38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Olympics: Boxing official suspended over feared 'manipulation'

Olympics: Boxing official suspended over feared 'manipulation'

AFP - August 22, 2008, 11:49 pm
    Olympics: Boxing official suspended over feared 'manipulation' 2008 Beijing Olympic Games - News - Yahoo!7 Sport

The International Boxing Association (AIBA) has suspended an official over "possible attempts of manipulation" at the Olympic Games, it said in a statement on Friday.
    Romanian technical delegate Rudel Obreja faces disciplinary charges over feared interference with the make-up of the fight judging panels.
    AIBA said it had caught wind of the possible scandal, involving its own staff and competition officials, two months before the Olympics and put in place "a number of steps" to stamp it out.
    "When the situation became more serious, AIBA also notified the IOC sports department of this issue and the IOC provided an independent observer to review the competition," the statement said.
    "As additional information regarding possible attempts of manipulation emerged the AIBA Executive Committee Bureau suspended Mr. Obreja on August 22 from the competition."
    Obreja earlier called an impromptu press conference at which he made serious allegations against senior AIBA officials.
    The Olympics has seen several judging controversies with boxers from Algeria, France and Ireland all crying foul.

----------------------------------------

Judges don't do this kind of stuff without getting paid, whomever is paying off these guys needs to be brought to justice as well.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Olympics: Boxing official suspended over feared 'manipulation'

Can't believe noone has anything to say anything on this.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No surprise hearing this, the scorring has been poor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they should take the boxing out of the olympics, its the only real thing that the actual people competeing cant fulll decide who wins...

other events they get to prove their win, this is up to officials

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did anyone see the semi final yesterday? This french guy was winning 10-4 into the last round and he somehow gave away 2 or 3 warnings costing him 2 points each time (plus one in the first round). They were for absolutely nothing, where the other boxer was raping him and not getting warned at all. The guy was crying at the end of the bout and would not shake the ref's hand. I can't believe this sort of thing can happen so blatantly on the world stage. But not only that, they ruin the dreams of a man who could have made it to the gold medal match, years of training, blood, sweat and tears. They take all that away from them for some coin, shame on them, if I were the boxer I would have broken the cunts nose it was that bad.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the Paddy BArnes fight was a sham as well, he was beaten well but the judges didn't even score one point for him , he landed a few but the judges only gave points to the home fighter. he was well freaked after and said he didn't want his bronze medal and the judges should be drug tested it was a good rant!

SigmaMu Guest

I stopped watching but I could not help in think what could have been changed here.
    I think they had the right idea but too much work for 5 people in which they have to keep an eye on both fighters and then also make sure they are pressing the right buttons not to mention if they are not fast enough, it wont get counted.

I would use the same type of deal they were using but, this is what I would do different.

Instead of 5 judges, have 10.

5 judges to score blue points and 5 judges to score red points. I tried pretending to be a judge and the truth is, I was phuking up, getting confused and getting very frustrated because I could not keep track of both especially during a flurrie of exachanges. So if you spread out all 10 judges and then have the computer lets say needing only 3 or 4 clicks in that time frame they were using here we might see a big difference and a more honest account. I really have no idea about this computer system they are using though. Anyone know more about this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    I stopped watching but I could not help in think what could have been changed here.
    I think they had the right idea but too much work for 5 people in which they have to keep an eye on both fighters and then also make sure they are pressing the right buttons not to mention if they are not fast enough, it wont get counted.

I would use the same type of deal they were using but, this is what I would do different.

Instead of 5 judges, have 10.

5 judges to score blue points and 5 judges to score red points. I tried pretending to be a judge and the truth is, I was phuking up, getting confused and getting very frustrated because I could not keep track of both especially during a flurrie of exachanges. So if you spread out all 10 judges and then have the computer lets say needing only 3 or 4 clicks in that time frame they were using here we might see a big difference and a more honest account. I really have no idea about this computer system they are using though. Anyone know more about this?
    that would be a good idea having the 10 judges, alot of the time u feel the judges are only watching 1 fighter, at least this way they could only watch the 1 fighter and we might get better scoring. They really have to do something though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the first time that see a lot of BS with this damn judges , i never seen something llike this , too much controversy with them and negative comments about them also , i really saw some fights that was unfair and this is something that give for complain .............sometimes i saw that the judges gave warning to few boxers and not to others .............

I think that the rules have to be more strict , at the way that all Olympics Boxer have to demonstrate a real Boxing , not that Shit of Holding and running , that to me isnt a real Olympic Boxer ....................

Thread Information