Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ruslan Chagaev

Boxing News -- 24 hours/day - Reload often!

I've never seen this guy fight-- what do you all think his chances against the Brothers' K or David Haye would be?
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ruslan Chagaev

Its hard to predict fights with Haye right now since he just is an unknown quantity at HW but I definitely don't think Chagaev would be out of his depth. Doubt he does much against the Klitchko's.

All that is disregarding the fact that he'd probably have to postpone any of those fights due to something along the lines of a stumped toe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruslan could be a factor int the HW division IF...He ever actualy fought...Seems he is injured more then healthy......

Haye Vs Chagaev...would be interesting...Ruslan hits pretty hard and has a fair chin...It would let us know if Haye would last in the Division for sure....

Either Klitschko beats him fairly easily...He is slow and Wlads power would overwhelm him....Vitaly would make sport of him....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never seen Chagaev, either. But considering he was able to take on and take out Valuev I'd give him the overdog status against Haye.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post
    I've never seen Chagaev, either. But considering he was able to take on and take out Valuev I'd give him the overdog status against Haye.

I would not say he took out Valuev...Valuev is a horrible boxer and Chagaev just went in and fought the right fight....He moved around a lot and did not let Valuev get time to put in any real offense...It was the way all the other guys should have been fighting him all the while considering Valuev has no real KO power for a man his size...Chagaev was smart and did not try to trade and think he was going to find openings.....

Truth is John Ruiz was robbed against Valuev (1st time out)...(His fault for fighting in Germany)
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 10-17-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

I would not say he took out Valuev...Valuev is a horrible boxer and Chagaev just went in and fought the right fight....He moved around a lot and did not let Valuev get time to put in any real offense...It was the way all the other guys should have been fighting him all the while considering Valuev has no real KO power for a man his size...Chagaev was smart and did not try to trade and think he was going to find openings.....

Truth is John Ruiz was robbed against Valuev (1st time out)...(His fault for fighting in Germany)
    Can we have a moratorium on fighting in Germany? The only fair fights are the ones when somebody gets knocked out. Wait, I think Steve Cunningham went into Germany and one, but that's the only one I can think of.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chagaev is too big of a pussy to ever fight either Klitschko. He has shown by his reign with the WBA title that he only desires to fight soft touches. If he beats Valuev again, he wont go anywhere near the Klitschkos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F@#k all this German bias...damn it...
    How many time did I repeat myself...Boxing in Germany ain't any worse then anywhere else...After the US most big fights are in Germany...and you guys see one bad decision and totally forget about the multitude of "good" fights with fair decisions...

I dare every one to name 5 robberies in the last 5...ah what the hell...the last 10 years in Germany without naming Sven Ottke...And remember robberies no close fights which could have gone either way...

As for Chagaev...if he actually would fight against the big names I give him a good chance to beat most of them...he is a sneaky southpaw with good power and chin...and when he throws a combination(which he doesn't do to often) its a beauty...Hope he gets injury free and can show in the ring what he is about...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can we have a moratorium on fighting in Germany? The only fair fights are the ones when somebody gets knocked out. Wait, I think Steve Cunningham went into Germany and one, but that's the only one I can think of.
    I actually gave that fight to Wlodarczyk....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cunningham fought Marco Huck in Germany and won by tko...the Wlodarczyk fights(I think there were two) were in Poland...

Hidden Content

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    How many time did I repeat myself...Boxing in Germany ain't any worse then anywhere else...After the US most big fights are in Germany...and you guys see one bad decision and totally forget about the multitude of "good" fights with fair decisions...

I dare every one to name 5 robberies in the last 5...ah what the hell...the last 10 years in Germany without naming Sven Ottke...And remember robberies no close fights which could have gone either way...

As for Chagaev...if he actually would fight against the big names I give him a good chance to beat most of them...he is a sneaky southpaw with good power and chin...and when he throws a combination(which he doesn't do to often) its a beauty...Hope he gets injury free and can show in the ring what he is about...

....Johnny...Why don't you give us something that would challenge us Like.....Shooting ducks in a barrel....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....Johnny...Why don't you give us something that would challenge us Like.....Shooting ducks in a barrel....
    HaHa...you know what I'm still waiting for an answer...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cunningham fought Marco Huck in Germany and won by tko...the Wlodarczyk fights(I think there were two) were in Poland...

Poland? My mistake

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ruslan is an excellent fighter imo the most rounded and gifted heavyweight champion today. but his workrate is poor, against skelton now i love skelton but no way should he ov been able to put up a good challenge for the heavyweight title of the world. but when ruslan let up thats what he did, when ruslan stepped up to 3rd gear we saw the difference in class. i think we havent seen anyhwere near the best of him yet and would certainnly bet on him if he ever thought the klitschos because he would be a massive underdog in a fight i feel would be very close. is ee him beating wlad and cant say with vitali until he fights someone who can actually get their own feet off the floor unlike williams and shitty peter

El Kabong Guest

It's PAINFULLY obvious that the WBA is the junior circuit of the heavyweight division....none of those guys Valuev, Ruiz, Chagaev....have come close to anyone dangerous in the division.

Chagaev is tough, he's a southpaw, and he seems to have a good chin...Wlad and Vitali have done pretty well vs the lefties recently so I doubt he's going to throw anything at them that's so difficult they can't handle it.

Thread Information