Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Dawson/Kelly Pavlik/Roy Jones/Joe Calzaghe

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Chad Dawson/Kelly Pavlik/Roy Jones/Joe Calzaghe

Some people have pointed out including me that if Joe Calzaghe, fought and beat Kelly Pavlik. People would then be demanding Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson.

Then it struck me what if Kelly Pavlik and Chad Dawson win there next fights. Then why not Kelly Pavlik and Chad Dawson, fight it out to determine who really deserves a shot at Joe Calzaghe vs Roy Jones winner ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chad Dawson/Kelly Pavlik/Roy Jones/Joe Calzaghe

Because if Pavlik gets by Hopkins which there is a good chance he won't, he wouldn't stnad a chance agaisnt Dawson, Glen Johnson has a great chin, and could walk through Dawson's punches, but Pavlik wouldn't be able to, and Dawson would be the fastest, and biggest guy he would have ever foughten.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Because if Pavlik gets by Hopkins which there is a good chance he won't, he wouldn't stnad a chance agaisnt Dawson, Glen Johnson has a great chin, and could walk through Dawson's punches, but Pavlik wouldn't be able to, and Dawson would be the fastest, and biggest guy he would have ever foughten.
    How do you think Chad Dawson vs Joe Calzaghe would go ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Differently because Calzaghe has a better chin then Pavlik, he is faster then Pavlik, and he is just as busy as Pavlik. I think speed and chin are the issue Pavlik has with Dawson. Dawson has a respectable punch for a LHW, and he probably has the fastest hands in the division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Some people have pointed out including me that if Joe Calzaghe, fought and beat Kelly Pavlik. People would then be demanding Joe Calzaghe vs Chad Dawson.

Then it struck me what if Kelly Pavlik and Chad Dawson win there next fights. Then why not Kelly Pavlik and Chad Dawson, fight it out to determine who really deserves a shot at Joe Calzaghe vs Roy Jones winner ?
    Joe has been cushioned through out his prime . He fought the great all time p4p Mario Viet twice in his prime? Why? Dawson destroys Joe. Kelly destroys Joe.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'd say the main reason this doesn't happen is because of time.. Calzaghe is already saying he's retiring after the Jones fight, and there are tiny hints that he MAY be interested in a Pavlik fight, but it's not even close to definite.. i'd say that if calzaghe wins, and decides he does want to fight kelly, i doubt that he's going to wait too long before it happens.. Pavlik is fighting only a month before calzaghe, so if pavlik wins, it will prob be at least another 5-6 months before he'd fight dawson, and then another 6 months til he would tentatively fight calzaghe.. I don't think calzaghe wants to wait another year before he retires, considering he said this could be his last..

Pavlik is a pretty big name now, he has that over dawson.. he can already get a fight with calzaghe.. if i were kelly,i wouldn't risk losing out on a huge pay day to fight dawson if i don't have to..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by southakron314 View Post

Joe has been cushioned through out his prime . He fought the great all time p4p Mario Viet twice in his prime? Why? Dawson destroys Joe. Kelly destroys Joe.
    That's a bold statement - no way Dawson or Pavlik destroys Joe. Yes maybe they can beat him at this stage of his career cause he's been on the slide but to say they destroy him is wrong...... Got a feeling if Joe does well against Jones then he will be tempted for one last fight against Pavlik in 2009 but Dawson isn't a big enough name to sign a career off on. Pavlik is at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Calzaghe, Dawson and Pavlik fight no-one gets destroyed and if i had to pick one it would be Pavlik that gets taken apart.

When Taylor boxed Pavlik, Pavlik looked very mediocre and Taylor only fight 90secs a round Dawson and Calzaghe fight every second of every round.

Ive said it b4 and i`ll say it again A GOOD BOXER WITH GOOD FOOTWORK makes Pavlik look poor.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The PocketRocket View Post
    That's a bold statement - no way Dawson or Pavlik destroys Joe. Yes maybe they can beat him at this stage of his career cause he's been on the slide but to say they destroy him is wrong...... Got a feeling if Joe does well against Jones then he will be tempted for one last fight against Pavlik in 2009 but Dawson isn't a big enough name to sign a career off on. Pavlik is at the moment.
    Personally, I don't think we're ever going to get to find out the answer to this one, because after the RJJ fight, I think Joe is going to be saying buh-bye to the fighting side of the sport. Don't think even Pavlik can tempt him. I think PAvlik v Calzaghe wouldbe a good one, with Joe breaking him down, but getting caught and rattled a few times alongthe way.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are forgetting one thing........Antonio Tarver.

I've got a feeling he's going to upset Dawson big time.

Dawson looked vulnerable against Johnson, I think Tarver can take him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Well were were TRYING to forget him until u reminded us all lol. Thanks for that! haha

yeah i know what your saying, dawson didn't look that good and just got by a journey man. But i really expect him to put on a much much better showing in the Tarver fight and beat him without any dispute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could pull the upset. I just dont think he is busy enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    First of all, Dawson needs to get past Tarver, which he might not. Second of all, Dawson isn't exactly known for his punching power. Third, Dawson is has chin questions of his own, and he is very hittable. Fourth, Dawson isn't a very big LWH. Two years ago he was fighting at 168 and he could probably still make that weight.

So no, you are wrong, Pavlik would stand a pretty good chance. He might not be the favorite, but you can't count him out.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post

Could pull the upset. I just dont think he is busy enough.
    I was thinking the same thing, he definately has the skill set, but he tends to wait too much when under heavy fire.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you kidding me? If Kessler can't beat Joe, then Kelly can't. Joe would badly outbox Pavlik.

Thread Information