Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Roy Jones Jr traning hard enough??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Is Roy Jones Jr traning hard enough??

If RJJ doesn't win i may stop watching boxing for awhile, i could handle JMM losing, MAB losing. But one of my hero's as a kid losing ? ahh that would effect me bad as a boxing fan. Before i have a Amateur fight, i sometimes watch RJJ fights to give me inspiration. I hope he can retire on top he deserves it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    If RJJ doesn't win i may stop watching boxing for awhile, i could handle JMM losing, MAB losing. But one of my hero's as a kid losing ? ahh that would effect me bad as a boxing fan. Before i have a Amateur fight, i sometimes watch RJJ fights to give me inspiration. I hope he can retire on top he deserves it.
    Come on man don't do a Pride Of Boston and run off

All of our fav's lose. It's the sport of boxing.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Come on man don't do a Pride Of Boston and run off

All of our fav's lose. It's the sport of boxing.
    Don't mean run off bro just stop watching boxing for awhile, when MAB lost i didn't watch boxing for almost a month

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If that's the case how did you handle back-to-back KO losses?

You should be watching another sport now
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Regardless of roy jones jrs training, it all depends on his mindset coming into the ring. He could be in the best shape of his life but that isnt going to help him if hes gun shy. If he fights scared, he loses. Calzaghe will pump out punches all night long and Jones lets him and then he will lose a lopsided UD. If jones turns up in the right mindset, uses his right hand effectively then i see a possible tko for roy. Calzaghe is a south paw and we all saw him get caught by bhop in the first round with a right hand straight down the middle. If Bhop can land rights on calzaghe then roy can do it with ease. All he needs to do is turn up to win, not to survive.
    I am a firm believer that if you train hard you make yourself fight with a certain mindset. I think if you train hard it makes you focused, it makes you sharp. I truly believe Calzaghe isn't as great of a physical specimen as some of touted him, but that his training methods and focus are what make him great. I can't see Roy ko'ing Calzaghe, the one thing he doesn't have is his power of old. I think mainly because he is gun shy Roy takes steam of his punches so he can cover up quicker ala Winky Wright.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Read what i said Fenster i said i will stop watching the sport, for a month i didn't say i'd quit watching the sport altogether. And when he did get KO'ed back to back i did stop following boxing for quite sometime.

One last thing don't tell me what i should and shouldn't do thank you very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ICB
    JMM just beat Casamayor by a spectacular KO. You felt JMM won(though he didn't) against Pacquiao, and Barrera fought a great fight against JMM before he was relatively easily handled by Pacquiao.

Roy is expected to lose, and doesn'tt have much of chance here. He is too far over the hill mentally IMO. He is way too gunshy to win. Does he have the physical tools to beat Calzaghe? Absolutely, but will he use thoseabilities like he used to? Likely not. Perfect example of this? Jones-Tarver III, the two or three rounds he punched he badly hurt Tarver, and Tarver had no answer for Roy's offensive arsenal, but that was only for 2 rounds.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Read what i said Fenster i said i will stop watching the sport, for a month i didn't say i'd quit watching the sport altogether. And when he did get KO'ed back to back i did stop following boxing for quite sometime.

One last thing don't tell me what i should and shouldn't do thank you very much.
    I read exactly what you said.

If you're gonna be so UPSET watching Roy get spanked by Calzaghe then you should have been beyond devastated watching Roy get sparked unconcious - twice. Fact.

One last thing - I'm not telling you to do anything
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope its a good fight and they both come in at 110% of what they can,but really this is only for our money.

If it had ment more to either of them on any other level , they would have made it happen earlier when it really counted.
    Now built in excuses can naturally be a part of this fight with not as much face or glory to be lost, specially in Roys case. If he comes in cold or podgy we've been had.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was wondering the same thing. I mean the one guy he "slap fights" with looks old and fat. Not to be mean but how can he bring Roys game up for the fight?

For me it would be a dream come true for Roy to beat Joe convincingly but I dont think it will happen. Im not a Joe hatter just have been a big Roy fan for years.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love these dramatic excalamations of claims. If that's how that is worded, I don't know. Man, when Lacy lost to Calzaghe, THAT SUCKED. That like really sucked, like really really sucked. About as much as anything in any sport can crush you like. I felt like I did when the Giants dropped game 6 of the world series, it was crushing. But I even came on here that night, I don't think even something like that especially at this stage of Roy's career would conjure up a reaction like that.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The oddest one was Yoitsdan, dude just flat out never came back after Hatton-Mayweather.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and I don't think it matters to be honest, he's still fast but he doesn't have the legs or explosiveness anymore. I don't see him winning more than 1 or two rounds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am as big a Roy Jones fan as anybody...but he is physically past his prime and more importantly...mentally...he is no where near the fighter he once was. For whatever the reasons...the knockouts towards the end of his career have changed him (they would change ANY fighter). Does he still have fast hands....sure. But he has lost his tremendous reflexes...and he has definitely lost that confidence that he had in his prime...that when he stepped into the ring...no one could handle him physically. He is gun shy for a reason. He fought a completely SHOT and inactive Tito...and sure he won...but he hardly looked spectacular. I am no fan of Joe's at all...and i still wouldn't be shocked if Roy won. But this fight is happening many years too late.

Thread Information