Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Amir Khan so disliked on this site?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why is Amir Khan so disliked on this site?

I know his promoter Frank Warren is a prick but i always have found Khan a down to earth sort of young bloke.

He may say a few over the top things now and again but so do most people.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why is Amir Khan so disliked on this site?

too arrogant i think

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't dislike Khan.

I don't like the idea of a millionaire prospect fighting a no-name on PPV though. So was very pleased to see a whole bunch of greedy conners get well and truly booted in the nuts.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Him calling out the top lightweights when he can't get past domestic level. Ducking Thaxton and Romanov. Having a glass jaw. His last fight was aired on PPV, pure robbery.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I don't dislike Khan.

I don't like the idea of a millionaire prospect fighting a no-name on PPV though. So was very pleased to see a whole bunch of greedy conners get well and truly booted in the nuts.
    That covers it for me too.

Better than Hamed? He must have been talking about Riath.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With Kahn it was obvious from day one he had severe inadequacies in terms of his chin.

Yet matchmaking allowed him to continue without suffering the consequences. The soft touches Kahn was fed became apparent and the boxing faithful were and still are disgustred when forced to listen to his claims of greatness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I don't dislike Khan.

I'm in this camp.
    From what I hear he's a decent guy, and he was giving a lot of exposure to boxing in the mainstream in britain. But ppv took the piss, and it was satisfying to see him get a bit of a reality check.

I actually hope he does come back better, so long as he genuinely progresses and that the public isn't conned to four years of ppv against stiffs while they're being sold as world beaters. Just a bit of honesty and admit he'll be learning at a couple steps below world level until he's ready to step up again.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thinking that he's rubbish is not the same as disliking him. Personally I quite like him and I'd love to see him go and have a hugely successful career, not least because there's nobody else on the horizon as far as British boxing is concerned. This will be impossible however due to the fact that his jaw is constructed out of the finest crystal. So when all the hype came into contact with reality it invited a certain amount of scorn and derision, which is quite understandable considering his past (and current) statements re. winning world championships etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Him calling out the top lightweights when he can't get past domestic level. Ducking Thaxton and Romanov. Having a glass jaw. His last fight was aired on PPV, pure robbery.
    Frank Warren does the match making for Khan and it was him not Khan that did not want the fights with Thaxton and Romanov.

How can you dislkike sombody for having a glass jaw? Its about the only part of the body you cant train or improve.
    Balls

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not just this site, its every site . Thats the truth. Oh except Amirs.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure about this site but practically every person i have spoken to about him (who live near me) don't like him because he is Asian. That is always the first reason they don't like him. Then they tend to add on the fact that he is arrogant and he's fought bums.

Obviously that's not a great advert for Leeds as a town but that's just the way it is around here. I started a thread about it around 18 months ago and got shot down as the above was apparently a ridiculous reason and therefore couldn't possibly be true. I agree it is a ridiculous reason and believe me, it is true! It's shit and i can't stand that way of thinking....but as i say, i can only speak of where i live and i have spoken to a lot of people about Khan and have pretty much got the same response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

also i think it is how much money he has earnt already for what he has done, cant blame him for that tho

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Not sure about this site but practically every person i have spoken to about him (who live near me) don't like him because he is Asian. That is always the first reason they don't like him. Then they tend to add on the fact that he is arrogant and he's fought bums.

Obviously that's not a great advert for Leeds as a town but that's just the way it is around here. I started a thread about it around 18 months ago and got shot down as the above was apparently a ridiculous reason and therefore couldn't possibly be true. I agree it is a ridiculous reason and believe me, it is true! It's shit and i can't stand that way of thinking....but as i say, i can only speak of where i live and i have spoken to a lot of people about Khan and have pretty much got the same response.
    I think a lot of people resent a sesessfull rich Asian.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive never disliked Khan per se,Ive allways taken a wait and see attitude toward him

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't understand all the hate directed at him either. He hasn't said or done anything that hundreds of other prospects haven't said before him. I understand disliking Warren, and I think a lot of the anger is due to that, but I also wonder if a lot of it is due to racial/religious reasons (though no one would admit it). Is it also possible that he reminds people of Hamed somehow?

All this gloating etc. that has happened since he got KO'd has actually caused me to start cheering for Khan, even though I've seen 1 1/2 of his fights and know next to nothing about him. I'm hoping he can bounce back and win a title, proving all his detractors wrong.

I don't really understand all the anger about the PPV either. If you don't agree with it, then don't buy it and vote with your wallet, it's pretty fucking simple. There are ways to watch those fights without paying for them anyways.

Thread Information