat Tayler who will lose to B-Hop in the Rematch then retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As long as Taylor does not have anything devastating happen to him in the rematch I think that he will be the heir apparent. If the list is about jr., mid., and super I do not think that 1 champ can be singled out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tayler is as good as an old B-Hop Winky not a young Hopkins Winky cant touch that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DId it ever occur to u that Edouard was JErmain's sparring partner

Thread Information