Boxing - USA Headlines - USA Boxing News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Michael Nunn Interview From Prison

Thanks for that, great fighter in his day, man US Justice is harsh 24 years for a kilo of coke!! Over here you would be looking at 6-8 years for that offence. Lets hope he gets out soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah im still bitter about his prison sentence.

OJ simpson kills someone and serves no time yet Nunn gets 24 years for some drug offence .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Thanks for that, great fighter in his day, man US Justice is harsh 24 years for a kilo of coke!! Over here you would be looking at 6-8 years for that offence. Lets hope he gets out soon.
    In Canada, he would get about 10 years and be out after 3-4.

He would have been released already!LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Deanrw View Post
    In Canada, he would get about 10 years and be out after 3-4.

He would have been released already!LOL
    Yes similar over here, your automatically released half way through your sentence, and if you get four or less years you have a strong possibility of getting out a quater away into ur sentence on curfew.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great stuff Dean.....thanks.I was not big on Nunn but the man had some serious technical prowess and was very smooth.I think he stunk it out against Barkley and got a gift in 1st Cordoba fight.

Shame it had to come to that,dealing in the drug and getting caught up.....would have offered much in ways of training,And Im one who thinks he would/could have given Jones some potential problems

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Great stuff Dean.....thanks.I was not big on Nunn but the man had some serious technical prowess and was very smooth.I think he stunk it out against Barkley and got a gift in 1st Cordoba fight.

Shame it had to come to that,dealing in the drug and getting caught up.....would have offered much in ways of training,And Im one who thinks he would/could have given Jones some potential problems
    I thought Michael Nunn did ok against Iran Barkley there was alot of pressure on Michael Nunn at the time after Koing Sumbu Kalambay brutally but Michael Nunn did exchange punches toe to toe quite often in the fight and boxed quite nicely i thought Michael Nunn clearly won by a few points.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

I thought Michael Nunn did ok against Iran Barkley there was alot of pressure on Michael Nunn at the time after Koing Sumbu Kalambay brutally but Michael Nunn did exchange punches toe to toe quite often in the fight and boxed quite nicely i thought Michael Nunn clearly won by a few points.
    Well ,it was only 19 years ago but my old cloudy mind remembers a borderline on and off track meet,then again I have no copy and probably over rated aggression as opposed to appreciating paced & stylistic boxing in my youth Could be Nunn had little interest in being suckered into a rugged scorcher as Duran had just done prior with Menacing Barkley.Nunns mind was at times,just as sharp as his fist's.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 09-14-2008 at 04:06 AM.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Well ,it was only 19 years ago but my old cloudy mind remembers a borderline on and off track meet,then again I have no copy and probably over rated aggression as opposed to appreciating paced & stylistic boxing in my youth Could be Nunn had little interest in being suckered into a rugged scortcher as Duran had just done prior with Menacing Barkley.Nunns mind was at times,just as sharp as his fist's.
    If you want a copy let me know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone have a nice copy of Ninn/Tate? I have a been looking for yrs for a nice version. I recorded it but my tape broke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The lengthy sentence was handed out not only for his offense but for his past record which is taken into account when you are sentenced. If you are a first time offender than they show more leniency, but if you are a repeat offender they bring the hammer down.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sucks but on the bright side if it was in Iran or Saudi Arabia he would have been flogged, stoned, had both his hands chopped off and then been hung until dead.

24 years does suck though, but it's hard to justify $24,000 worth of coke as being for personal use....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very sad, indeed. But anyone dumb enough to get caught in Iowa deserves some time.

Thread Information