Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Dawson getting Floyd Maweather, and Roy Jones Jr's vote.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chad Dawson getting Floyd Maweather, and Roy Jones Jr's vote.

I really like this kid, but its even more impressive when both Floyd Mayweather and Roy Jones Jr think so highly of this kid. I mean not only are they the two previous long standing p4p#1's(B-Hop didn't reign very long), but they both are pure boxers who have as much if not more knowledge of boxing then maybe anyone else, barring B-Hop. Since prime Roy has there been a guy who neutralizes his opponents more with his speed? I can't think of anybody. He goes to the body and the head well, he throws unique combinations that you can't prepare for because nobody since Roy throws them like him. I also have seen three of his "scary moments" and honestly against Harding it was a jab that caught Dawson off balance, but he wasn't hurt at all, same with Adamek, Dawson leaned to the side, seemed to not see the punch coming, but he looked completely fine afterwards. Against Johnson he was legitimately hurt, but they fought a war, I haven't seen big guys land so many shots against eachother, especially to the body, in a very long time. He probably has the second fastest hands in boxing p4p (Behind Berto), but along with that speed he has his size and long arms which really add to that speed, and besides his fight with Johnson Dawson has shown really good defense, which like Roy is largely in the form of his offense and not allowing his opponent to get off.

I really want Dawson-BHop. I think that would be a great fight. Hopkins is so hard to hit, and Dawson who is in great shape doesn't have the same output as Calzaghe that would create the one weakness age has seemed to have brought to Hopkins. I think this would be a great technical fight.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chad Dawson getting Floyd Maweather, and Roy Jones Jr's vote.

I think both Floyd and Roy just dont want to aknowledge Joe, Roy is in the same division as Dawson yet is saying Dawson is better than him but at the same time wants us to believe that he has a chance with Joe

Dawson isnt the next big thing, Bernard beat Johnson alot more convincingly years ago.

All roads lead to and end at Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is black, American and flashy. Thats why they like him. Who else do they have to cheer about?

Just like Black Americans liking Obama without knowing what any of his policys are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I think both Floyd and Roy just dont want to aknowledge Joe, Roy is in the same division as Dawson yet is saying Dawson is better than him but at the same time wants us to believe that he has a chance with Joe

Dawson isnt the next big thing, Bernard beat Johnson alot more convincingly years ago.

All roads lead to and end at Joe
    Glen Johnson wasn't the same fighter he is now. Back in the day he fancied himself more of a boxer, and thus he wasn't as willing to walk through shots to land his own, also he wasn't as strong at middleweight as he is at light heavyweight. I don't think Roy Jones thinks much JOe because compared to Roy, he isn't that quick, he isn't truly on their level. Why would Mayweather give a shit whether Joe was acknowledged or not? Or Roy? It does Roy better to acknowledge Joe who he is fighting then to give Dawson credit.

Dawson right now is more legit as the next up and comer than anyone else. Who else who is still a prospect or rising star has his record? Mares doesn't, Berto doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    He is black, American and flashy. Thats why they like him. Who else do they have to cheer about?

Just like Black Americans liking Obama without knowing what any of his policys are.
    Dawson is flashy? Maybe in his fighting, but his personality isn't flashy at all. Thats bullshit, why wouldn't they hype Andre Berto then? Andre Ward? Dirrell? The Peterson brothers? There are plenty of up and coming black fighters from the states. All the guys I mentioned are guys for them to cheer about, and there are plenty more. Also black amercians not knowing Obama's policies is a horrible comparison. These two are as knowledgable about boxing as anyone. They both have been among the finest pure boxers the sport has ever seen, they know the sport, but especially when a guy can truly box. Furthermore, I can see Roy sponsoring a guy to a certain extent, but when Roy, a guy who thinks of himself as highly as I've seen anyone, says that this guy reminds him of his younger self, that IMO shows that Roy truly believes in this guy's skills. Roy used to say that Mayweather was good, but he was no Roy Jones. Why all the sudden would give this guy so much credibility when there is a large crop of skilled "black, flashy, american" fighters coming up in the near future.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dawson is definitely knocking on the door for a p4p slot. You can't knock him, he's beaten everyone who they have put in front of him, and wins over Adamek, Tarver and Glen Johnson are very impressive.

There are world champs out there who go there entire careers and don't have a resume as impressive as that so to have achieved that by 26 is impressive.

I think he'll be around a long time. I'm not totally sold on his durability but to be honest there are no real dangerous opponents out there who could hit him hard enough to knock him out.

Calzaghe, Jones and Hopkins are the other men in the division, but none of them would really be a physical threat to Dawson, it would be more of a boxing contest.

I think he's capable of beating all three which obviously would make him a true p4p star yet I still have doubts about him.

I'd love to see him fight Hopkins and the winner of Jones Calzaghe. Very tough fights to call.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dawson has great potential and is on his way to being one of the p4p best. But beating Tarver doesn't all of a sudden make him one of the elites in the sport...no matter what Roy and Floyd say.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, Jones and Mayweather haven't got a clue about what goes on inside the ring, it's skin color they are worried about Fuck off, Andre Berto is much flashier then Dawson why wouldn't they go for him.

Just saw Taeth's post, he is 100% right, what a terrible post that was even by your putrid standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Dawson is definitely knocking on the door for a p4p slot. You can't knock him, he's beaten everyone who they have put in front of him, and wins over Adamek, Tarver and Glen Johnson are very impressive.

There are world champs out there who go there entire careers and don't have a resume as impressive as that so to have achieved that by 26 is impressive.

I think he'll be around a long time. I'm not totally sold on his durability but to be honest there are no real dangerous opponents out there who could hit him hard enough to knock him out.

Calzaghe, Jones and Hopkins are the other men in the division, but none of them would really be a physical threat to Dawson, it would be more of a boxing contest.

I think he's capable of beating all three which obviously would make him a true p4p star yet I still have doubts about him.

I'd love to see him fight Hopkins and the winner of Jones Calzaghe. Very tough fights to call.
    I also worry about his durability, even though his fight with Glen Johnson truly was a brutal fight where they both landed a ton of hard shots, that Tarver and Adamek(Who just ko'ed Oneil Bell) are both good and solid punchers respectively, I still question why has he been down so much, is it balane issues or what? I find solice in that he is improving every fight, and that he seems mentally as tough as hell, but is his body as tough as his mind? I also quesiton why was Glen JOhnson able to land so many punches? Particularly that jab? Dawson a lot taller then Johnson, he's a lot faster, and he's southpaw, that alone should indicate if he just keeps his right hand up that Johnson shouldn't be able to land it, but Glen did all night, and if adaptability is what make guys like Hopkins and Mayweather so special, whereas Roy for all his intelligence had difficulty to adapting to certain fighters (Harding and Griffin and old age), but Roy had faster feet, and got hit far less then Dawson did against Johnson when Roy faced similar fighters in his prime.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just sent some Neg. Reps your way.
    What a stupid and silly post you just made.

Gotta disagree with you here and honestly not gonna bother debating it.

Quick little story.
    In a interview back in the mid 90's RJJ once said "Finito" Lopez was #1 P4P fighter in the world and not him (RJJ).
    "Finito" Lopez is as Mexican as they come.

Get 'chur mind right...

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is zero analogy to be made there, your completely clueless if you actually believe it is anything like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

Dawson is flashy? Maybe in his fighting, but his personality isn't flashy at all. Thats bullshit, why wouldn't they hype Andre Berto then? Andre Ward? Dirrell? The Peterson brothers? There are plenty of up and coming black fighters from the states. All the guys I mentioned are guys for them to cheer about, and there are plenty more. Also black amercians not knowing Obama's policies is a horrible comparison. These two are as knowledgable about boxing as anyone. They both have been among the finest pure boxers the sport has ever seen, they know the sport, but especially when a guy can truly box. Furthermore, I can see Roy sponsoring a guy to a certain extent, but when Roy, a guy who thinks of himself as highly as I've seen anyone, says that this guy reminds him of his younger self, that IMO shows that Roy truly believes in this guy's skills. Roy used to say that Mayweather was good, but he was no Roy Jones. Why all the sudden would give this guy so much credibility when there is a large crop of skilled "black, flashy, american" fighters coming up in the near future.

even somtimes i cant stand taeth i agree 100% on what he said. MARKUSDARKUS queer, i hope u get banned.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What would be interesting is if Joe took on Dawson after Jones.

Dont think its gonna happen as Joe keeps talking retirement, not sure how much of a showing hes gonna give here with talk like that, like hes already got his foot off the accelerator, dont think hes gonna lose to Jones though.

Dawson is deffinitly beatable, the Johnson fight was debateable and he didnt have to do much against Tarver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post

Yeah, Jones and Mayweather haven't got a clue about what goes on inside the ring, it's skin color they are worried about Fuck off, Andre Berto is much flashier then Dawson why wouldn't they go for him.

Just saw Taeth's post, he is 100% right, what a terrible post that was even by your putrid standards.

Why would Jones and Mayweather even go for dawson? by the way my father is black so i am of mixed race. If you think there is anything there racist you is stupid, hence my screen name "Darkus" or should i change that incase its seen as offencive?

People tend to gel with people they are like it nature.

Get the fuk outta here with the neg rep, people are far to tetchy now days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What? you don't think people can be racist to their own race? Hitler was half jewish

Thread Information