Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Haye VS. the Heavyweight division!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye VS. the Heavyweight division!!!!

I really like the guy & I believe that he has alot of potential, but IMO he could rule the cruisers, but at Heavyweight against the Klitchsko's, or the bigger heavyweights, I dont think he would last very long, cuz they are just too big and have alot of size & reach advantage!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye VS. the Heavyweight division!!!!

I think that he could do well at heavyweight.

Holyfield
    Tyson
    Frazier
    Liston

All these are heavys that Haye is as big as that would dominate the division in this dire day and age.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

Holyfield
    Tyson
    Frazier
    Liston

All these are heavys that Haye is as big as that would dominate the division in this dire day and age.
    Haye couldn't hold a candle to any one of those guys. Is he big enough to be a HW champ in this division? Of course. He just isn't good enough to really become a great. I'd say any fight he takes against a capable HW who can punch is going to be a real pick em. I still think James Toney would school him badly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Holyfield
    Tyson
    Frazier
    Liston

Haye couldn't hold a candle to any one of those guys. Is he big enough to be a HW champ in this division? Of course. He just isn't good enough to really become a great. I'd say any fight he takes against a capable HW who can punch is going to be a real pick em. I still think James Toney would school him badly.
    Only time will tell this. I was simply saying he was big enough. I'd also go for Haye to beat Toney now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd pick Haye over EVERY heavyweight right now. Fukking fat slobs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    I agree. If I was betting the only one I would have any second thoughts with would be Wlad.

Wlad Vs Haye to me would be a case of who caught who first with the big shot and considering that IMO Haye has the speed over Klitschko it could well be him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    I agree. If I was betting the only one I would have any second thoughts with would be Wlad.

Wlad Vs Haye to me would be a case of who caught who first with the big shot and considering that IMO Haye has the speed over Klitschko it could well be him.
    I agree with the Wlad v Haye statement. I think Haye has better speed than Wlad also. And I think if Haye lands one of his Hayemaker's on a heavyweights chin bar James Toney they will get knocked out.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield
    Tyson
    Frazier
    Liston

Only time will tell this. I was simply saying he was big enough. I'd also go for Haye to beat Toney now.

I probably would have said the same at some point, but when I actually think about it and try to depict how the matchup would go, I just don't see Haye doing to well against James. Toney has way to much ring craft for Haye, who relies on his physical assets alone. James brings more skills into the fight than everyone Haye has fought combined imo, wheras Toney has dealt with anything Haye brings numerous times. You actually think Haye would win a decision against Toney, or be the first man to stop him? I'm saying hell no, he'd completely fall apart in the late rounds once he tired out trying to land a big shot, or if he tried to pace himself and box, he would lose every single round.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I probably would have said the same at some point, but when I actually think about it and try to depict how the matchup would go, I just don't see Haye doing to well against James. Toney has way to much ring craft for Haye, who relies on his physical assets alone. James brings more skills into the fight than everyone Haye has fought combined imo, wheras Toney has dealt with anything Haye brings numerous times. You actually think Haye would win a decision against Toney, or be the first man to stop him? I'm saying hell no, he'd completely fall apart in the late rounds once he tired out trying to land a big shot, or if he tried to pace himself and box, he would lose every single round.
    Well I think Sam Peters boxing skills are a lot more limited than Hayes but he took a clear decision over Toney second time around so yes i tink he would take a decision against him. Although even though Toney has a good chin no man could stand up to too many of Hayes Hayemakers and with Toneys advancing years to take into account he could well be the first man to KO him.

As a side note though the pre match poster would be a good advertisement for an anti-drug campaign. Picture of the muscular Haye saying "Say No to Drugs and look like me" and one of Toney saying "Look at me. I took Steroids".

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he will destroy all
    Hidden Content

If it's yellow, let it mellow... If it's brown, invite me 'round...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean honestly, do u really think Haye can even be a challenge to Vitali or Vladamir Klitchsko? or even the nigerian nightmare?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideX4 View Post
    I mean honestly, do u really think Haye can even be a challenge to Vitali or Vladamir Klitchsko? or even the nigerian nightmare?
    The question is whether the Slaphammers and Sam "Slow as you can get" Peter can be a challenge to Haye.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen if a old ass man in Thompson can knock Haye out i give heavies a good chance to do so no one ever brings that fight up wonder why.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And the big difference between Haye and Holyfeild is that Holyfeild had a chin and was better fighter then Haye ever while be. Holyfeild on a way different level so i do not get why he was even mentioned along with the other great heavies i think people overrate him he is not Ali or a Holyfeild.

Thread Information