Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton/Mayweather training

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r28PX7...eature=related

Reading that Sr really likes Hatton as a person and on here they look like they been together years.
    Last edited by Markusdarkus; 10-11-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really like this new change for Hatton, bringing Floyd Sr. in. At 1st I didn't, and maybe it's all smoke, but maybe this whole new way of approaching his training and just the most likely different vibe in the gym will rekindle Hatton and more helpful hamper some of that recklessness Hatton has shown.

I can't wait to see if he can take some of what Sr. teaches him and apply it against Malinagging Ricky has skills but has always seemed to rely on the bull running over the matador technique. As much as I like Graham I kind of wish something like this could have been done several years ago; though you know what they say about hindsight!!
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it'll be interesting to see if Ricky can master the shoulder roll.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    I really like this new change for Hatton, bringing Floyd Sr. in. At 1st I didn't, and maybe it's all smoke, but maybe this whole new way of approaching his training and just the most likely different vibe in the gym will rekindle Hatton and more helpful hamper some of that recklessness Hatton has shown.

I can't wait to see if he can take some of what Sr. teaches him and apply it against Malinagging Ricky has skills but has always seemed to rely on the bull running over the matador technique. As much as I like Graham I kind of wish something like this could have been done several years ago; though you know what they say about hindsight!!

He lost it from Tszyu. There is a paper article and Sr was shocked at how good Hatton really is really shocked and he launched an attack on Graham saying he could make Hatton the best boxer/brawler of the generation.

Said with the other guy (Graham) he was 30% no boxer just brawler and not brawling at 100%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

do you have a link/ scan of the article by any chance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hackey View Post
    do you have a link/ scan of the article by any chance?

ASHTON-UNDER-LYNE, England -- Ricky Hatton had no time to celebrate his 30th birthday Monday. His new trainer, Floyd Mayweather Sr., made sure of that.
    Mayweather Sr. joined Hatton's camp Friday, but wasn't wasting any time before the fighter defends his IBO light welterweight title against Paulie Malignaggi in Las Vegas on Nov. 22.
    The second day of Mayweather's arduous program began Monday at 6 a.m. by attaching dumbbells to Hatton's hands for a five-mile run in northern England.
    "Floyd was side by side with me all the way -- in a Range Rover I might add -- saying, 'Come on, jab, jab, step off, one-two!" Hatton said. "It was hard because it's very hilly where I live. As soon as we got back to my house, he jumped out the car and we did a little bit of sparring."
    Hatton spent 11 years working with trainer Billy Graham, who was in his corner when welterweight Floyd Mayweather Jr. stopped Hatton last December in the only loss of his 45-fight career. Hatton won his final bout under Graham's tutelage, outpointing Juan Lazcano in May, but dumped Graham in late July.
    Mayweather Sr., who is estranged from his son, was critical of the guidance Graham had offered Hatton.
    "You can do the same training Billy did, maybe better," Mayweather said at Hatton's new gym. "Go get yourself a pillow at home and let Ricky hit you -- that's all he did.
    "Ricky's got here on his own. (Graham) calls himself a trainer, I call him 'Silly Billy.' He should have left Billy earlier, a whole lot of years ago. You will see a different Ricky, trust me. I'm teaching him things he's never done before.
    "I'm teaching him how to punch back, chested shots and let his hands go back. Im being honest im truely shocked a how good Ricky is, his boxing skills are superb. I will get him boxing and brawling under me he will be 100% not 30% he was under silly Graham. Where his jab? he has the best footwork up with little Floyd"
    Hatton said he knew it was time to leave when Graham began receiving painkilling injections in his hands.
    "He didn't want to admit to himself that the time had come to finish," Hatton said. "Everyone was telling me to leave Billy earlier and I think it's clear because, slowly but surely, everyone was leaving Billy. I couldn't do it because I had such a close relationship with him."
    Mayweather has trained Oscar De La Hoya, Chad Dawson and Joan Guzman to world titles.
    "Floyd will slow me down and show me how to look after myself defensively a bit," Hatton said. "Everyone Floyd has worked with has turned around and said he's the best and improved them.
    "With a new training camp, that might breathe a whole new lease of life into me. It's only because I turned professional so young that people ask when I'm going to retire. You might see my performances get better than they've ever been, so I'd be a fool to hang my gloves up."
    Hatton wants to challenge the winner of the De La Hoya-Manny Pacquiao fight on Dec. 6, while a rematch with Mayweather Jr. is also on the horizon.
    "I'd like to fight Floyd Jr. again," Hatton said. "I think he'll come out of retirement after the De La Hoya-Pacquiao fight. Floyd is all about controversy and he'll want to come out and do it."
    And that could see Mayweather coaching Hatton against his son.
    "It's a strange one, isn't it?" Hatton said. "Father and son is a very touchy subject and we'd have to cross that bridge when we come to it. He's of the opinion that Floyd Jr. has forgotten that his dad helped him to get there. But he didn't harp on about it and I'm not going to ask too many questions."
    The 55-year-old Mayweather was more forthcoming about where he'd focus his loyalty.
    "Does Floyd give me any money?" he asked. "That answers your question about who I will train."

Thread Information