Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lennox Lewis-Vitali Klitschko

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Lennox Lewis-Vitali Klitschko

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Let's just all face the facts. Lennox Lewis won on a stoppage due to a cut which in all honesty was a freak accident, if Lennox tried to cut Vitali that bad again on purpose he might do it 1 time in 1,000 chances.

Lennox Lewis was preparing to fight Kirk Johnson, Vitali Klitschko was preparing to fight Cedric Boswell...so nobody was at an advantage there.

Lennox Lewis was a great champion and Vitali Klitschko gave him all he could handle....there were no knockdowns, there were no 10-8 rounds, it was a fairly even fight with Vitali up 58-56 on all cards.

Put your fanhood aside and just admit it was a GREAT fight that happened on regular HBO because the planets aligned in just the right manner and the boxing Gods gave us this fight as a gift.....enjoy it, don't dismiss this fight as "Lennox was lazy and fat and unprepared" or only "If Vitali didn't get cut he would have won"....Champions fight and they win no matter where, when, or what the circumstances are.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lennox Lewis-Vitali Klitschko

It was a great fight& much better than Lewis/ Johnson would have been. I've always felt that Vitali was lucky it ended the way it did. Cut or no cut I think Lewis would have stopped him in the next few rounds!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a great fight and thats the only real conclusion we can make from it. Lewis won but it was inconclusive. Vitali was up on the cards, and Lewis busted up Vitalis face badly. For anyone to decide what might have been is just speculation. Lewis had just had his best round but seemed winded. Vitali was up but bleeding and lost that preceding round.

It was a great fight. Leave it for what it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Let's just all face the facts. Lennox Lewis won on a stoppage due to a cut which in all honesty was a freak accident, if Lennox tried to cut Vitali that bad again on purpose he might do it 1 time in 1,000 chances.

Lennox Lewis was preparing to fight Kirk Johnson, Vitali Klitschko was preparing to fight Cedric Boswell...so nobody was at an advantage there.

Lennox Lewis was a great champion and Vitali Klitschko gave him all he could handle....there were no knockdowns, there were no 10-8 rounds, it was a fairly even fight with Vitali up 58-56 on all cards.

Put your fanhood aside and just admit it was a GREAT fight that happened on regular HBO because the planets aligned in just the right manner and the boxing Gods gave us this fight as a gift.....enjoy it, don't dismiss this fight as "Lennox was lazy and fat and unprepared" or only "If Vitali didn't get cut he would have won"....Champions fight and they win no matter where, when, or what the circumstances are.

Ha Ha Ha...Good Stuff Lyle....

In truth you are right...Vitaly gave Lennox all he could handle, The nfight was close (2rds at the 6th is in no way a large margin)....Vitaly took the early rounds...Lennox won the last few before the stoppage.....If not for the cut we have no idea how it would have ended...both were tired...both were huffing and puffing throwing one arm punches....

The cut though was not a freak accident....Freak occurance it opened so wide I will agree to that but not the cut itself...Though Lennox was targeting the cut like he was skeet shooting
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 10-14-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was a great fight that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the Lewis fans have left it alone but are constantly provoked by Vitali fans who cant accept their man got beat fair and square .

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    The cut though was not a freak accident
    This is how the cut opened and why it opened where it opened. Lennox threw a right cross, Vitali leaned back, the cross went over Vitali's head although the thumb grazed Vitali's eye in the process therefore opening a cut on Vitali's eyelid and not his eyebrow......that doesn't happen very often in boxing. Vitali had not been cut before AND hasn't been cut after!

That being the case I think most would agree that the cut was caused not by a punch but HOW a punch landed and therefore can be considered a "freak accident" as any other time Lennox throws the punch he usually lands it flush OR Vitali ducks it OR it doesn't land in the same way to cause such a cut.

Yes AFTER the cut happened Lennox targeted it as any smart boxer would do, you take advantage of a fighter's weakness.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is how the cut opened and why it opened where it opened. Lennox threw a right cross, Vitali leaned back, the cross went over Vitali's head although the thumb grazed Vitali's eye in the process therefore opening a cut on Vitali's eyelid and not his eyebrow......that doesn't happen very often in boxing. Vitali had not been cut before AND hasn't been cut after!

That being the case I think most would agree that the cut was caused not by a punch but HOW a punch landed and therefore can be considered a "freak accident" as any other time Lennox throws the punch he usually lands it flush OR Vitali ducks it OR it doesn't land in the same way to cause such a cut.

Yes AFTER the cut happened Lennox targeted it as any smart boxer would do, you take advantage of a fighter's weakness.
    how many fights has he had after that Lyle?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

El Kabong Guest

4....all vs top competition (at the time)

Kirk Johnson, Corrie Sanders, Danny Williams, and most recently Sam Peter....all guys who could have opened Vitali up if he cut so easily

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post

how many fights has he had after that Lyle?
    4, and yes my name is Lyle for the duration of this post.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rewatched the fight..... that was a great fight. You know people act like the HW division is shit. And it is. But it has never been super great....and that fight wasn't even that long ago. And Vitally is still fighting, plus Wlad has come into his own. The only thing we are really missing is a couple more solid heavyweights.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

El Kabong Guest

The problem is consistency...the average/decent guys just don't fight consistently one day Jameel McCline can get beaten by Zuri Lawrence but then go and bust up Sam Peter

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice one.. haven't seen that fight in a couple of years.

Lennox won fair and square of course.. but I also doubt Vitali would have lasted much longer had the fight gone on
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

most entertaining heavyweight fight i've seen in a long long time.
    That second round is beautiful. Great fight.

Vitali looks like he's ready to go, but he looked that way for some time.
    From the third on up I felt as though he was working much harder than lewis and
    lewis was ultimately going to have more energy going late. After the 6th, it looked like
    they were even again and I'm willing to gamble that Vitali was hungrier and would have
    been willing to dig deeper, but we'll never know.

Great showing by Lewis in retaining his strap, great fight. I miss fights like these.

Thread Information