Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: at 135pnds? who will?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Juan manuel lopez

4 19.05%
  • Manny pacquiao

17 80.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juanma lopez vs Pacman at 135 pnds.: who wins?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Juanma lopez vs Pacman at 135 pnds.: who wins?

I heard juanma wanna go up at 135 and face whoever after raising the bar with another rnd 1 tko win. Between the 2: pacman vs juanma, who do you think will win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juanma lopez vs Pacman at 135 pnds.: who wins?

hold on a second there buddy as much as i think JuanMa can beat anyone at Super bantamweight, i would not put him in there with the P4P fighter in the sport. lets be real here.
    Hidden Content It's Good To Be Back!! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mike_tha_man View Post
    hold on a second there buddy as much as i think JuanMa can beat anyone at Super bantamweight, i would not put him in there with the P4P fighter in the sport. lets be real here.
    I just got intrigued after the interview where doug revealed that juanma wanted to go up at 135.(the natural weight of manny, 135-140.) They are both my favorites now, no bad intentions to throw shit at any of them tho'. Just wanna know the chances of either fighter and the general opinion between the 2 of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If they ever face each other at 135 that is.....

ICB Guest

This fight would never happen JML isn't a big enough name yet, and theres no way he would move up 3 weightclasses to fight someone like Manny Pacquiao. That would be ridiculous and suicidal, and especially since JML has names like Israel Vasquez, Rafael Marquez, Steve Molitor, in his own weightclass to deal with.

Plus theres no way Manny Pacquiao would move down in weight, to fight some as dangerous as JML. Plus its impossible to say how this fight would go, because we haven't even seen JML at Featherweight/Super Featherweight.

So how could we possibly know how JML would be at Lightweight ? and how do we know JML will even want to go that high up in weight ?
    Last edited by ICB; 10-05-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

silly thread really, and some have actually voted juanma. I like juanma but come on guys, don't overhyped the guy. Pac would kill him, juanma wont even beat israel or rafa. The two first round victory of juanma is overhyping him. It could be his downfall, they may actually put him with israel and imo that would be the end of his hype. Two first round wins do not make you superman, especially when you just defeated two guys that can not compare to the elites. juan is still unproven against elite. Hell i doubt he'd beat gerry penalosa. Gerry would likely school him. think about it.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    silly thread really, and some have actually voted juanma. I like juanma but come on guys, don't overhyped the guy. Pac would kill him, juanma wont even beat israel or rafa. The two first round victory of juanma is overhyping him. It could be his downfall, they may actually put him with israel and imo that would be the end of his hype. Two first round wins do not make you superman, especially when you just defeated two guys that can not compare to the elites. juan is still unproven against elite. Hell i doubt he'd beat gerry penalosa. Gerry would likely school him. think about it.
    I don't see why you think JML would stand no chance against Marquez/Vasquez. Marquez is a good boxer technical boxer but his chin isn't exactly solid, although i think he would be a much tougher fight for JML than Vasquez would.

And Vasquez although a great exciting fighter. Takes 2 to land 1 and at times his defense is non exsitent, and if he fought like that against JML he would get stopped IMO.
    Last edited by ICB; 10-05-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JuanMa 1st round TKO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    This fight would never happen JML isn't a big enough name yet, and theres no way he would move up 3 weightclasses to fight someone like Manny Pacquiao. That would be ridiculous and suicidal, and especially since JML has names like Israel Vasquez, Rafael Marquez, Steve Molitor, in his own weightclass to deal with.

Plus theres no way Manny Pacquiao would move down in weight, to fight some as dangerous as JML. Plus its impossible to say how this fight would go, because we haven't even seen JML at Featherweight/Super Featherweight.

So how could we possibly know how JML would be at Lightweight ? and how do we know JML will even want to go that high up in weight ?
    It may be ridiculous and suicidal but Pac is moving up 12lbs to fight ODLH and I don't quite consider that "Suicidal" although I do think he will get soundly beaten.

Pac would make easy work of JML though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Panadzzz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_tha_man View Post
    I just got intrigued after the interview where doug revealed that juanma wanted to go up at 135.(the natural weight of manny, 135-140.) They are both my favorites now, no bad intentions to throw shit at any of them tho'. Just wanna know the chances of either fighter and the general opinion between the 2 of them.

In PR he said he wants to be a champ from 122 to 135 (probably at the end of his career)
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Pac at bantamweight/superbantam was deadly. I think he can be considered as one of the hardest punchers in the bantam/superbantam weights.

At lightweight, I still believe that Pac is number one or number 2 (behind nate). JML at lightweight would be KOed early by Pac.

Had the two meet when Pac was still at bantam/superbantam, then that would really really be exciting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let juanma fight prime fighters at his division. Then if he continues to make victories like that, he may have a chance against the Pacman.

But at this point of time, if they fight, Pac by 1st KTFO...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's see Lopez beat some beltholders at 122 before he starts talking about 135.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacman hits harder, he's faster, he has beaten 3 guys taht would take Juan M. Lopez to school. I think Pacman back down at 122 when he was younger would beat the shit out of Juan Man, let alone now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Some of the points i would like to clarify in behalf of what's had been said in the post fight interview from jml's last fight..
    Doug said juanma wanted to go up in 135 and see his chances on that div. Pac's natural weight is 135-140, and no he won't stay at 147 in fighting hoya. This is only a one fight oddysey for pac at this point. Pac's natural weight is 135-140, really. That being said there is a good chance for this 2 to meet. Look how dominating jml's last 2 wins were: (Even if you'll say ponce ai'nt worth it he's still one of the toughest fights out there.) 1st rnd ko's! It only means his power is just too much for his division. Imo he have a very good chance to ko rafa and izzy! I think he has more power tha ponce has. And him facing on gerry? Gerry might outbox him but if he ever catched just one to the jaw from jml, i think it's goodnight for gerry. Jml is one of the boxers we have now who truly has one punch, 2 punch power.

Thread Information