Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Problems.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Sleeping Problems.

For awhile i've been having trouble sleeping, always got stuff running around in my mind. And i can't seem to get tired or etc, does anyone have any tips on how to get better nights sleep ? thanks.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sleeping Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    For awhile i've been having trouble sleeping, always got stuff running around in my mind. And i can't seem to get tired or etc, does anyone have any tips on how to get better nights sleep ? thanks.
    I've been having trouble sleeping forever. One method that helps me is meditation. Both before bed time and when I'm trying to sleep. It really helps clear my mind and allows me to drift off. Usually. It's by no means foolproof, but it has helped a lot.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sleep or lack of sleep is a habit. Sex can either knock you out or sometimes the cemical release can amp you up,50/50 about that.
    Study what you are thinking about and stop getting caught up in what it is you are thinking about.When you feel emotion about the thoughts they have the invitation to go to the next level instantly so they automatically become like a movie or a story and your emotion and ego feeds off the thought process so you dont sleep.
    If you let your thoughts run away with you your emotions run away with the thoughts and your thoughts have all the control.
    If you watch what you think and just observe them as thoughts and say to yourself "Oh how interesting that I am thinking that and then leave it alone; You are then seperate from that thought and at that exact point have control over it.
    At worse if you cant do that try repeating the same sentence over and over until you are so bored you just nod off.
    Saying a mantra is more benifital and induces a more peaceful sleep.
    Try reading a story too that usually works eventually.

funny thing, a mate of mine gets up and has a coffee and it makes him sleep Its a bit like snake posion used to treat snake bite.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I've been having trouble sleeping forever. One method that helps me is meditation. Both before bed time and when I'm trying to sleep. It really helps clear my mind and allows me to drift off. Usually. It's by no means foolproof, but it has helped a lot.
    How do you go into it?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    How do you go into it?
    How do I meditate? I'm far from an expert. I just do what my psychiatrist (been seeing him for anxiety since my mom died) taught me: When I breathe in, I think "in", when I breathe out, I think "out". I acknowledge any interfering thoughts that arise and then try to let them go without passing any sort of judgement on them or myself. It works ok, but sometimes it fails miserably and I'm left lying awake listening to my pounding heart and feeling the sweat slowly form on my body as I begin to get over-anxious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember to avoid coffee, tea, or anything with a lot of sugar or caffeine several hours before going to bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if your a drinker or not but liqour will put you on your ass everytime.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
    I don't know if your a drinker or not but liqour will put you on your ass everytime.
    Nah not a drinker bro and its good to see you back by the way have some rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read every night and eventually will get sleepy. Not everyone likes to read though, but it's how I get to sleep. I'm a night owl though so if I didn't force myself to lay doen and read I'd be up all night.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

Thanks for advice guys its just this sleeping pattern is ridiculous im only getting few hours sleep, thats why i've had no real energy for boxing. Now you would think with only few hours sleep i would automatically get tired, but i don't its quite a problem at the moment.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I only sleep lightly , and wake up every 30 mins or so , can be a pain , but hey what you gunna do. who needs sleep anyway.

A sleeping tip - try watching an Audley Harrison fight , that usually sends people to sleep.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have ALWAYS had issues sleeping, but that's simply because i'm a "night" person and i love being awake when everyone else isn't..

This is my theory regarding anything psychological.. I have anxiety issues and i've been seeing a therapist also, i've had a lot of shit go down hill in my life lately, and the anxiety, at times, eats me fucking alive! But my theory is basically the opposite of what everyone says.. With drug addiction, or alcohol addiction, you're supposed to first and foremost, admit you have a problem.. I disagree with this, mostly.. As far as my anxiety goes, if i don't think about it, it doesn't bother me.. if i tell myself that nothing is wrong with me, and i don't know what a panic attack is, and act like everyone else is, then i'm fine.. may be hard for someone who hasn't experienced any anxiety issues to understand, but it makes sense to me..

so my advice would be to stop thinking about it, somehow, someway.. i'm not saying that you're going to fall asleep right away, but the more you think about how you can't sleep, the more you won't sleep..

you also could take sleeping pills to attempt to get yourself into a routine, but know that they're addicting in the respect of dependency.. you can become dependent on them and not be able to sleep without them, but if you tried it for a few nights it wouldn't hurt..

my problem now is that i can't sleep past 8:30 in the morning EVER.. For example, i was up at 8:30 today, and slept again til 9:30, and now i won't be able to sleep till i go to bed tonight.. Mind you, i was absolutely hammered off of my ass last night, and probably slept like a rock, but i still wake up at some time, or at 8:30 with my heart pounding..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have sleeping disorder too, some sunday to monday Im up 24 hours. other days i sleep only 2 hours to four hours. I take sleeping pills sometimes and the most hours i got is 15hours straight assleep. Then after that Im up 24 hours again. they say 8 hours is best but when i do get 8 hours im too lazy to function. I think 6 hours is perfect for me, only way I get 6hours a day is if I sleep twice a day.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive had sleeping probs for a long time. Built up an addiction to sleeping meds too. Trying to work my way through that one, so thats not recommended. If it really is just a temporary thing and you can control it, then its worth a shot. But I got all messywith that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    I have ALWAYS had issues sleeping, but that's simply because i'm a "night" person and i love being awake when everyone else isn't..

This is my theory regarding anything psychological.. I have anxiety issues and i've been seeing a therapist also, i've had a lot of shit go down hill in my life lately, and the anxiety, at times, eats me fucking alive! But my theory is basically the opposite of what everyone says.. With drug addiction, or alcohol addiction, you're supposed to first and foremost, admit you have a problem.. I disagree with this, mostly.. As far as my anxiety goes, if i don't think about it, it doesn't bother me.. if i tell myself that nothing is wrong with me, and i don't know what a panic attack is, and act like everyone else is, then i'm fine.. may be hard for someone who hasn't experienced any anxiety issues to understand, but it makes sense to me..

so my advice would be to stop thinking about it, somehow, someway.. i'm not saying that you're going to fall asleep right away, but the more you think about how you can't sleep, the more you won't sleep..

you also could take sleeping pills to attempt to get yourself into a routine, but know that they're addicting in the respect of dependency.. you can become dependent on them and not be able to sleep without them, but if you tried it for a few nights it wouldn't hurt..

my problem now is that i can't sleep past 8:30 in the morning EVER.. For example, i was up at 8:30 today, and slept again til 9:30, and now i won't be able to sleep till i go to bed tonight.. Mind you, i was absolutely hammered off of my ass last night, and probably slept like a rock, but i still wake up at some time, or at 8:30 with my heart pounding..
    I know EXACTLY what you're talking about there, I have bad anxiety problems myself. I've been told one of the keys to getting better sleep is to try not to think or talk about the problem as well.

Thread Information