Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Favorite boxing combinations- What are yours?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Favorite boxing combinations- What are yours?

I thought I'd create this post to see what kind of boxing combination other boxers like to use, so I can get some ideas about re-arranging my arsenal. I personally have 4 combinations I like to use when hitting the bag. I'm an Outside Fighter type who likes using the Jab and Cross, with the occasional Jabs to the body and Left Hooks. Here are my favorites

Jab (move in), Cross

Jab (move in), Jab, Cross

Jab (move in), Cross, Left Head Hook, Cross (I move in with the Jab, Cross, but I keep hinge stepping to the left to throw continuous Left Hooks/Crosses. This blocks the possible right hand counter, and by moving to the your left (his right), you are staying away from the Left Hook)

(Inside Fighting) Right Uppercut, Left Hook, Cross

What are your favorite combos?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Favorite boxing combinations- What are yours?

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingDude66 View Post
    I thought I'd create this post to see what kind of boxing combination other boxers like to use, so I can get some ideas about re-arranging my arsenal. I personally have 4 combinations I like to use when hitting the bag. I'm an Outside Fighter type who likes using the Jab and Cross, with the occasional Jabs to the body and Left Hooks. Here are my favorites

Jab (move in), Cross

Jab (move in), Jab, Cross

Jab (move in), Cross, Left Head Hook, Cross (I move in with the Jab, Cross, but I keep hinge stepping to the left to throw continuous Left Hooks/Crosses. This blocks the possible right hand counter, and by moving to the your left (his right), you are staying away from the Left Hook)

(Inside Fighting) Right Uppercut, Left Hook, Cross

What are your favorite combos?
    You cant beat the old 1,2s.There great for foundation work and keeping your opponant at range.Back in the days training as a local ABCs amateur(when i was about ten year old)i was taught a great combination from my trainer.It was a fast:-1,2,1,2(left,right,left,right)role(duck under to the right)then right hook to the body followed by the straight left jab to the head.A great six punch combination!It was hard at first to string the punches smoothly at first,but after a couple of months repeating it,it ended up being effective.God there were the days.

Its brought back them great memories of my amateur days by mentioning the comination.I remember it as if it was yesterday even known it was like 17years ago!I'll have to go back on the old heavy bag one day and throw the same combo for old times sake and see if i was as sharp as i was back then!I'll get it video'ed and put it on here to show you!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by yvonne; 10-15-2008 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just as important as the punches you throw are the punches you don't throw. some of my favorite combinations involve the ones I don't.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash View Post
    just as important as the punches you throw are the punches you don't throw. some of my favorite combinations involve the ones I don't.
    Yeah, Von's favourite combinations include Macaroni-cheese and peanut butter-jelly.

I kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Obviously I'm speaking a little bit of Scrapanese but those who know boxing will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Von you know what you are talking about. Great Fighters are the Biggest Liars, is one way of putting it.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

ICB Guest

Jab, Right hand, Left hook, but i haven't really got a favorite combination. Because your opponent figures you out otherwise, i like to mix it up and sometimes when im throwing quick flurry. I just mix it up to the body and head then get the hell out of there, with my hands held high so i don't get caught on the counter. I really think it depends on the situation and what kind of opponent your fighting.

Thread Information