Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I wonder if Vitali will try and tempt Lennox into a comeback?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I wonder if Vitali will try and tempt Lennox into a comeback?

If I was Vitali I'd call out Lennox Lewis at every opportuniy, tell him he was losing the last fight and that the people know who the real champ is.

I don't agree with those sentiments of course but its exactly what I'd be saying to try and get myself a mega showdown in the biggest heavyweight fight in almost 10 years or so.

Could it happen? If anything can tempt Lewis back it would be Vitali imo.

I must admit I'd love to see it. I know people will say Lewis should stay retired and not risk his legacy, but I've never liked him that much and so couldn't really care if his leacy got damaged or not I just want to see the fight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I wonder if Vitali will try and tempt Lennox into a comeback?

No Lewis is retired! he beat Vitali and made him require 100 stitches. Vitali just had an amazing win against the hopeless Sam Peter, Vitali needs to move forwards not backwards as he probably does not have much time left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No shot Bilbo,Lewis knows he squeeked it against Kiltschko, and got out while the getting was good.
    He's got his "legacy",he works when he feels like it as a commentator,why on earth would he risk any of that?
    And to ammend(thus the edit) nobody wanted to see a re-match more then I did,but its too far gone now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He knows to stay retired! He found in the last fight with Vitali that he was losing it and got out while he could. Why would he wait all this time and then come back and get hurt?(which would be almost inevitable).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis will stop retired,he doesnt need money and looks happy retired.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I definitely think that VK will try & tempt Lewis back.

There's nobody else out there for him to fight & he isn't going to fight his brother, so Lewis remains the only viable option for him.

Thankfully, Lewis wouldn't be so daft as to countenance such an idea, as he doesn't need to & he also has nothing left to prove.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully Vitali should have got over himself by now and just leaves it alone,show a bit of respect!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WTF would Lennox need to comeback for?...To fight Vitaly? are you kidding me...WTF has Vitaly accomplished ion his career to compare to Lennox?....Beat Sam Peter after a layoff?....Vitaly was ahead by 2 rds big freaking deal...Thats why fights go 10 and 12 rds...Fact is and please watch the fight again before making comments....Vitaly was as tired as Lennox was...Vitaly had his mouth open and was puffing between rds...Vitaly won the early rds and Lennox was coming back...Opened him up and caused the stoppage....It was not a BS stoppage....Not premature...It was actually too late...Vitaly practically lost his eye for goodness sakes...It was a punch that opened him up not a butt or elbow....

Kirk Johnson, Larry Donald Sam Peter and Corrie Sanders do not put Vitaly in Lennox catagory as a HW fighter....Lennox beat everyone there was to best in the 90's and early part of the 2000's...Vitaly was around at the same time and he seemed to miss all the top guys.......

Let the past lay gent's Lennox has nothing to prove and at almost 44yrs old going out as one of the top 5 atg heavyweights he has no reason to comeback.....

And if he did retire after that fight because he felt he was losing it then guess what?....Good for him....

At least he is not another fighter that a 100 threads have written about..that should have retired but refused to admit when the time was right.......

As for Vitaly I like the guy (Aside from all the comeback then not coming back bullcrap)...But in truth there are not even enough quality guys around today for him to make the legacy Lennox did
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    WTF would Lennox need to comeback for?...To fight Vitaly? are you kidding me...WTF has Vitaly accomplished ion his career to compare to Lennox?....Beat Sam Peter after a layoff?....Vitaly was ahead by 2 rds big freaking deal...Thats why fights go 10 and 12 rds...Fact is and please watch the fight again before making comments....Vitaly was as tired as Lennox was...Vitaly had his mouth open and was puffing between rds...Vitaly won the early rds and Lennox was coming back...Opened him up and caused the stoppage....It was not a BS stoppage....Not premature...It was actually too late...Vitaly practically lost his eye for goodness sakes...It was a punch that opened him up not a butt or elbow....

Kirk Johnson, Larry Donald Sam Peter and Corrie Sanders do not put Vitaly in Lennox catagory as a HW fighter....Lennox beat everyone there was to best in the 90's and early part of the 2000's...Vitaly was around at the same time and he seemed to miss all the top guys.......

Let the past lay gent's Lennox has nothing to prove and at almost 44yrs old going out as one of the top 5 atg heavyweights he has no reason to comeback.....

And if he did retire after that fight because he felt he was losing it then guess what?....Good for him....

At least he is not another fighter that a 100 threads have written about..that should have retired but refused to admit when the time was right.......

As for Vitaly I like the guy (Aside from all the comeback then not coming back bullcrap)...But in truth there are not even enough quality guys around today for him to make the legacy Lennox did
    This is a brilliant post! very well said! Agree with all of it!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he should chase a fight with David Haye IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox seems like one of the few guys who is content in retirement. He's not coming back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
    I definitely think that VK will try & tempt Lewis back.

There's nobody else out there for him to fight & he isn't going to fight his brother, so Lewis remains the only viable option for him.

Thankfully, Lewis wouldn't be so daft as to countenance such an idea, as he doesn't need to & he also has nothing left to prove.
    Yeah Vitali is nothing without Lennox . He needs him

I knew it was a matter of time b4 talk of this fight started. The world has been parying for a Lewis return for years now. The papers constantly have double page spreads on how Lewis is gonna comeback but the word has never come from Lewis himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    he should chase a fight with David Haye IMO.

Now that would be a good one too.
    WHO NEXT ?Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis doesnt need Vitali or the money.Its Vitali and Don King that want him back.If he does come back it should be for himself and not for the money.

I hope he sits there laughinh at there offer.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe if the enough money is put on the table and its genuinely guaranteed that there is a great chance Lennox will come back.

Those of you asking why in the world would Lennox come back, well I can give you at least 25,000,000 reasons why he might.

Saying he doesn't need the money is just ridiculous. We're not talking about some weekend overtime here we're talking the GDP equivilant of a typical South American country , maybe Ghandi could have happily walked away from that kind of money offer but every mortal man in the world would jump at that kind of crazy sum.

I'd fight Vitali tomorrow for 25 million quid, hell I'd throw my mum in for that money

Thread Information